Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Another Mid-Atlantic Rev-Up POS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008 | 12:02 PM
tmounk

Default Another Mid-Atlantic Rev-Up POS

I traded my 03Z for my 07G knowing of the oc. But with less than 3500 miles on the odometer, having one owner and pretty much in new condition, I decided to take my chances.

I changed my oil 5k miles ago and since then I've had to top it off with over 3qts of amsoil within that oil change, at almost $10 a bottle, it's not happening for me. At first I wanted to drive it out, I only have 13k miles.

I have an appointment tomorrow at Chantilly Infinity, I read about Victory Nissan in Chantilly, didn’t hear much about Chantilly of Infinity.

Has anyone had any experience with Infinity of Chantilly??????
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:16 PM
idrive_MD

havent heard anything about them but the test is painless and you'll get a new engine out of it from what it sounds like...the only thing is, they're pretty strict about wanting you to return at 1000-miles, no more no less.
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:29 PM
4SHIZZIL

better not have any mods on your car...if you dont...they will swap it out no problem...and they will push to get a hand built joint from Japan...not the crap that comes out of new mexico mass azz factory...

no mods...not even a spacer, filter, or exhaust...

no mods!

did I say no mods...

stock bro..if you need stock parts let me know...maybe I can help, but I need them back....lol
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:30 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by tmounk
I traded my 03Z for my 07G knowing of the oc. But with less than 3500 miles on the odometer, having one owner and pretty much in new condition, I decided to take my chances.

I changed my oil 5k miles ago and since then I've had to top it off with over 3qts of amsoil within that oil change, at almost $10 a bottle, it's not happening for me. At first I wanted to drive it out, I only have 13k miles.

I have an appointment tomorrow at Chantilly Infinity, I read about Victory Nissan in Chantilly, didn’t hear much about Chantilly of Infinity.

ask for the car maint history report once at the dealer..maybe already documented.
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:31 PM
tmounk

Originally Posted by idrive_MD
havent heard anything about them but the test is painless and you'll get a new engine out of it from what it sounds like...the only thing is, they're pretty strict about wanting you to return at 1000-miles, no more no less.
I've delt with the dealerships in the past with the tranny in my Z, they're nothing more painful than dealing with the dealerships.

I've heard of longblocks being used to replace the oc engines. V1-V2-V3
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:33 PM
tmounk

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
better not have any mods on your car...if you dont...they will swap it out no problem...and they will push to get a hand built joint from Japan...not the crap that comes out of new mexico mass azz factory...

no mods...not even a spacer, filter, or exhaust...

no mods!

did I say no mods...

stock bro..if you need stock parts let me know...maybe I can help, but I need them back....lol
The only thing I put in was the K@N drop in filter, they best not say anything about that.
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:41 PM
4SHIZZIL

The only thing I put in was the K@N drop in filter, they best not say anything about that.
make sure you read the Oil Consumption Thread and follow the steps..

call Infiniti and complain, but be respectful...always talk about the price...refer to how many engines have been changed several times...get a hand built joint..
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:28 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

theres ur problem. amsoil is garbage.
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:49 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.

3 quarts during an oil change is an engine problem, no matter what oil he runs. Let me guess, you got suckered into Motul?

edit, nm you did LOL

Originally Posted by sig
SHIFT_ ドリフトJ&D Motorsports|AAM reflash | National Z Club 2006 PPW. | JWT | INGS +1 | 20% | Kenwood | Nismo | BC Racing | Greddy | progress | Titek | Work | AAM | Falken | AUT eyelids | Stoptech | axxis | goodridge | Motul |

Last edited by Alberto; 09-16-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:59 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by Alberto
3 quarts during an oil change is an engine problem, no matter what oil he runs. Let me guess, you got suckered into Motul?

edit, nm you did LOL

uhh actually no.

1. it was a joke cuz amsoil sucks i know for a fact any oil put in there will do the same if there is a OC prob,

2. i use motul brake fluid

3. i make decisions on my car.. i dont pay shops to do any kind of ******** for me.

4. i use mobil 1 and only mobil 1.

so u pretty much suck at making assumptions. so yea.. leave it up to the almighty alberto to start **** in a thread over the stupidest jokes. its called poking fun homie.... lighten up.

edit: what do u have against me to try to call me out like this too? stop being a e-dick.

Last edited by .steeeeZ33.; 09-16-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2008 | 08:19 PM
spddmn124

^^^^
mobile 1, FTMFGDW!!!
Old 09-16-2008 | 08:29 PM
jeffie7

uhh actually no.

1. it was a joke cuz amsoil sucks i know for a fact any oil put in there will do the same if there is a OC prob,

2. i use motul brake fluid

3. i make decisions on my car.. i dont pay shops to do any kind of ******** for me.

4. i use mobil 1 and only mobil 1.

so u pretty much suck at making assumptions. so yea.. leave it up to the almighty alberto to start **** in a thread over the stupidest jokes. its called poking fun homie.... lighten up.

edit: what do u have against me to try to call me out like this too? stop being a e-dick.
I didn't think that he came across all that bad, made a joke that almost any one else would have made, even myself.

anywho, I could care less if you ran an after market filter, or exhaust, or even a spacer, Nissan might try to turn down your warranty work by saying that you modded it, but, by law they have to PROVE what you did caused the problem. I'd love to see their reason as to why an intake or exhaust would cause 3 quarts of oil to burn up.
Old 09-16-2008 | 08:31 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I didn't think that he came across all that bad, made a joke that almost any one else would have made, even myself.

anywho, I could care less if you ran an after market filter, or exhaust, or even a spacer, Nissan might try to turn down your warranty work by saying that you modded it, but, by law they have to PROVE what you did caused the problem. I'd love to see their reason as to why an intake or exhaust would cause 3 quarts of oil to burn up.
if it was anyone else it wouldnt have bothered me.. but not knowing me and judging that quickly acting like he is so much better than everyone all the time, well that is what pisses me off.. its a horrible characteristic to have in a person.
Old 09-16-2008 | 08:53 PM
jeffie7

if it was anyone else it wouldnt have bothered me.. but not knowing me and judging that quickly acting like he is so much better than everyone all the time, well that is what pisses me off.. its a horrible characteristic to have in a person.
I know Alberto in person, he's clearly better then me, however, not sure about everyone else.

P.S you should have stuck with your 03. my 03 is still running strong.
Old 09-17-2008 | 07:26 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by spddmn124
^^^^
mobile 1, FTMFGDW!!!

Amsoil is the best performing oil in the VQ engine...

Mobile sucks *****...10/30

Motul sucks sweety sticky pig and camel ***** (left side only)

Read this and weep! https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...ysis-info.html

1. Amsoil
2. Pensoil Patinum
3. Mobile 0/40 only

I rand Mobile full syn 10/30 and my motor went BOMB...search for a thread called NA go Boomb...

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 09-17-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-17-2008 | 07:45 AM
tmounk

How did this become a oil thread :-)
How did this turn so ugly, I just wanted peoples input on OC and Chantilly Infinity.

Anyways, I dropped the car off this morning and he went through the steps for this test.

- Bring it back every 1000 miles and check the dip stick. I asked how that's going to work, because I usually leave the car parked overnight for more than 8 hours to have the oil settle before checking the dip stick.

He said they'll leave the car parked for 15 minutes and check the dip stick. I didn't want to start something about that so early with him, but I don't think 15 minutes or anything less than an hour is sufficient to check the dip stick level.

They gave me a G35x for loaner, I think it's the 07 or up, very impressive performance. Feels very tight, not loose and heavy like my 07. It's an auto and in sport mode, very rough sifts, but very fast. I'll be in the market at the end of the year for a new car for my wife and being AWD, and being a G, I'd have to put it on the list for possibilities. But the exterior is not too appealing to me.
Old 09-17-2008 | 07:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thats how most threads are in the Mid A...everyone has an opinion...even me..lol

I had a good experince with IOC and they hooked me up with a hand built engine...read that massive thread on oil consumption in the engine sticky section...and you will be fine.
Old 09-17-2008 | 08:41 AM
tmounk

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Thats how most threads are in the Mid A...everyone has an opinion...even me..lol

I had a good experince with IOC and they hooked me up with a hand built engine...read that massive thread on oil consumption in the engine sticky section...and you will be fine.
How do you know if you have a handbuilt engine?
Old 09-17-2008 | 08:52 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

How do you know if you have a handbuilt engine?
check for fingerprints, they should be all over the motor
Old 09-17-2008 | 09:01 AM
350Ricky
I like Rice

I ran Mobile full syn for over 30k miles now, and I never had any problems. Nor did I ever have Oil Consumption problems either(knock on wood) and hopefully never will.

Quick Reply: Another Mid-Atlantic Rev-Up POS