Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

SIGN PETITION to appeal VA civil fees!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell him to remove the fee's or we will remove him from office.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Integrity
Banned

What gets me is when politicians try and claim that they don't have funding for things like education or road development. It just makes it worse, IMO, when someone like Senator Herring uses this excuse to justify "civil remedial fees." Karl, just tell that douchebag that if him and his buddies stopped lining their damn pockets with our tax dollars, there would be plenty of money to go around and therefore no need for "civil remedial fees."
Old 07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Integrity
What gets me is when politicians try and claim that they don't have funding for things like education or road development. It just makes it worse, IMO, when someone like Senator Herring uses this excuse to justify "civil remedial fees." Karl, just tell that douchebag that if him and his buddies stopped lining their damn pockets with our tax dollars, there would be plenty of money to go around and therefore no need for "civil remedial fees."
I know it's been stated before... what ever happened to the surplus (that was like in the billions of dollars)? Is it just collecting dust? Why not try and use that instead of this crap?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Integrity
State Delegates Albo and Rust added this last-second "Civil remedial fees" amendment to the Overall Transportation bill. They basically "snuck" it in. We'll see how Delegate Marshall and State Senator Herring react in the next General Assembly. They've both said that dealing with these new civil fees is at the top of their list. We'll see.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 PM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
State Delegates Albo and Rust added this last-second "Civil remedial fees" amendment to the Overall Transportation bill. They basically "snuck" it in. We'll see how Delegate Marshall and State Senator Herring react in the next General Assembly. They've both said that dealing with these new civil fees is at the top of their list. We'll see.

Sounds like it was a rider bill or something along those lines, I have yet to hear from the turds so I am really interested in seeing what there response will be. Great job though Dutch, at least you are getting input from the these sleazeballs.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 AM
MasterRacer

well just to let you guys know one of my sisters co-workers got pulled over
today on 66 in FairFuked County and seems that she did not "Yield" to the cop car that was pulled over on the shoulder. He chased her down and gave her a ticket and fines of $900......................WTF is going on.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:15 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
well just to let you guys know one of my sisters co-workers got pulled over
today on 66 in FairFuked County and seems that she did not "Yield" to the cop car that was pulled over on the shoulder. He chased her down and gave her a ticket and fines of $900......................WTF is going on.
That sucks... did the cop have someone pulled over or was it just sitting on the side of the road? If he had someone pulled over, technically (and legally) she's either supposed to move over a lane or slow down (for the officers safety). If he was just sitting there then he has no reason to ticket her, and I'd fight it in court. Also, if the cop lost sight of her, he can't do ****. All she has to say is that it wasn't her.

Here's a question... say you get one of these BS tickets and you fight it in court and are found not guilty of the charge... do the fees still apply?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
That sucks... did the cop have someone pulled over or was it just sitting on the side of the road? If he had someone pulled over, technically (and legally) she's either supposed to move over a lane or slow down (for the officers safety). If he was just sitting there then he has no reason to ticket her, and I'd fight it in court. Also, if the cop lost sight of her, he can't do ****. All she has to say is that it wasn't her.

Here's a question... say you get one of these BS tickets and you fight it in court and are found not guilty of the charge... do the fees still apply?

According to what she told me there was no one in front of the cop, and if I read some of the articles correctly the Judge can't waive the fees or reduce them. I assume people are stuck paying them, its such a crock!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

According to what she told me there was no one in front of the cop, and if I read some of the articles correctly the Judge can't waive the fees or reduce them. I assume people are stuck paying them, its such a crock!
wow this is some **** bs
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

+1 this law is actually legit. A lot of officers (enough for the state to pass a low on it) have been hit by oncoming cars because they get too close to the shoulder. He may have just got done writing someone a ticket. She might have gotten a little too close for comfort and it pissed the cop off. Although this is fairfuks county so who knows.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
+1 this law is actually legit. A lot of officers (enough for the state to pass a low on it) have been hit by oncoming cars because they get too close to the shoulder. He may have just got done writing someone a ticket. She might have gotten a little too close for comfort and it pissed the cop off. Although this is fairfuks county so who knows.
I'm pretty sure he wrote the ticket because she pissed him off, I was on left lane once going 55 mph on a 50 on FFX pkwy. Cop was right behind me so I decided to stay at a good speed. ****er pulls me over and tells me I'm going too slow, didn't give me a ticket, but just YELLS at the top of his lungs that this is the left lane, and if he ever sees me going this slow on the left lane he will ticket me...I hate ffx cops, ******, all of them

but luckily this just came in the mail 10 minutes ago
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM
bboypuertoroc

If he was just sitting there in his cruiser, he can't do ****. He only can if he was in the middle of a stop with his lights on. Did she say his lights were on?

I know what the articles said about not being able to waive the fees, but I'm talking about in a situation where you're not charged with anything (like if she fought this and won in court). Since she's not guilty, would she still have to pay? The way I understand, it can't be waived in the sense that say you get a reckless reduced to speeding or some ****... you're still guilty of SOMETHING. I hope that helps explain what I meant a bit more.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
I'm pretty sure he wrote the ticket because she pissed him off, I was on left lane once going 55 mph on a 50 on FFX pkwy. Cop was right behind me so I decided to stay at a good speed. ****er pulls me over and tells me I'm going too slow, didn't give me a ticket, but just YELLS at the top of his lungs that this is the left lane, and if he ever sees me going this slow on the left lane he will ticket me...I hate ffx cops, ******, all of them

Can't see pic (work blocks PB).

In your case (not to sound like a dick), but I agree with the cop (not the way he talked to you though). In a lot of states, "left laning" is illegal (and annoying as ****). I'm sure you normally use it for what it's meant (speeding and passing) but in this case, I woulda switched lanes, let the cop pass, and then paced him.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Can't see pic (work blocks PB).
Valentine Radar.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is NO. The state cannot assess fees on a conviction that didn't occur. If you're found not guilty, then in the eyes of the state, you've done nothing wrong so there is no crime to levee a fee against.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:25 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

woo hooooo, I just tested out the V1, picked up 2 bogeys along the pkwy,

aaah I'm in love
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by kcobean
My understanding is NO. The state cannot assess fees on a conviction that didn't occur. If you're found not guilty, then in the eyes of the state, you've done nothing wrong so there is no crime to levee a fee against.
OK, good. Could you imagine the ****storm if they still tried to collect on that?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

OK, good. Could you imagine the ****storm if they still tried to collect on that?
I wouldn't put it past the DMV to try.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:49 PM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

lol you A$$ hook us up

I was about to suggest a run to an NC Bestbuy for RD's
Old 07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Well I just got pulled over about 10 mins ago on my way home from the gym. The V1 went off indicating he was behind me which he was, he followed me all the way down home, so I kept to the speed limit, did everything right, so it happens, lights shine, he comes up to me, "do you know why I pulled you over?" "No, I don't", offc:"your speed was fine, and you did stop at all the stop signs, BUT at the red light, I saw you cross the white line by about 4 inches" yes he really said that, and the reason I crossed the white line was because the light turned yellow about 60 ft before the intersection, so I had to slam the brakes.

Long story short, he gave me a ticket for no front plate, so no points thank god...

Quick Reply: SIGN PETITION to appeal VA civil fees!