Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

How to voice negativity about a forum sponor

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Question How to voice negativity about a forum sponsor

THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSED ONLY, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SILLY REPLIES OUT OF HERE. THIS SHOULD BECOME STICKY ON HOW TO FILE-POST-THREAD- A NEGATIVE COMPLAINT ABOUT A SITE SPONSOR.

How does one voice a negative experience about a forum sponsor with confidence that it will not get deleted or closed?

Please site specific references or give examples of violations so that we are ALL educated on the process of expressing a negative issue with a sponsors.

If we have something negative to communicate to the user community, please explain to us how we should go about those issues, without getting the thread closed?

Also guide us to the section in our user agreement, when we join the site, where we can or can not say bad things about sponsors. I joined many moons ago so what I read back then.... I can not recall. (getting old)

Is there a place to find out this information and if this information is ever changed (if it exist), was there a massive notification that went to all of us?
Like if my bank changes the rules of thier site, I get a letter in the mail or an email. This site could PM us by region (so you dont kind the servers) when changes are made?

I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to understand the rules and I think many of the new guys should know this information as well.

Seriously and Respectfully,

Corey L aka GZILLA

PS I only leave my local MID A section to buy car parts, so I am not very familiar with other sections that could already exist that has this information.

Please advise.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why all the negativity in the Mid-A section? I mean, the weather seems to suck here but at least in Florida, everyone is happy.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM
4SHIZZIL

Jermey I had a post written up for the last thread that was actually defending you all. I dont hate...lol I just want to know the rules... and I think something like this should be sticky... I think there are some gaps in the process. I have dirt on many shops. I dont feel the need to post the bad. This is not aimed at you man or the shop. I have had bad experiences with many site vendors. I dont post up them if they are site sponsors...mostly in fear of getting banned.

(never bite off the hand that feeds you right?)

Ask Mike about me, I play things cool. I could very well need AAM tomorrow. This is not an attack on you all.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 04-20-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

I completely understand but why dwell on the negative side of things?

Why not start a thread saying how to represent a shop that you are happy with in this thread?

I usually stand on the positive side of reality, but thats just me.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
I completely understand but why dwell on the negative side of things?

Why not start a thread saying how to represent a shop that you are happy with in this thread?

I usually stand on the positive side of reality, but thats just me.
Because there're already tons of those and it's not a "issue" when it comes to expressing support to a shop. But apparently it had been an on going issue when expressing negative comments.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

I don't particularly care too much about which thread gets closed/deleted. The one that really ticked me off was the thread/poll about Mid-A shops review that used to be a sticky for months. All the sudden it got closed for some bogus reason (wait no reason was ever disclosed by mods). Now you can't help but to wonder if the result of that poll had something to do with the thread getting close? I'm just speaking out my mind honestly here. I personally thought that poll was one of the best idea ever. No one had to bash on any shop they don't like. Instead we just voted for the shop that we had good experience with. Hmm... I still don't get it.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Jgrizzle

As a new comer/newbie I wish there was place to get positive AND negative reviews of shops. I try never to believe what I hear in the forums etc. But when dealing with the amounts of money that people are putting into their builds the shops should be held to a very high standard.

I do however think business should be conducted face to face and not over PM etc. When ALL possibilities have been exhausted there should be a place to put threads talking about negative experiences.

I have been watching this go on all day and just wanted to put my Newb .02 in. Which is probably worth a peso with the newb exchange rate.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by bb1314
Because there're already tons of those and it's not a "issue" when it comes to expressing support to a shop. But apparently it had been an on going issue when expressing negative comments.

agreed....

I bought some stuff from a sponsor and was not happy. I so wanted to bash them and let others know about it, but I chickened out of making a thread, because I was hosting a Car-B-Q and didnt want to get banned, then I just didnt care after that point, but others could of been saved if I could of posted it.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
As a new comer/newbie I wish there was place to get positive AND negative reviews of shops. I try never to believe what I hear in the forums etc. But when dealing with the amounts of money that people are putting into their builds the shops should be held to a very high standard.

I do however think business should be conducted face to face and not over PM etc. When ALL possibilities have been exhausted there should be a place to put threads talking about negative experiences.

I have been watching this go on all day and just wanted to put my Newb .02 in. Which is probably worth a peso with the newb exchange rate.
best newb post I have ever read

+1
Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check my signature on how vendors are handled.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
The difference is... Rickdogg does not get banned!

On a serious note, I'm wondering if regions other than Mid-A are having similiar issue. Any negative threads toward vendors posted in the Mid-A sub forum seems to be heavily monitored.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
PLEASE KEEP YOUR SILLY REPLIES OUT OF HERE..
When you start getting silly replies that end up sparking a flame war I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to get locked deleted. Also starting a "bash" thread is likely going to get the thread in trouble.

In my opinion locking != deleting. Threads get locked, sometimes at the request of the OP, but they are still there. Anyone who searches can find them.

My recommendation? Post it up, and ask to have it locked! That way the silly replies like "they blew up my friends blah blah" don't end up getting the thread derailed and/or deleted. If you have an update, unlock it, update it. Keep the thread to the point, and prevent the childish nonsense from insuing.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I posted up on your charity event...please reply with info to donate
Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
thefireboy

i find this thread very informative. and what bothers me is that certain garages "Hill's Garage" cant even be mentioned in thread about a person's engine build and turbo install. when there is positive things about them the name cant even be mentioned... and also no answers for that was even giving when any other site myG37, ***********, <- this is G 350 Z Driver . com, cant even be mentioned in this site, that is BS
g35driver. etc will allow the entire shops information allowed in a Sig. but the MODS here bann people for doing that, mods here also bann people for speaking their mind letting people know the real truth.....BS... the shops that are sponsors for this forum need to realize that there are better shops out there then they are, and the good and bad about any shop should be allowed for the knowledge of those individuals that are getting ready to start a project.. so they can choose a shop that, that individual feels safe using and trusts...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I posted up on your charity event...please reply with info to donate
Thank you so much! I will add it to the total when we accumulate all of the donations and give the family one lump sum. I'm hoping that we can alleviate some of their financial woes during their trying times.

Pm replied
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Originally Posted by thefireboy
i find this thread very informative. and what bothers me is that certain garages "Hill's Garage" cant even be mentioned in thread about a person's engine build and turbo install. when there is positive things about them the name cant even be mentioned... and also no answers for that was even giving when any other site myG37, ***********, <- this is G 350 Z Driver . com, cant even be mentioned in this site, that is BS
g35driver. etc will allow the entire shops information allowed in a Sig. but the MODS here bann people for doing that, mods here also bann people for speaking their mind letting people know the real truth.....BS... the shops that are sponsors for this forum need to realize that there are better shops out there then they are, and the good and bad about any shop should be allowed for the knowledge of those individuals that are getting ready to start a project.. so they can choose a shop that, that individual feels safe using and trusts...
Agreed. Well said.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Come on! You all know what sponsors are and how they do not want to get bashed by forum users because they might loose possible customers.

But the guilty party here are really the actual shops.

I have my own construction company and I know that customers are just plain dumb sometimes. But even there, I take my time to fix the problems they have even if there is no way it can be properly solved how they want it to be.

If shops get bad comments in these forums is because they deserve them most of the times...
They ignore customer problems and complaints for months just waiting for the issue to disappear, and when the customer comes to the community just to explain his experience, the problem becomes "a minor issue that can be easily fixed". (Getting the topic removed or closed)

If this issues are so small.... why take months and a public topic to answer?

I always read topics about how great some shops are, but the same way, some other topics say how miserable the OP life has become.

Life has ups and downs. And if some shops want to only have praise posts, they should work on it!!!

I work on referrals for my company, and it takes A LOT of me to please the customer so he can refer me.
It is absolutely dumb to think that it is fair to go to a Mod and cry to get a post closed or a guy banned because they are paying money.

I understand. Really. We are "free" users and they pay money. So who will you drop?
I thank the opportunity to express my honest opinion. But it is a shame that sometimes I might get cut just because somebody did not want to do his job right and doesn't like to be exposed for what they might really be.

PS: D&V Autobody is a great place and did quite a nice job cleaning the fire damage on my Z.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM
thefireboy

^^^^ could not agree with you more..
Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

not mentioning any names but only threads about a certain shop get closed/locked. i have seen a thread about another mid-a shop that made a mistake and it stayed open for quite some time. and that shop came on here took full responsibility in minimal time and fixed the problem. which not every shop tends to do, seemingly waiting it out not following up with customers if anything might be wrong. as pertaining to hills garage i can only imagine why they are not allowed to be mentioned. aside from that there has to be a single thread or section we can make up to share good/bad experiences. cause we were all there at one point and needed some kind of advice as to previous experiences with various shops. I personally took my car to a shop based on n/a mods that they did for me and did a good job. but then i took it to them for f/i mods. then it cost me thousands of extra dollars to fix. its a forum we should be able to express our experiences and concerns to others to help prevent future mistakes. I wish there was a experiences thread when i went through it.

Most of the negative threads in here arent intended to bash anyone its more to share their experiences. also it helps provide feedback to the shop. if theres something that continually comes up and seems to be a reoccurring thing that maybe the shop should look into it and change some things in order to prevent future problems.

Last edited by bsurdam; 04-20-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 PM
thefireboy

i just made another poll for the MID-A Shops.. post up good or bad

Quick Reply: How to voice negativity about a forum sponor