Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Last Late Night Run for 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Master of Baiting
Demolition Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please fill everyone in on what happened guys, since I sure as hell cant, Like I said I still dont remember anything that happened minutes before the crash, things started coming back to me as I was laying in the hospital, like who Matt, Corey and Bobby were but thats about the extent, i also remember the drive up there and everything. Doctors said I have a concussion and a few lacerations but I'll be fine. Eric post up the pictures, I wanna see my baby..
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
MasterRacer

^^ Dude thank god your alright, I dont know you but I normally run out with Cory and the rest of the guys. I am sorry about the car, but thats replaceable. Glad to hear you are safe!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Before shots:

Afterwards:

I snapped those ones real quick, so its the only angle I have. Bsurdam should have other angles....

Last edited by Eric the Ricer; 11-30-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Master of Baiting
Demolition Man

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
^^ Dude thank god your alright, I dont know you but I normally run out with Cory and the rest of the guys. I am sorry about the car, but thats replaceable. Glad to hear you are safe!
Thank you very much, I just saw the picture of my car, how did I walk away from it...thank god is all I have to say
Old 11-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

HOOOOLY SHEIT!!!!!!!! Man you WERE lucky!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Master of Baiting
Demolition Man

very lucy

Last edited by Master of Baiting; 11-30-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:52 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately the Packers werent so lucky!

LOL

Had to brighten the mood!

lol

Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Black Duck

That's scary. Glad you got out ok.

So this Accord was driving on the wrong side of the road and then fled the scene?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 AM
KManZ
Banned

I saw the accident happen, as I was behind him in line.

We were driving pretty conservatively, probably no more than 50, and I was about 6-7 lengths behind. We came up on a nice long corner with a sharp apex. ie. because of the trees you couldn't see around to the exit of the corner. Suddenly I see another car appear which just seemed to keep going straight instead of taking the corner, his headlights were ACROSS the center line.

Thai swerved to miss the car, as I saw his tail lights fishtail around the other car. After that I lost him around the corner and at the same time had to dodge the oncoming car myself, but by then he had sort of corrected his route, so I didn't get hit or ran off.

Coming around the corner, I catch the last few milliseconds of his car on the road as his tail lights rotated due to his front tires catching dirt. And when I fully straightened out from the corner's apex, my HID's catch the Pike's Peak White floating in the air for a split second before I lost sight due to the drop off the side of the road. It was like he was there one second, and in the next he vanished. If I hadn't seen him go off, I would have missed him completely.

I stopped my car and ran over to the side of the road, shouting that I was right there, can you hear me, I'm coming down etc... I get down there and see that his car is demolished; all the sharp angles are rounded off, body panels are broken off. His car is upside down, and the engine is still running.

So I knocked on the window and asked him if he could hear me, and he responded. I asked if he could move, if anything was broken, to which he replied "yeah, I think so". So I said I was going to open the door and get him out, but before I could he opened it himself and sort of slid out. I caught him and pulled him out the rest of the way and got him away from the car. I went back to shut the car off and noticed the air bags had deployed.

He was dazed, asking "is this my car, where am I?", "what happened?"... I asked him what he last remembered, and he said "driving home from work" man, you were out of it!

I tried to call 911, and had no service. Luckily Cory did...

Last edited by KManZ; 11-30-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

do you have Gap insurance? or a "new car replacement" policy??

HOLY S*** glad everyone is OK, sorry about the Z!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
4SHIZZIL

Well for the record I am glad that youre ok and that you were going the speed limit. I am sure that they can look at the skid marks and tell how fast you were going. Like I said, you did nothing wrong and it wasnt your fault. Be thankful you didnt try to test out that fresh HREV engine just before that corner. You would of hit that guy head on without a doubt! Basically Matt is the hero in the story, because he had you out of the car before I could even get back to you two (2 minutes top). I then asked where you were, but Matt was in a panic as well and couldnt talk effectively. I had no idea where you were, but after calling 911 and having the operator tell me the right questions to ask you we were able to figure out the steps in no order.

1. Honda Accord doing about 75-80mph most likely was in the other lane to compensate for the curve..or should I say just acting dumb on the road. But considering the handling characteristics of a 1992ish Accord..they were in that lane to make the curve at that speed. My two cents anyway.

2. You swirved right on a left curve..the back to the right..r

3. Right side caught the gravel and your began an Initial D drift only to lose to the angle of the curve and the angle of the ditch.. ( I feel, this is why Matt could not see you anymore because you were sideways almost backwards...headlights pointed up!

4. Not sure of this part, but it appears that you were 180 going down the ditch when the drivers side rear hit a tree which threw you up in the air and sandwiched you inbetween the two trees.

5. FYI your car is in the air in the pictures above.

6. Matt stopped and ran down about 30 seconds after impact. Asked if you were OK and that he was going to open the door.

7. You took your seat belt off and opened the door, not realizing you were about 2 feet off the ground.

8. You fell out of the car, Matt grabbed you and sat you upright..

9 I having that gut feeling something was wrong and busted a U turn after only seeing two of five sets of head lights behind me.

10 I was so confused because there was only one car. My thoughts were that the Honda must have smashed you into the woods and Matt drove around before he stopped. But once I passed Matts car...still no Z! WTF!

11. Matt is not making complete sentences...I hear, I tried to get him out! Car in the wrong lane..Tail lights, His car in the air...!

12. I now see the Z...I drove right passed it. I instantly asked if you call 911..he is still not making much sense.

13. I call 911 and the operator ask me the needed info:
Where are you? Anyone hurt? What happened?

14. Becasue I only know the first answer...I defer to Matt who witnessed the entire thing.

15. "He is Ok, but obviously hurt he says..he fellout of the car. (im thinking he flew out the window or soomething!) That car was in our lane..ran him right off the road...Man...man....bleep bleep!"

16. I give the dispatcher all my information and tell her that I cannot see him, but I hear that he is Ok and that someone ran him off the road.

17. She says hang tight, authorities are on the way.

18..total shock and dismay... after about 30 minutes of ensuring the car is safe..from fire and such..the firemen ask us "what kind of car it is?"

Our reply

A 3 day old 2008 Nissan 350z!

And no I didnt spell check this shizzil! lol

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 11-30-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Duck
That's scary. Glad you got out ok.

So this Accord was driving on the wrong side of the road and then fled the scene?
Yeah... this guy was booking. I saw him for a split second as he passed me and after that he was gone. Not to cut the asshat any slack, but he wouldn't have been able to see the accident due to the angle of the corner... so he probably didn't know anything had happened. But still, no excuse for driving over center on a blind corner.

Cowboys won.. oh well. Favre got hurt, but Aaron Rogers did damn good as a back up. I think the Packers just got in their rhythm too late!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Master of Baiting
Demolition Man

Eric, told me I was also saying long time to see to him, even though I saw him the other day and met up with him to drive to springfield, and right after he told me it was my car and I just got it, he said I said," At least I got the right color" and I also asked if I got an auto or stick, I was happy to find out its a 6spd
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Well for the record I am glad that youre ok and that you were going the speed limit. I am sure that they can look at the skid marks and tell how fast you were going. Like I said, you didnt nothing wrong and it wasnt your fault. Be thankful you didnt try to test out that fresh HREV engine just before that corner. You would of hit that guy head on without a doubt! Basically Matt is the hero in the story, because he had you out of the car before I could even get back to you two (2 minutes top). I then asked where you were, but Matt was in a panica as well and couldnt talk effectively. I had no idea where you were, but after calling 911 and having the operator tell me the right questions to ask you we were able to out the steps in order.

1. Honda Accord doing about 75-80mph most likely was in the other lane to compensate for the curve..or should acting dumb on the road. But considering the handling characteristics of a 1992ish Accord..they were in that lane to make the curve at that speed. My two cents anyway.
2. You swirved right on a left curve..the back to the right..r
3. Right side caught the gravel and your began an Initial D drift only to lose to the angle of the curve and the angle of the ditch.. ( I feel, this is why Matt could not see you anymore because you were sideways almost backwards...
4. Not sure of this part, but it appears that you were 180 going down the ditch when the drivers side rear hit a tree which threw you up in the air and sandwiched you inbetween the two trees.
5. FYI your car is in the air in the pictures above.
6. Matt stopped and ran down about 30 seconds after impact. Asked if you were OK and that he was going to open the door.
7. You took your seat belt off and opened the door, not realizing you were about 2 feet off the ground.
8. You feel out of the car, Matt grabbed you and sat you upright..
9 I having that gut feeling something was wrong and busted a U turn.
10 I was so confused because there was only one car. My thoughts were that the Honda must have smashed you into the woods and Matt drove around before he stopped. But once I passed Matts car...still no Z! WTF!
11. Matt is not making complete sentences...I hear, I tried to get him out! Car in the wrong lane..Tail lights, His car in the air...!
12. I now see the Z...I drove right passed it. I instantly asked if you call 911..he is still not making much sense.
13. I call 911 and the operator ask me the needed info:
Where are you?

Not really panic so much as trying to figure out what to do next. I had all this stuff going through my mind, like "is the car going to tip over on me if I open the door, is his neck broken, is he even alive".

But yeah, his car was invisible from the road. I think he made a perfect landing though in the sense that he missed a lot of bigger trees before coming to rest suspended in the air.

I have some scrapes on my wrist, which I think came from some glass while sliding him out. Didn't notice them until today. I also think I hit my shin on a log. Damn adrenaline!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Master of Baiting
Demolition Man

you are definitely the hero Matt, i owe you my life, I filed a claim and I hope you guys dont mind but I gave the ajuster you and matts contact because i know you guys can make more sense of what happened then I did
Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by ESK07
you are definitely the hero Matt, i owe you my life, I filed a claim and I hope you guys dont mind but I gave the ajuster you and matts contact because i know you guys can make more sense of what happened then I did
There is alway my 911 call if they want to hear it live!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by ESK07
Hey man, I am just happy you were able to walk away from it intact. Anyone in my place would have reacted in a similar manner
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Driven1
Professional

You are one lucky man. Thank goodness you're ok. Be safe out there guys.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by KManZ
Hey man, I am just happy you were able to walk away from it intact. Anyone in my place would have reacted in a similar manner
I dunno man. You did a badass job. I couldn't even move when I showed up thats how shocked I was.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Oh.. wow.. this could have been much worse.. I'm glad everyone is OK!

Quick Reply: Last Late Night Run for 2008