Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

My Altered Atmosphere Z upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:22 AM
ZRuggernDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Altered Atmosphere Z upgrades

So,

When I first joined the boards here I was just looking around and found the AAM website and decided that they had what i wanted to do with my Z, for starters that is.
I sent Jon an email and after some tweaking we came up with a good Stage 1 NA tune for the car. I dropped it off late on Monday evening and picked it up LATE yesterday (ha-ha sorry about that guys, they had to stay a bit past 6pm and then listen to me basically shooting the breeze about suspension systems and blah blah).
What I got installed:
AAM angled plenuim spacer
Strut Headers
High Flow cats
AAM Y Pipe
AAM 3" Single Exhaust
ECU reflash
Nismo Shifter
Nismo radiator cap (lame but whateve)

When I dropped it off I got a tour of the shop and some of the hot cars they have there. Nice setup, friendly staffers, over all a good experience.

Performance wise, HOLY CRAP! When I first bought my Z I was pretty impressed but there was a problem with the powerband shifting between 1st and 2nd and I just thought it was the way it was. Now though, problem solved. Not sure why but the little pause I was feel between the throw is no longer there and my Z is no longer a mild mannered beast, its a beast with a chip on its shoulder. When I go on I-270 headed back to DC I came across a stock STI and I think he was pissed that he couldn't pull away from me....

I admit I was hearing all kinds of degrading things about AAM but the car runs great, butt dyno is happily married to the upgrades with no divorce in sight.

Be seeing the guys at Altered Atmosphere for more to follow in the very near future.

P.S. there was as bit of a mix up about the high flow cats at first but Jon called and made sure its what I wanted, Luckily, I didn't have to bring my pimp powder for factory cats.... Cudos to the taxi service in the Honda 2000 by the way.

-Yes Pics and Youtube Sound Clip to follow today
Old 08-21-2008, 05:23 AM
ZRuggernDC

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
So,

When I first joined the boards here I was just looking around and found the AAM website and decided that they had what i wanted to do with my Z, for starters that is.
I sent Jon an email and after some tweaking we came up with a good Stage 1 NA tune for the car. I dropped it off late on Monday evening and picked it up LATE yesterday (ha-ha sorry about that guys, they had to stay a bit past 6pm and then listen to me basically shooting the breeze about suspension systems and blah blah).
What I got installed:
Strup Headers
High Flow cats
AAM Y Pipe
AAM 3" Single Exhaust
ECU reflash
Nismo Shifter

When I dropped it off I got a tour of the shop and some of the hot cars they have there. Nice setup, friendly staffers, over all a good experience.

Performance wise, HOLY CRAP! When I first bought my Z I was pretty impressed but there was a problem with the powerband shifting between 1st and 2nd and I just thought it was the way it was. Now though, problem solved. Not sure why but the little pause I was feel between the throw is no longer there and my Z is no longer a mild mannered beast, its a beast with a chip on its shoulder. When I go on I-270 headed back to DC I came across a stock STI and I think he was pissed that he couldn't pull away from me....

I admit I was hearing all kinds of degrading things about AAM but the car runs great, butt dyno is happily married to the upgrades with no divorce in sight.

Be seeing the guys at Altered Atmosphere for more to follow in the very near future.

P.S. there was as bit of a mix up about the high flow cats at first but Jon called and made sure its what I wanted, Luckily, I didn't have to bring my pimp powder for factory cats.... Cudos to the taxi service in the Honda 2000 by the way.

Fixed-
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 AM
pchong154

any dyno #'s?

I'm looking for a nice NA reflash too
Old 08-21-2008, 05:51 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Thats pretty good mods but I am guessing the Sti wasn't modded, cuz I have more NA mods than you and a slightly modded sti pulls away no problem.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 AM
r0csfinest

you could of prolly just got turbo
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
mdracer76
Banned

So,

What I got installed:
Strut Headers
High Flow cats
AAM Y Pipe
AAM 3" Single Exhaust
ECU reflash
Nismo Shifter

LOL.. pownd
Old 08-21-2008, 06:53 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as your happy it was money and time well spent

congrats man...I cant believe you live like 2 blocks from me and I never see you....I am always running to Best Buy or Advanced Auto...I hate that new Auto Zone....they suck sweaty Lizard bawlz...lol
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Thats pretty good mods but I am guessing the Sti wasn't modded, cuz I have more NA mods than you and a slightly modded sti pulls away no problem.
I pulled on STIs when I was NA with bolt ons...and I have a G....but maybe the REV UP helped....even slightly moded ones....top end has always been a beast in my car for some reason....maybe the APS Tall Boy Plenum..who knows.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

AAM 3" Single Exhaust
did you get single or dual exhaust?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey buddy, we need to go on another cruise through gtown w/ ur new setup! Hit me up for some suspension goodness for those twisties =)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

Originally Posted by abui01
Hey buddy, we need to go on another cruise through gtown w/ ur new setup! Hit me up for some suspension goodness for those twisties =)

+1 we def need to go out again soon...maybe next week?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
bigslim350Z

+1 flagship sometime?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
+1 flagship sometime?
tomorrow?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by mdracer76
LOL.. pownd
another fell victim
Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
tomorrow?
i'm down. Haven't driven my Z in a while, and it would be good to meet up with some people now that gas prices are coming down. (never thought I would say i was glad to pay $3.78 a gallon)
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

damn you dave im still at 4.01
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by bsurdam
damn you dave im still at 4.01
I'll be happy when it's $2.75 for regular and $3.00 for premium.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

3.63 but yeah i'm down haven't done montgomery county in a while
Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Manassas is at 3.61 for premium.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

im down for a cruise!!! i just finally found the fun spot for my suspension setup..

i have 0 understeer.. and its super hard to oversteer now.... 27clicks front and 24 clicks rear.. love it.

Quick Reply: My Altered Atmosphere Z upgrades