Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

AAM Experience Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007 | 09:17 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by pepper
You think that its odd?
Yes, for a brake job? Is that not reasonable? People get brake jobs everyday on all types of cars, here are threads (unasked!) that were started upon customers who felt that a shop did something great:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=FTMFW
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/245855-3-3-final-drive-installed-review.html
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=Function
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=Function
I personally think that its odd that you jumped right into it assuming that I was ASKED to do it for a discounted price!
I have no control over your thoughts, but I ask all members who have been asked to write reviews on AAM to chime in now. You don't have to believe me Pepper, you can see for yourself! You do not post much on here, so I'm sure you missed the "New Engine Building Services Thread." Let me do you a favor and give you a brief recap: Mike chimed in on their motor build thread (which got closed btw) and offered various people free services, all he asked in return was for them to write an honest review and post it in Mid-A.

So before you "think that its odd" that that I "jumped right into assuming," you should perhaps get your facts straight!
How old are you?!?!
17 and 3/4, my birthday is coming up soon, are you going to get me something?
I know alot of shops around the country can easily do this type of job.
Exactly my point!

I posted the review becuase I was sincerely happy with the product and service.
if that is the reason, then that is wonderful!

To be honest, I was hesitant on taking my car to AAM in the begining... Then I spoke to a buddy of mine that told me how things at AAM had turned around.
Who? Is here on the Forums?
I initially called Forged Performance for a quote and all I got was a ball park. I'm sorry, if you're tring to get a client to spend 25k on a motorbuild, you're not going to get it by giving them ball park price with no specs or an email/fax! INSANE. AAM gave me a great quote and went over it all in detail.
I know of a guy that went to AAM for a motor build, his quote exceeded 25k, I'm sure he'll chime in eventually

Actually.. hold on... aren't there a FEW guys on here that had a 25k+ bill from AAM? Holddon... where are they NOW?!?!

If you're happy with the shop, great! Make sure you get everything in writing! and I hope you talk them into some sort of "warranty" as well! So just incase you go "KABOOM" down the road, Mike will offer to pay up for some of the damages... on the street.. or even on the DynO!
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:22 AM
abui01

Clint, I can honestly say hiring you was one of the best things AAM has done! You're helping them revive their image, speak to people professionally on the forums even though they may say negative things about the shop. You make an effort to come out to the meets and meet the locals. I can tell you're a good guy with good intentions, even though the shop may not be "of par," I can honestly see the efforts being raised to remedy this situation by you. +1 for Clint
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:28 AM
BestThreadEver

Too bad the person running the shop cant be the same way. He just rather take your money

Last edited by BestThreadEver; 11-14-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:42 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by abui01
vouching LMFAO
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:42 AM
Integrity
Banned

Kudos to Clint for fighting an uphill battle.
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:46 AM
BestThreadEver

He can fight it all he wants, he is not that one tuning the cars to the point of explosion.
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:49 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by Integrity
Kudos to Clint for fighting an uphill battle.
+1
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:53 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
Widebody350, since we've switched in house machining, our motors have been perfect.

Abui01 I see your point. We are always invlovled in large build-ups. A lot of our customers however are not board members, or do not post regularly, or simply dont have as much time as we do to post. We regularly take pics of our buildups that we can give to our customers for weekly updates. Would you be interested in seeing some of our build-ups with pics, progress reports and final dyno numbers? If youd like I can ask several of our recent customers if I can post info. on their buildups online for you guys to see?

I am more than willing to post this stuff; In fact I'de like to anyway. We just finished a 100mm 3.8L Greddy Twin car. Its sitting on the dyno now . I cant wait to see what it makes.

One good thing we do appreciate is all of your help critiquing our business.

Even the guys "TheBestThreadEver", "KAT>VQ", etc. with the screen names who just focus on to posting negatively about us.

There was communication error between the development staff and website/marketing staff, so I took it down until everything was on the same page. We'll be posting it up again very soon. I'll also be posting new dyno numbers our exhausts produce on the HR motor.

Nobody is perfect but every time anyone has any concern we take it very seriously. The Forum is a small portion of our business but a very important one none-the-less. Everything positive or negative you all contribute is considered and AAM makes appropriate changes. We have a goal of being the premier Nissan and Infiniti shop, and we will continue to change and improve until our goal is met.

As crazy as it sounds, we really do appreciate all of your feedback!
I haven't said one thing about AAM's knack for blowing motors up.
How many motors have you built in house?
Did Mike tune them?
Conservative tunes or aggressive tunes?
How many PSI are they pushing?
How many miles are on them?
Have you put any more cylinder heads on with hammers?
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:20 AM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

+1 Aam

Do you guys have HFC's in stock for the 07????

Last edited by Kieran@DrivenDynamics; 11-14-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:25 AM
KAT>VQ

[QUOTE=Clint@Altered

Even the guys "TheBestThreadEver", "KAT>VQ", etc. with the screen names who just focus on to posting negatively about us.]

I focus on the negative because I've been screwed over by AAM and don't want to see anymore people decieved and lied too by Mike. The new engines you guys are turning out seem to be doing fine and I don't think anybody has ever had an issue with the actual mechanical work or install, but we all know TUNING is the key that will make or break an engine.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:27 AM
TENGAI

....AAM gave me a great quote and went over it all in detail. Every item was listed so that there wouldnt be any surprises in the end....
Good luck with that.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:28 AM
rockinbboy

abui01...you are 17??? that might explain a lot ! :P hahaha. j/p.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:30 AM
BestThreadEver

....AAM gave me a great quote and went over it all in detail. Every item was listed so that there wouldnt be any surprises in the end....

You will only see the changes once you go pick it up, after the work is done.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:44 AM
zchick321

Last edited by zchick321; 11-14-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 11:45 AM
zchick321

[QUOTE=abui01]

lol..
Old 11-14-2007 | 02:41 PM
wtf no turbo

You guys just kill me with this ****. Im not one to really bash anyone which is why I did not take 2 hours of my life to write my function tuned train wreck.
Long story short destroyed my 1500 dollar radar detector/laser shifter. Car has half a gallon of water in the passenger side floor board from not resealing grommet. Had many issues with Dave at AAM after he left no problems and from what I hear my setup made 520hp with Mike and 370hp with Dave. There is much much more but need to go drive my vette.
Old 11-14-2007 | 03:26 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

to avoid confrontation like last time lol, Clint is and has been trying to fight out of the ditch. +10000 to him for not losing composure and consitantly fighting the battle. Yeah Function has been amazing everyone knows, as for Mike he did **** me off and thus function got my business. But honestly if someone such as Clint or even Willis had taken care of me from day 1 who knows. Yeah I realize many engine, many people screwed but that is with anything you do now. You want new brakes, new engine, new car??? You take the chance per situation. And I do notice the guys who did get screwed hard.... dont even post in these threads. Take that into consideration also, don't live in the past its already gone.
Old 11-14-2007 | 04:08 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
to avoid confrontation like last time lol, Clint is and has been trying to fight out of the ditch. +10000 to him for not losing composure and consitantly fighting the battle. Yeah Function has been amazing everyone knows, as for Mike he did **** me off and thus function got my business. But honestly if someone such as Clint or even Willis had taken care of me from day 1 who knows. Yeah I realize many engine, many people screwed but that is with anything you do now. You want new brakes, new engine, new car??? You take the chance per situation. And I do notice the guys who did get screwed hard.... dont even post in these threads. Take that into consideration also, don't live in the past its already gone.
+1 on all of that, perfectly said (except for the me getting screwed part lol)
Old 11-14-2007 | 04:58 PM
BestThreadEver

It may be in the past but Mike as not and will not admit to his wrong doing. All they do is say they will make it better and they have been saying that for around 10 years now. So it makes it very hard to believe.

Another funny thing is that Mike even blew up Clints car on the dyno.

Last edited by BestThreadEver; 11-14-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 07:30 PM
spddmn124

Originally Posted by BestThreadEver
It may be in the past but Mike as not and will not admit to his wrong doing. All they do is say they will make it better and they have been saying that for around 10 years now. So it makes it very hard to believe.

Another funny thing is that Mike even blew up Clints car on the dyno.
bestthreadever, why would you say this if you don't even know the full story?
Just shut up, don't post stupid immature posts on this forum.

abudaibubibaibaiBABY, you're 17 3/4 years old? you might not be but, I could see that your matuirty level is par with 17 year olds, you act your age and you sound like a little boy who needs a spanking. Just shut up, sit down and try to read and understand what the elders are talking about. And NO, your opinion doesn't count one bit, what so ever, if you want to post threads and/or messages, comeback in later in your life, when you are mature enough to talk to people with respect, maybe at that time you'll understand where I'm coming from.

There are so many haters here in this forum.
Why not just read the posts, if you have a FACT, say something, if you don't just close your mouth/stop moving your fingers.

Why not congratulate people when they are doing a good job??
Don't you want to be appraised when you do well, if not, you grew up around vaulgar family and friends. You guys can flame all you want, you might think you are cool, but a lot of MATURE people just don't care about your immature opinions, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!

Have a nice day.

Keep up the good work Clint.

Quick Reply: AAM Experience Review