Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Fast Intentions intimidator/ AAM plenum spacer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 06:20 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by Akabir47
Alright Ill give it 2 cents!

I could stir the pot here, but wont.... wait

yes I will!!

two cents is what I'd pay for a FI exhaust HA HA HAAAA

I brought up weight and looks because thats how I feel, if you feel diffrent buy the exhaust and enjoy bro!!
Old 03-26-2008 | 06:36 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

lol. that was actually kind of funny. in getting an exhaust, i like to go for sound then looks then performance.. becaust granted, 90% of the exhausts wont do that much for u performance wise unless u are FI...

the FI although it sounds okay to me, doesnt look as good as other exhausts.... but i cant say anything about fitment or performance cuz i dont know.
Old 03-26-2008 | 08:20 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
Unless that other person is ALWAYS right of course....
Obviously directed at me, so...ok, quote one thing I posted that isnt correct? And also, to give us an idea of your experience list the systems you have installed on a Z.

droppedit- is still talking about wieght of the FI as a negative and he doesnt even know how much the system weighs
Old 03-26-2008 | 08:25 AM
Gooey

heavier car with better driver > you with lighter car

10-15pounds or whatever wont make much of a difference
Old 03-26-2008 | 08:37 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
Obviously directed at me, so...ok, quote one thing I posted that isnt correct? And also, to give us an idea of your experience list the systems you have installed on a Z.

droppedit- is still talking about wieght of the FI as a negative and he doesnt even know how much the system weighs
My post has nothing to do with exhausts. I've only had 2 different systems. I was just saying that the dude shouldn't tell him his opinion is worthless because he didn't agree with you.
Old 03-26-2008 | 09:04 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Amen! I don't go around doing that in anyones thread, if you hate my car with a passion it doesn't bother me. Do what you want to your own car or you wont be happy.

and congrats if you installed multiple exhausts, some of us don't roll in the dough and only have had one or two setups. I will try to make more money so I can buy and change out more parts for no reason and post about it on here.

common sense tells me that a TD exhaust made from SS is going to be heavier that a single made from SS with can style mufflers rater than the large oval mufflers. I agree with Gooey 100% better driver will make up all the diffrence. These are my opinions, flame away.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 03-26-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2008 | 09:13 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Exhaust are like wheels, put on what you like, power gains within all NA are negligible. My original point was that the FI is not some backyard hack job, and it blew out of proportion like I knew it would. If any of you talk to people that have experience with different systems they would likely agree with what I posted. I could care less if you put on an EBAY special on your cars, just sharing info. Posts like these are worthless to us all....

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
doesn't the FI have three heavy magnaflow mufflers ewwww LOL
And that was written before we had our "discussion." For some reason droppedit has something against FI systems, thats his right, Im no there to change his mind, but dont spread misinformation. Worried about weight? Racing a lot? Yet your car is an auto? Whatever!
Old 03-26-2008 | 09:22 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Exhaust are like wheels, put on what you like, power gains within all NA are negligible. My original point was that the FI is not some backyard hack job, and it blew out of proportion like I knew it would. If any of you talk to people that have experience with different systems they would likely agree with what I posted. I could care less if you put on an EBAY special on your cars, just sharing info. Posts like these are worthless to us all....

And that was written before we had our "discussion." For some reason droppedit has something against FI systems, thats his right, Im no there to change his mind, but dont spread misinformation. Worried about weight? Racing a lot? Yet your car is an auto? Whatever!
ouch! haha
Old 03-26-2008 | 09:26 AM
Akabir47

I could stir the pot here, but wont.... wait

yes I will!!

two cents is what I'd pay for a FI exhaust HA HA HAAAA

I brought up weight and looks because thats how I feel, if you feel diffrent buy the exhaust and enjoy bro!!
Exhaust is already installed and Ive been enjoying the hell out of it. My original question was what the exhaust sounded like with non-res tp's. But that seems to have slipped your attention. And yes it is heavier than my JIC single but who the hell cares. Care to race at the next track day?
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:03 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

I'm going to Cecil County tonight.... I have an '03 you have an '03 lets run'em bro there is never a Z for me to run with up there just hondas & subarus

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 03-26-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:15 AM
Akabir47

I'm going to Cecil County tonight.... I have an '03 you have an '03 lets run'em bro there is never a Z for me to run with up there just hondas & subarus
Cant do it tonight. I have exams tomarrow. How about the track day on the 11th? were is cecil co any way?
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:24 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

In the backwoods, redneck parts of Northeast Maryland, I-95 to exit 100 (past the perryville outlets)

www.cecilcountydragway.com

I am not attending the track day unless I can pay at the gate, so I won't be there more than likely.
Old 03-26-2008 | 11:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

You CAN pay at the gate. Damn your wayyyyy out by DE, IIRC Rising Sun exit is 100 for Cecil.
Old 03-26-2008 | 11:52 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

You CAN pay at the gate. Damn your wayyyyy out by DE, IIRC Rising Sun exit is 100 for Cecil.

sweet, I will have to double check my work schedule. Cecil even seems like a hike for me and I only come from exit 77 off 95 (Bel Air)

If anyone ever wants to roll up, my work is the perfect meeting spot. Theres a gang of places to eat right here and I'm usually off at 5:00 the track is maybe 15min from Aberdeen and it opens at 6:00
Old 03-27-2008 | 07:55 PM
Akabir47

I got my non-res tp's installed at FT today and let me tell you this exhaust sounds like sex comming out of my rear end, almost gave me an eargasim. No rasp at all!
Old 03-28-2008 | 05:36 AM
runz

Worried about weight? Racing a lot? Yet your car is an auto? Whatever!
ouch!