Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Northern Virginia Meets/clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
zeeroadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Virginia Meets/clubs?

Hey guys...

I just picked up a new Z touring roadster..I was looking to meet some other local Z owners.

Do you guys ever just meet up on the weekend at a starbucks or baskin robbins? It would be pretty cool to get a big group of Zs together in a parking lot and hang out at one of those places...would offer an opportunity for some new Z owners to meet ...

thoughts?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
fairladyinit

Where in NOVA are you?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

First off, welcome! There is always something going on here. You'll meet plenty of people.

Now, post pics of your ride!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
First off, welcome! There is always something going on here. You'll meet plenty of people.

Now, post pics of your ride!
+1 Tell us a little about yourself and your ride man. Many on here already know each other from meets, bbq's etc and Im sure you'll get a chance to meet most of guys and gals in the region soon enough.

PICS.

Last edited by Driven1; 02-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:34 PM
madelf222

I'm in NoVA and wouldn't mind getting together if we can work it out...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey welcome to the forum. We're all one big family here. +1 on where in NOVA are you located?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 PM
VTMustard

Welcome to the Mid-A guys! Plenty of meets are going to pop up once the weather starts to get warm, just stay tuned!

I am pretty sure this thread would be useful for you guys, https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/319813-the-official-mid-a-bio-thread.html Anyone know why this has been made a sticky yet?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 AM
zeeroadster

thanks for the responses..Everyone on here seems pretty cool (so far )

Me? well..im 38, moved here three years ago from Florida to finish grad school, got a fellowship, then a job offer, so here I am.

I used to have a mercury marauder, and those guys love their cars too. They had a popular forum and met all of the time. It was alot of fun and I met tons of people through it. So, Im hoping for the same experience.

Im in Arlington, near the Pentagon.

I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Oh, btw, im getting a usa spec pa11 ipod adapter installed today, ill report on it later.

Can you guys tell me a little about all of you also? Age? Where do you live? What Z? etc..

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 AM
cp2
Banned

me and my girl are in MD now, but we are moving to Reston, VA end of Macrh. Hope to see ya around.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by zeeroadster
thanks for the responses..Everyone on here seems pretty cool (so far )

Me? well..im 38, moved here three years ago from Florida to finish grad school, got a fellowship, then a job offer, so here I am.

I used to have a mercury marauder, and those guys love their cars too. They had a popular forum and met all of the time. It was alot of fun and I met tons of people through it. So, Im hoping for the same experience.

Im in Arlington, near the Pentagon.

I will try to post some pics this weekend.

Oh, btw, im getting a usa spec pa11 ipod adapter installed today, ill report on it later.

Can you guys tell me a little about all of you also? Age? Where do you live? What Z? etc..

Thanks!
Welcome to the Mid-A! Good times are had with this crew, lots of meets and get togethers throughout the year.

You live in Arlington? My gf used to live off of Washington Blvd. and Pershing, which is about 2 miles from the Pentagon. As for me, I'm 26, live in VA (Fairfax or Merrifield, depending on the day).

Just a friendly tip: the Mid A forum is good to go, but the main forums on this site can be a bit "much" if you don't have thick skin. I advise you to thoroughly search before you ask a question, or else you'll get eaten alive
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 AM
MasterRacer

"SEARCH" button is your friend

What's up with the Baskin Robbins as a meet spot lol
Hooter's sounds a bit more appropiate IMO
Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Also, when you mod your car, and you post pictures asking for feedback, know that you will get good and bad, no matter WHAT. It could be butt ugly and you'll have people love it, or it could be BEAUTIFUL and somebody will hate it. People will voice their opinions on it, so just beware.

Something like that happened yesterday, and it got out of hand. The OP is gone now. Mainly because he took offense to our criticism and started lashing back at us, thats a big no-no. He's gone now...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 AM
KManZ
Banned

Something like that happened yesterday, and it got out of hand. The OP is gone now. Mainly because he took offense to our criticism and started lashing back at us, thats a big no-no. He's gone now...
Was that the front splitter guy?! I gotta find that thread and see what went down!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:24 AM
VTMustard

Also, when you mod your car, and you post pictures asking for feedback, know that you will get good and bad, no matter WHAT. It could be butt ugly and you'll have people love it, or it could be BEAUTIFUL and somebody will hate it. People will voice their opinions on it, so just beware.

Wow, that dude got banned! Yeah he took everyones criticism too personally, eventually it looked like he started following you (Eric) around the forum insulting when he could!

OP: I posted a link on post# 7, its a Mid-A bio thread, alot of members have already posted! I wish this link would become a sticky!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
zeeroadster

oh, im pretty thick skinned, I find it kind of strange that people would get bent out of shape by what someone says on a car forum.

Ive just rolled my eyes after reading some of those posts

Oh, and to respond to the whats up with the baskin robbins meet...dont get me wrong..I love hooters (and the restaurant too )...im ALWAYS up for meeting there..
Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
nanjingbabe

Welcome to our Z family ^___________^
Old 02-13-2008, 03:26 AM
zeeroadster

thanks

this weather sucks. I hope everyone made it home safe last night from work, or wherever they went..I know there were many accidents, in some parts the roads were sheets of ice.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by zeeroadster
thanks

this weather sucks. I hope everyone made it home safe last night from work, or wherever they went..I know there were many accidents, in some parts the roads were sheets of ice.
I slipped more walking to my beater car than I did driving on the road. But yeah, it was sh1tty out. Today isn't much nicer, except it isn't freezing out The Z looked nice and frosty though!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by KManZ
I slipped more walking to my beater car than I did driving on the road. But yeah, it was sh1tty out. Today isn't much nicer, except it isn't freezing out The Z looked nice and frosty though!
I rolled over at 0500, got up, got coffee, looked outside and saw nothing but ice. Turned on the news and saw Andrews having a 2 hr delay. I immediately texted my supervisor and asked for the day off (good day to start packing) and he said hell yeah, cuz he's not coming in either
Old 03-06-2008, 11:39 AM
hvnly z

Another newb looking to meet with other Z owners. I live about 20 miles west of Manassas, but work near Dulles airport. 54 years old ... no...I'm not a damn member of AARP!!! Harley rider, golfer, oh...and Z driver !!