Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

****Any Christains on here??!***

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UGOTZ'D
sorry about caps lock. yeah it is important to witness to people about ur religion whatever it may be but i will not attempt to do so on a car forum. unless like i mentioned someone approaches me about it. and everyone is different in their beliefs (or lack thereof) but that is the beauty of having free will and living in america where you have the freedom to choose to or not to believe.

Why is it important? If someone came up to me on the street talking about religion I would want nothing to do with it (no matter what religion they were preaching). There is a place to discuss God(s) it's called church, people do have personal space and should be entitled to walk down the street minding thier own business without having to hear someone elses views. I think religion and prayer are very personal and sacred (to those who believe and or participate) anyone that has to reach out to others and express thier views may as well be asking "do this crack man, I do" or "hey join this cult it's the only way you can be a better person" true believers will follow thier heart. If you have to be convinced you are WEAK; a goat if you will. Be a leader, think for yourself and if God(s) and religion play a part in YOUR day to day keep it that way, don't preach unless you are a preacher.

"Sheep go to heaven, goats... go to hell" -Cake

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 08-02-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WOW Again!

Originally Posted by Alberto
+1 I been following this thread and the other and didnt feel like typing my thoughts on this. Robbie summed how I feel up nicely....

Wow you guys are tochy....you all have no problem voicing your opinions about some shop or part of the car to someone...

I guess I got what I needed off my chest.

The point was the total disrespec to the original OP. I think I proved my point.

I drive a G...I guess I should crawl into a hole and die because this is a Z forum?

Saying I am a Christian, born in IL, military Vertan, Democrat is Ok to say on this forum...I also drive a G and am Afrian American married to a white woman....and I also drive a G. I have a brother and a half sister....and I also drive a G.

It doesnt matter what I post...its me and I drive a G.

I cant wait for the next post that has absoultely nothing to do with cars....

you guys crack me up!

Thanks all for the entertainment.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 AM
mdracer76
Banned

OMG.. you were born in IL. ? Cant have that.. BAN!

LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Wow you guys are tochy....you all have no problem voicing your opinions about some shop or part of the car to someone...

The point was the total disrespec to the original OP. I think I proved my point.

I drive a G...I guess I should crawl into a hole and die because this is a Z forum?

Saying I am a Christian, born in IL, military Vertan, Democrat is Ok to say on this forum...I also drive a G and am Afrian American married to a white woman....and I also drive a G. I have a brother and a half sister....and I also drive a G.

you guys crack me up!

G and Z both have VQ engine, so you're good to go! Someone should photoshop a picture of Jesus driving a Z, that way we could all start to relate the two together.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

^^ Rotfl!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:59 AM
RedVisineX

Originally Posted by Driven1
No disrespect to anyone, but I still fail to see the point of this thread and it's purpose in the mid-a regional forum. There is nothing stated in this thread that references the Mid-A region specifically. Honestly, it could be viewed as a form of segregating the Christian Z owners from the rest. Not saying that I see it that way, but it honestly could. Just like you say 4-Shizzle why would you post a religious based thread outside of the forums put up for that specific purpose and discussion on religion?

I don't judge people by their beliefs whatsoever, but there is a right time and place for these discussions and IMO it doesn't belong in a regional forum that is meant for local car discussions, events, planning, and gatherings.

I don't visit the religous section of this forum b/c I choose not to discuss it or hear about it.

IMO this thread and the others are VERY similar to a thread that could be like "Any other (insert race) drive Z's?" And I just don't think that's right.
Driven, the point of this thread wasn't to harass or push my views on anyone. If you read the original thread, I had ask if there were any Christians out of curiosity, and possibly, in a later date to maybe link up and have a Christian Z meet or fellowship. But in no way did I PUSH my views onto anyone. The other reason I posted in Mid-Atlantic is that I live in Springfield, NoVa. I suppose it is considered Mid-Atlantic still right? While this site is a "Car Site", it is still a people site, and along with that comes different types from different backgrounds with one thing in common, cars,...more specific, a Z. Just from the few post I have seen from a simple thread is really disappointing to know that there are folks are there who are blatantly very disrespectful and only hide behind a screen name. I gather that if there were in "public" such attitudes or behavior would probably not even surface. And that is fine. I don't mind hanging out with non-Christians, heck I used to be one myself. But when it does happen, more often than not, you are surrounded by knuckleheads whom I personally would not like to be associated with. Not to say their aren't any respectable non-Christians, and on the flip side, that there aren't any knucklehead Christians. At the very least, you can try to hold them accountable for their actions because they have given their lives to the Lord, and probably are trying their best to live a Godly life. As for non-Christians who act up, you can't talk to them if they don't want to be talked to.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT

you guys crack me up!

Your right, the whole reason we bash other cars and shops that deal with our cars is because, this is a car forum. I have no problems with everyone wanting to find someone that believes the same thing they do, thats also in the Z community. My personal thought is that it belongs in the Religion section of the forums. How hard would have been to go in the religion section and have a title that says something like "Mid A <insert religious pref here> looking for other Z owners?"

In my mind, it would have gotten better response because people that were looking for the same thing would be looking in there.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
RedVisineX

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
If someone came up to me on the street talking about religion I would want nothing to do with it (no matter what religion they were preaching).
You all came to me....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by RedVisineX
Driven, the point of this thread wasn't to harass or push my views on anyone. If you read the original thread, I had ask if there were any Christians out of curiosity, and possibly, in a later date to maybe link up and have a Christian Z meet or fellowship. But in no way did I PUSH my views onto anyone. The other reason I posted in Mid-Atlantic is that I live in Springfield, NoVa. I suppose it is considered Mid-Atlantic still right? While this site is a "Car Site", it is still a people site, and along with that comes different types from different backgrounds with one thing in common, cars,...more specific, a Z. Just from the few post I have seen from a simple thread is really disappointing to know that there are folks are there who are blatantly very disrespectful and only hide behind a screen name. I gather that if there were in "public" such attitudes or behavior would probably not even surface. And that is fine. I don't mind hanging out with non-Christians, heck I used to be one myself. But when it does happen, more often than not, you are surrounded by knuckleheads whom I personally would not like to be associated with. Not to say their aren't any respectable non-Christians, and on the flip side, that there aren't any knucklehead Christians. At the very least, you can try to hold them accountable for their actions because they have given their lives to the Lord, and probably are trying their best to live a Godly life. As for non-Christians who act up, you can't talk to them if they don't want to be talked to.
So RedVisineX is your real name? Damn and I thought my parents were hippies by naming me Nowell!!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 AM
quint1

Originally Posted by Nowell
Your right, the whole reason we bash other cars and shops that deal with our cars is because, this is a car forum. I have no problems with everyone wanting to find someone that believes the same thing they do, thats also in the Z community. My personal thought is that it belongs in the Religion section of the forums. How hard would have been to go in the religion section and have a title that says something like "Mid A <insert religious pref here> looking for other Z owners?"

In my mind, it would have gotten better response because people that were looking for the same thing would be looking in there.

+1
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
RedVisineX

It is funny cus, I thought it would have been better to actually go where there are lots of Mid-Atlantic views, and post the question there, and see who comes. And to answer your question, it probably wouldn't have been hard at all. But then again, if it did warrant for a question to be posted else where, then a MOD could have easily moved the thread, rather than close it. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed....but still the lack of respect mad me pull out the can of whoop...lol. I couldnt let my boy go down like that for asking a simple question. He is new to the religion and to boards...poeple so recognize that...that behaivor also made My350Z.com look like it host a bunch of people that belong in a zoo.

RESPECT was the intent of my post. Not relgion at all. I started it to wake us up...we were sleeping and need a good kick in the pants.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
RedVisineX

So RedVisineX is your real name? Damn and I thought my parents were hippies by naming me Nowell!!
touche' Name is Henry, what is yours?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

It is funny cus, I thought it would have been better to actually go where there are lots of Mid-Atlantic views, and post the question there, and see who comes. And to answer your question, it probably wouldn't have been hard at all. But then again, if it did warrant for a question to be posted else where, then a MOD could have easily moved the thread, rather than close it. Wouldn't you agree?
You saw how long that last thread went on before the mods even locked it. There aren't that many and they can't clean up after every misplaced thread. A little bit of reading in the Mid A would have shown that there is a very cynical and biased group here. That might have raised a bit of a warning flag before posting even the most innocent question in here. Granted, the OP, and a few others are new here and haven't learned all of the people. While we are a very tight group, we are also very vocal. People tread lightly in the Mid A when its anything outside of the Z, shows, shops, etc. Not saying its right or wrong, just the law of the Mid A land.

Last edited by Nowell; 08-02-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Tubbs

Wow! There's CHRISTIANS in the Mid Atlantic? Stop playing. I thought they were rare!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Driven1
Professional

Where did I ever say that the purpose of the thread was to "push" your beliefs on anyone? I didn't so please don't put those words in my mouth.

However, you did prove my point that the thread was meant to segregate the Christian Z owners from the rest and have your own Christian Z meet. Away form those "knuckleheads" that you speak of and "would rather not be associated with".

The fact that you said that you "don't mind hanging with non Christian Z owners" also says that you basically tolerate those of us who are not Christian and would prefer to have a Chritian only Z meet b/c they share the same beliefs and opinions as you.

You're right with the fact that you live in the region... however I never said that you didn't live in the Mid-A region...so post away. But in case you haven't noticed the title of your thread and nothing contained in your thread or this one as a matter of fact had anything specifically mentioning Mid atlantic or local owners. It was VERY broad to say the least. And still IMO belongs in the religious section of this forum. Why else would it be there?

So I guess it would be ok if I started a thread calling all Caucasion Z owners? So we can have a Caucasion Z owners only meet at some point? Thats just seems EXTREMELY wrong to me and christian or not I don't "BELIEVE" in ANY type of segregation. It's a form of segregation and bias. Simple as that.

Edit: I have been an active member here for some time now and attended meet after meet and have yet to experience any type of segregation based on sex, race, or RELIGION for that matter. There are a TON of us who have the times of our lives gathering together because of the CARS NOT Religion. As a matter of fact it has NEVER been discussed to my knowledge nor do any of us care whether you're Christian, Agnostic, White, Black, Yellow, Brown, own a G35, or a Z. We're here for the love and passion for our cars.

Last edited by Driven1; 08-02-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

touche' Name is Henry, what is yours?
give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count =)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Freedom of Speech is what keeps this country going among other things. If someone has the right to post a thread like this, then others who oppose the thread have a right to state their opinion just as much. Whether or not their opinion has any point or validity to it what so ever as long as it doesn't infringe on another's rights. I don't take part on any side and just think you all get your little panties in a bunch way to easy. You make a thread like this and you should expect it to get heated or even worse become a bash session because it is loaded topic in itself. 4 shizzle I think your point is right about being more accepting but come on, we don't need you to teach us. As if now someone is going to have some great apiphone about acceptance and religion because you reopened a lame thread.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im not touchy, I take everything on here with a grain of salt. I really agree with that last line of Robbie's original post, that is all. I dont think any less of anybody who doesnt agree with me...

BTW-this is thread rehashing and you can be banned if somebody wanted to report it to mods (lame)-fyi Corey....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by PikesPeakZ
Freedom of Speech is what keeps this country going among other things. If someone has the right to post a thread like this, then others who oppose the thread have a right to state their opinion just as much. Whether or not their opinion has any point or validity to it what so ever as long as it doesn't infringe on another's rights. I don't take part on any side and just think you all get your little panties in a bunch way to easy. You make a thread like this and you should expect it to get heated or even worse become a bash session because it is loaded topic in itself. 4 shizzle I think your point is right about being more accepting but come on, we don't need you to teach us. As if now someone is going to have some great apiphone about acceptance and religion because you reopened a lame thread.
Careful or the Region **** Dutchboy is gonna come haze you out of this thread

Quick Reply: ****Any Christains on here??!***