Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Harassed by Cops!! For front plate??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
LiveWire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you did the right thing...you dont question what they say no matter how rude they are.

But I would take it to court, and explain the whole ordeal to the judge...explain what happened and how you felt it was completely uncalled for.

I have had cops do this to me, and I have put them to shame in court in front of a full house of people. But never, have I questioned there orders when they pull me over. Don't give them an excuse to harass you even more when they are in control. In the court house, they aren't *****.

Been harassed because of my mods four times by cops, and every time taken to court, left with a reduced fee and making the cop into a mockery.

Never doubt your rights....just be smart enough to when to implement them.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Shizzmaster2k

First of all, they had no probable cause to search you or your vehicle and you should have asked for their badge numbers immediately. By law, they are required to give you that information. I know it sucks but I did my research and my friend's father is a cop so I asked him numerous questions when I was harassed about my 350z and G35 coupe. It got so bad that they didn't ask for my license and registration anymore. They asked me' Is this your car'? Nah mother****er, I just drive this **** around for gp! LOL!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
tribal_visionz

was this in manassas?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by LiveWire
I think you did the right thing...you dont question what they say no matter how rude they are.
Why?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiveWire

But I would take it to court, and explain the whole ordeal to the judge...explain what happened and how you felt it was completely uncalled for.

I have had cops do this to me, and I have put them to shame in court in front of a full house of people. But never, have I questioned there orders when they pull me over. Don't give them an excuse to harass you even more when they are in control. In the court house, they aren't *****.

Been harassed because of my mods four times by cops, and every time taken to court, left with a reduced fee and making the cop into a mockery.

Never doubt your rights....just be smart enough to when to implement them.
Canadian cops are the same way?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Jgrizzle

Step out of the car eh. Do you know how fast you were going eh
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by abui01
Watch both parts and during your next stop, you'll know exactly what to do and how to respond to their threats. In theory, they're just trying to sound like the boss, but you also have your own rights and options on how to handle the situation:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3sSBlh9lNI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pll2...eature=related
Wow, great videos!! I really wonder if I could get away with locking my door when stepping out of the car like that guy did. Not that I don't have anything to hide, but I just don't want my car searched for no good reason (it's happened to me before)
That seems like a good idea...I just wonder what the officer will say when he sees me lock my doors