Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

HIN Car Show (April)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Driven1
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rspec
Let's face it... I just dont see how average modified cars can stack up againt those big company sponsored cars...??? Sounds fair huh????
who cares bout them cars with 100TVs stuffed inside winning $10 worthy trophy? big deal..I get most satisfaction when people take out their cell phone camera and take pic of my ride or give me a big thumps up on the street~

Yup, thats what it's about! Enjoying other people who are enjoying looking at and checking out your car. When someone says something about how they like my car, it makes it all worth it.

Believe it or not there are ALOT of people who would kill to have the vehicles some of us have and would do many of the same things many of us do to our cars. But the simple fact is for those who can't do it, we are the ones who give them something to dream about and strive for.

Beautiful G by the way. I've seen it many many times.

And for the guy who asked about getting sponsored....know someone Simple as that. Or know someone who knows someone and have a $hit ton of money and mods into a tastefully award winning vehicle.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
I will be entering, let me know when you go to car toyz i'll swing by and shoot some ideas. CT2 is second to none with custom fabrication to speaker install, anything you can imagine will come true there
Stop by Car Toyz 2, walk out with the 100ft trophies every show. If you are serious about showing, a good friend told me dare to walk to the edge and be different. If YOU like the wheels then that's all that matters. Like I said if car shows is what you are into then make sure whatever you do is original.
I would not go custom body kit, tons of money not really worth it. spread your money throughout the vehicle. exterior/interior/engine bay/audio, etc. All of which Arthur will take care of you at Car Toyz 2
Thats just this thread....

need I say more?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

alright well this one is for you ERIC. Please go ***** in every thread asking "where should I go" and every single person says function. yeah point game match. I have never been approached to blow CT2 up like I do, I have been in business for my whole life and when a shop treats me right they deserve the credit. Sorry you have an issue with it and no I get nothing for saying CT2 everywhere, that is my own personal choice. Enter in HIN ace
Old 12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

alright well this one is for you ERIC. Please go ***** in every thread asking "where should I go" and every single person says function. yeah point game match. I have never been approached to blow CT2 up like I do, I have been in business for my whole life and when a shop treats me right they deserve the credit. Sorry you have an issue with it and no I get nothing for saying CT2 everywhere, that is my own personal choice. Enter in HIN ace
I'm just saying that you should chill out with it. Yeah everybody says go to function, and most people say go to CT2, but you go out of your way in almost every thread to put their name out there. Hell, you're practically acting like you work there, so to most people, it looks like you're getting something out of it. Now you're going off saying what big things you'll have going on and all this other nonsense, what are we supposed to think?

And for HIN, its not my thing
Old 12-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

nonsense? alright i'm just going to stop here before this gets ugly
Old 12-21-2007, 04:04 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nonsense? alright i'm just going to stop here before this gets ugly
Calm down I'm a fanboy of CT2 as well and so are a lot of Mid-A members . We all love Arthur. We all know who's the #1 fanboy here and there's nothing wrong with that.

Eric the Ricer, contact Arthur at Cat Toyz 2, he'll take care of you!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

nonsense?
what's wrong with saying nonsense?
Old 12-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

like I said, i'm done with this conversation no need to stir up more chit in the mid-a
Old 12-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Rspec

Originally Posted by Driven1
Believe it or not there are ALOT of people who would kill to have the vehicles some of us have and would do many of the same things many of us do to our cars. But the simple fact is for those who can't do it, we are the ones who give them something to dream about and strive for.
yup exactly.
I was at rockvillepike last friday night and met this dude owns honda civic said "OMFG, your car is UNREAL !" and drooling all over my car......
Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
617G

Originally Posted by Driven1
And for the guy who asked about getting sponsored....know someone Simple as that. Or know someone who knows someone and have a $hit ton of money and mods into a tastefully award winning vehicle.
+1 I'm not going to disclose how I got my sponsorship with Charge Speed, but let's just say someone I got my parts from knew the guys over there and got my foot in the door. It took me 2 months of emails back and forth, pleading my case and finally they "gave in" so to say. At the time, my pictures were the only ones (still are) with the CS kit except the blue car from Japan. Of course it helped that I had the only Charge Speed kit for the G at the time, but a lot of it had to do with my proposal, future goals and what I already had done. It's hard to get a sponsorship from companies like Mackin, Dazz, or TS because they know they're **** is gonna sell so they don't care as much. In those situations, you HAVE to know someone.

Like Rspec said though, I get more pleasure out of bystanders drooling, snapping pix, and asking questions than I would winning a show. Today for example, some guy followed me to Dunkin Donuts after hearing my dumps to ask all sorts of questions. That made my day

Last edited by 617G; 12-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by Rspec
yup exactly.
I was at rockvillepike last friday night and met this dude owns honda civic said "OMFG, your car is UNREAL !" and drooling all over my car......
didn't know any decent cars still went out!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by 617G
+1 I'm not going to disclose how I got my sponsorship with Charge Speed, but let's just say someone I got my parts from knew the guys over there and got my foot in the door. It took me 2 months of emails back and forth, pleading my case and finally they "gave in" so to say. At the time, my pictures were the only ones (still are) with the CS kit except the blue car from Japan. Of course it helped that I had the only Charge Speed kit for the G at the time, but a lot of it had to do with my proposal, future goals and what I already had done. It's hard to get a sponsorship from companies like Mackin, Dazz, or TS because they know they're **** is gonna sell so they don't care as much. In those situations, you HAVE to know someone.

Like Rspec said though, I get more pleasure out of bystanders drooling, snapping pix, and asking questions than I would winning a show. Today for example, some guy followed me to Dunkin Donuts after hearing my dumps to ask all sorts of questions. That made my day

Oh yeah man, I agree 100%. As competitive as some of us are I think there's a vast majority who at the end of the day if a little kid who's at a show with his dad comes up to your car and think's it so "Cool" but is too shy to go up to it and ask about, I think most would immediately go up and ask him if he wants to sit in it and get his picture. It just makes it all worth it imo. The months of downtime, all the money and headache is forgotten about.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM
r0csfinest

yes I agree 100% I love seeing the little kids reactions. They are the best! That's why I like picking up my little sister from school LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Driven1
Professional

like I said, i'm done with this conversation no need to stir up more chit in the mid-a
He's getting on your case b/c it's getting annoying.

You're not the only one who knows about them and people have been praising them WELL before they were even on the boards.

No offense, but Arthur has been doing this quite a while and his name and work speaks for itself throughout the industry. I don't think it's beneficial when most are trying to support his shop and work and all you have to say over and over repeditively is "Car Toys FTW" (and in the same thread at that). It's just not necessary.

People are trying to get actual input about things and opinions and all you do is annoy them by repeating it over and over in their thread.

I have yet to see ANYONE NOT speak with EXTREME high regards to Arthur, Tom, their crew and the shop. It's an AMAZING shop and the stuff they do is truely one of a kind and only getting beter by the day. Just lay off a little bit with it.

When someone speaks badly about Car ToyZ 2 (I seriously doubt that will ever happen) then go ahead and come on out and fan away (as Im sure most will do the same), but until then it's understood by I believe EVERYONE here (including myself) that Arthur, Tom, and the entire crew at Car ToyZ 2 are 100% class and quality.

And yes Arthur does work on my and my familes vehicles. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited by Driven1; 12-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Damnit that means they are putting me in wild this year due to my molded widebody Rspec I am not sure if I have met you before I have met mike with the white G and min ho and his brother john and good friends with alex Im sure we will cross paths eventually.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

well Robbie you don't have to really worry about it b/c i'm parting out going to stock and selling so have fun
Old 12-22-2007, 06:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well Robbie you don't have to really worry about it b/c i'm parting out going to stock and selling so have fun
Parting out? Contact Arthur at Car Toyz 2. He'll take care of you.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:21 AM
617G

Originally Posted by bb1314
Old 12-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by bb1314
one step ahead of you
Old 12-22-2007, 07:42 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I'll get into the rant.. I'm pissed that I'll possibly be at work for X-mas.. so I need to vent about something..

Thats why I stopped being judged at HIN. When GoldDigger lost to Minho's Z.. I knew something was fishy. Golddigger had a TT built!!!! motor!!!!, TopsSecret Widebody full custom cage.. etc etc etc.. against a vortech, UNBUILT, bolt in cusco cage, widebody veilside version 2 with just a custom candy paint with no airbrushing.

If you are a judge, and you let the 2nd car win..your either his buddy, or the owner is blowing you.

That is why I enter, but when the judges come around, I tell them that I don't want the car to be judged.
I am right there with you mike. Hell I am not even around when the judges show up anyway LOL BAR TIME

Quick Reply: HIN Car Show (April)