Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

AAM Experience Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007 | 06:58 AM
pepper

Thumbs up AAM Experience Review

I took my car in to Jim Coleman for a small warranty repair and they called me and told me that I needed brakes. Their quote was something around $3,000.00 for the brakes and 30K service I called Clint@AAM and ordered the slotted/vented rotors from Brembo and Hawk ceramic pads. They also did my 30K service. Customer service was great and everything was done quickly and professionally. I know some people are weary of taking their cars there but AAM has been nothing short of great. Pricing and service are the best around! If I dont get the new GTR, they will be doing my motor build. I also took a tour of the shop and I must say that its a clean operation. Everything is done in house now so there is no margin for error.
Old 11-14-2007 | 07:00 AM
MUZZY

Yea im a fan of AAM also.
Old 11-14-2007 | 07:32 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

I have also had a good experiance with AAM, thier exhausts are excellent, very well made and great sound.
Old 11-14-2007 | 07:43 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Glad you had a good experience there pepper. I'm not sure I would have chosen the same, esp. after knowing what I know. Good luck with that build, if you choose to do it instead of a GTR.

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
I have also had a good experiance with AAM, thier exhausts are excellent, very well made and great sound.
I'm not too happy with the AAM y-pipe, after a few track outings I found that due to the angle (all other Y-pipes and the stock one is flat I believe) , I'd rubbed a small hole in the flex portion of the pipe.
Old 11-14-2007 | 07:46 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I'm not too happy with the AAM y-pipe, after a few track outings I found that due to the angle (all other Y-pipes and the stock one is flat I believe) , I'd rubbed a small hole in the flex portion of the pipe.

I won't go into details here on my attempt to buy a Y-pipe at AAM , but the exhausts are nice. I now run the JIC Y-pipe which is a very similar design to the AAM.

and that is not the first time I've heard about a hole in the flex, my old Y-pipe had the same prob and was a diff. brand it's the car thats too low and not the Y-pipe design.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:00 AM
abui01

+1! Very glad you had a great experience there Pepper, however as odd as it may seem, most people do not write reviews on simple jobs such as brake installs since every other mechanic shop in the nation can do this... I was expecting something along the lines of a turbo install/tune w/ print-outs and graphs. Perhaps even a build-up thread?
It only leads me to believe that you were personally asked by Mike to write this review... don't worry, you're not alone. I know of 3-4 other members on here "whom will not be named" who have also been asked to write reviews on AAM in compensation for "discounted services."

Like the great philosopher Nietzche, he would state, "it is better to fix a bad mistake than to fix a bad reputation." I can clearly see AAM's efforts to undo their wrongs in the past in hopes to create a better image of themselves in Mid-A, I wish nothing but good luck to them in their endeavors.

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
With the comment on their exhaust systems, I currently am running their 2.5 TD. The welds are not... of par. You don't have to take my word for it, I will be taking photographic evidence and posting it later in this thread and letting the crowd decide for themselves. The H-Pipe section is crookid and slanted at a slight 15 degree angle. The passenger side pipe rests on my rear sway bar and the tips are uneven. The driver's side tip is 2mm from touching my rear bumper and the passenger side tip is 5mm away.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:03 AM
runz

Glad you had a good experience there pepper. I'm not sure I would have chosen the same, esp. after knowing what I know. Good luck with that build, if you choose to do it instead of a GTR.

thats because ur lowered a 1/2 inch off the ground
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:04 AM
PumpedVA

And away we go! lol
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:16 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by runz
thats because ur lowered a 1/2 inch off the ground
LOL.. this was before my new Drop Cant wait to hit the track again and see the whole Y-Pipe flying off in my rearview.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:35 AM
widebody350

I have an AAM 3'' TD Ti on and it looks good/sounds good but rattles a lot and the tips aren't even.

Caaaalllllipppper onnnn bbbbrakke. sssccrewww bbbolt. I dddddiiidddd itttt. lol(I was watching the Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and got that from the huge black dude who said, Sawy I brokkeded yur toy.). Much harder than that but in the realm of commenting on a shop's ability to do work or provide quality customer service, a 30k service/brake job are about that simple.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:35 AM
KAT>VQ

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
And away we go! lol
Post locked in T-minus 30 min. LOL @ AAM giving discounts to people who post good comments. I would believe that.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:38 AM
MasterRacer

Eddddddddddddddddddddddddit
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:39 AM
MasterRacer

LOL.. this was before my new Drop Cant wait to hit the track again and see the whole Y-Pipe flying off in my rearview.

snap shot of that ^^ lol
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:42 AM
KAT>VQ

I wounder what happened to their "Upper Front Support Brace" post. That took a day to disappear.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:47 AM
pepper

You think that its odd? I personally think that its odd that you jumped right into it assuming that I was ASKED to do it for a discounted price! How old are you?!?! I know alot of shops around the country can easily do this type of job. During the whole process, Mike never asked me to do anything... nor did I even speak to him until I was there to dyno my car a few days later. I posted the review becuase I was sincerely happy with the product and service. To be honest, I was hesitant on taking my car to AAM in the begining... Then I spoke to a buddy of mine that told me how things at AAM had turned around. I called in and spoke with Clint. He invited to come by the shop and take a tour of their facilites. To say the least, I was impressed and pleased. I hate naming other shops but I initially called Forged Performance for a quote and all I got was a ball park. I'm sorry, if you're tring to get a client to spend 25k on a motorbuild, you're not going to get it by giving them ball park price with no specs or an email/fax! INSANE. AAM gave me a great quote and went over it all in detail. Every item was listed so that there wouldnt be any surprises in the end. It all comes down to customer service and AAM has since then proven to me that they are the shop that I am going to stick with.

Originally Posted by abui01
+1! Very glad you had a great experience there Pepper, however as odd as it may seem, most people do not write reviews on simple jobs such as brake installs since every other mechanic shop in the nation can do this... I was expecting something along the lines of a turbo install/tune w/ print-outs and graphs. Perhaps even a build-up thread?
It only leads me to believe that you were personally asked by Mike to write this review... don't worry, you're not alone. I know of 3-4 other members on here "whom will not be named" who have also been asked to write reviews on AAM in compensation for "discounted services."

Like the great philosopher Nietzche, he would state, "it is better to fix a bad mistake than to fix a bad reputation." I can clearly see AAM's efforts to undo their wrongs in the past in hopes to create a better image of themselves in Mid-A, I wish nothing but good luck to them in their endeavors.

With the comment on their exhaust systems, I currently am running their 2.5 TD. The welds are not... of par. You don't have to take my word for it, I will be taking photographic evidence and posting it later in this thread and letting the crowd decide for themselves. The H-Pipe section is crookid and slanted at a slight 15 degree angle. The passenger side pipe rests on my rear sway bar and the tips are uneven. The driver's side tip is 2mm from touching my rear bumper and the passenger side tip is 5mm away.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:48 AM
pepper

mind the lack of posts here... I am usually on G35Driver. "pepepr" I know its mispelled.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:51 AM
widebody350

double posted. Ahn probably assumed that you made this post about nothing extensive, b/c there have been several people who were propositioned to say good things about AAM and would get discounts in return. I also find it interesting that you didn't make this post after you got your brakes/30k service done, but after you got a dyno done.

Last edited by widebody350; 11-14-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 08:52 AM
BestThreadEver

lol

Everytime they try and post they just end up deleting it. They should just close up shop. It would be the best thing they could ever do for the 350/G35.

You may have got a good quote from AAM, but that does not mean the motor will hold up. Search around and see how many motors went boom on that dyno, and then check how many have popped at Forged. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Last edited by BestThreadEver; 11-14-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:13 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by abui01
Widebody350, since we've switched in house machining, our motors have been perfect.

Abui01– I see your point. We are always invlovled in large build-ups. A lot of our customers however are not board members, or do not post regularly, or simply don’t have as much time as we do to post. We regularly take pics of our buildups that we can give to our customers for weekly updates. Would you be interested in seeing some of our build-ups with pics, progress reports and final dyno numbers? If you’d like I can ask several of our recent customers if I can post info. on their buildups online for you guys to see?

I am more than willing to post this stuff; In fact I'de like to anyway. We just finished a 100mm 3.8L Greddy Twin car. Its sitting on the dyno now . I cant wait to see what it makes.

One good thing we do appreciate is all of your help critiquing our business.

Even the guys "TheBestThreadEver", "KAT>VQ", etc. with the screen names who just focus on to posting negatively about us.

There was communication error between the development staff and website/marketing staff, so I took it down until everything was on the same page. We'll be posting it up again very soon. I'll also be posting new dyno numbers our exhausts produce on the HR motor.

Nobody is perfect but every time anyone has any concern we take it very seriously. The Forum is a small portion of our business but a very important one none-the-less. Everything positive or negative you all contribute is considered and AAM makes appropriate changes. We have a goal of being the premier Nissan and Infiniti shop, and we will continue to change and improve until our goal is met.

As crazy as it sounds, we really do appreciate all of your feedback!

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 11-14-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-14-2007 | 09:13 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

This is like a thread from s2ki... everyone bashes, no one listens. Take your car where you want, and don't argue with someone on the fact they were happy with a product or service. you all see my sig, you know where I shop but I do give credit where credit is due and soak up all the other info. and base my choices on that rather than bash a business publicly.

Ahn if you down pipes or exhaust are crooked I don't blame you one bit for being PO'ed, however mine look damn good. I think if you went to the source and expressed your concearn it would be adressed. If it isn't or wasn't.... then it's time to let people know about it.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 11-14-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: AAM Experience Review