Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which MID-A Shop do you Preffer
Function tuned
37.61%
Hill's Garage
10.26%
Elite Performance
12.82%
Ptuning
4.27%
PF Super cars
5.13%
DIY
15.38%
AAM
41.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:59 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
You mean defend itself? What's so wrong with them AAM defending themselves from bashing and unfounded comments? Part of the problem is they didn't do enough of it in the past until Clint and Jeremy stepped their game up...
No where did I mention AAM..???
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

this thread just needs to be closed. Its going no where and it was worthless anyways. If a shop made a mistake then ok oh well as long as they will fix it then whats the big deal. And saying FT has NEVER blown a motor thats pretty GODLY!!!! BTW wheres the thread from the highest HP Z/G or fastest drag time etc...... Yeah i didnt find one either. Just close this thread or ill make AAMs numbers go up on the poll like FT did and have all my friends that dont even own Zs sign up and vote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
locals only thread

Mid-Atlantic Region is considered:

Delaware
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Virginia
West Virginia
Washington, DC

Merely for clarification purposes.
Poll not going the way you want? Changing the rules after the fact might be a good way to go... Of course it makes you motives obvious and you look a little cheesy... But, go for it...

Keep up the good work, JT...

Old 04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

IMO I would go to a shop that will take car of me and know that the people there will take the time to help me out no matter what time it maybe.. As far as the Mid A I would go to AAM Because Jeremy works there and he would be the only one touching my car. Jeremy help me out a when I need tech support, so again if it came down to A Mid A shop I would take it to Jeremy.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 AM
lek at ngc

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
this thread just needs to be closed. Its going no where and it was worthless anyways. If a shop made a mistake then ok oh well as long as they will fix it then whats the big deal. And saying FT has NEVER blown a motor thats pretty GODLY!!!! BTW wheres the thread from the highest HP Z/G or fastest drag time etc...... Yeah i didnt find one either. Just close this thread or ill make AAMs numbers go up on the poll like FT did and have all my friends that dont even own Zs sign up and vote
lol wtf? how's the economy in nc going?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 AM
lek at ngc

so is Jeremy from NC is that why all these NC people are in this thread?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Because when i had my shop in Florida, all of my customers came from CN, VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, NJ, LA, TN, and of course FL.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Jgrizzle

No wonder these polls get shut down and none of us can ever tell what shop to take our cars too. Poll should be a single vote and ONE comment per vote. With no arguing post to post. You make a vote say why you like the shop you voted for and why what they have done to your car. and politely why you dont like another shop... and again i think you should have to include the parts/problem. End of story. I dunno. Too bad you cant restrict threads to one post per person.

Last edited by Jgrizzle; 04-22-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Jeremy Tibbs FTMFGDW. Sucks when a great tuner has an awesome following and screws polls up

Chris
Old 04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Jeremy Tibbs FTMFGDW. Sucks when a great tuner has an awesome following and screws polls up

Chris
I really dont think this poll is who likes Jeremy or not did I miss something?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Actually it is if you think of it, i work at AAM as the Service/Shop Manager. AAM is in the Mid-A. So it is relevant.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Jgrizzle

Ok cool. Thanks for clearing it up. It just seems that people voting for AAM (especially the non-mid A guys) are voting for you and your past/present accomplishments. Which speaks highly for your work. I think wherever YOU ended up would have that additional support. I was just saying its a total shop poll, not just a tuner poll.

Sorry if I was misunderstood/I dont understand. I should probably stay out of this.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Because when i had my shop in Florida, all of my customers came from CN, VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, NJ, LA, TN, and of course FL.
And how many of those customers have came to visit you/got service done when you started working @ AAM? Just out of curiosity.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Driven1
Professional

This thread and poll just became pointless.

Pointless comments, pointless votes. I think the whole purpose and original intent was missed.

I'd take my car to Jeremy too....but he DOESN'T own a shop anymore and he's at a shop who's owner's practices I don't agree with...simple as that.

I don't understand why this becomes a shop vs shop thread.

Vote once and say why you did....period....

People are having random friends vote....just because? How old are we?

AAMstinks? I voted for AAM? stevienixx? Shall I keep going as the list keeps going?

Classy guys...Classy.

Last edited by Driven1; 04-22-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Honestly, a lot of them have. I have had people drive all the way down from NJ, DE, CN just to meet me. The dyno day was a huge success and i got to meet a lot of people. Its much easier because i am a lot closer to everyone up here now and they dont have to travel across 5-10 states and past 5 or 6 major shops on the way.

Honestly, i would say that i have personally spoke to every person on the poll for something or some form of communication since i have been here.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
No wonder these polls get shut down and none of us can ever tell what shop to take our cars too. Poll should be a single vote and ONE comment per vote. With no arguing post to post. You make a vote say why you like the shop you voted for and why what they have done to your car. and politely why you dont like another shop... and again i think you should have to include the parts/problem. End of story. I dunno. Too bad you cant restrict threads to one post per person.
You can tell what shop to take your car to by reading the posts. They are more important than the actual poll votes, IMO.

This thread basically has two groups of people... People that have a vendetta against AAM from years ago that have never met Jeremy Tibbs or his new staff... and People from all over the south eastern United States that have had engines built and cars tuned by Jeremy Tibbs that are very happy with his work.

Take your pick.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by __jb
You can tell what shop to take your car to by reading the posts. They are more important than the actual poll votes, IMO.

This thread basically has two groups of people... People that have a vendetta against AAM from years ago that have never met Jeremy Tibbs or his new staff... and People from all over the south eastern United States that have had engines built and cars tuned by Jeremy Tibbs that are very happy with his work.

Take your pick.
Maybe you should learn to read better.

It's pretty apparant to me.....EVERYONE likes JT AND the rest of the staff.

It's the owner they have an issue with....and who's gonna win when making a business decision?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

The thing is, Mike is hiring very qualified people to TAKE over so he doesnt have to be here much at all. He is giving these very qualified people full reign to do whatever they would like to do.

We are using this power to make sure everyone is happy and only top notch products come out of our shop.

Now the issue i have is all the nonsense past hatred that keeps getting brought up by a certain handful of people.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
The thing is, Mike is hiring very qualified people to TAKE over so he doesnt have to be here much at all. He is giving these very qualified people full reign to do whatever they would like to do.

We are using this power to make sure everyone is happy and only top notch products come out of our shop.

Now the issue i have is all the nonsense past hatred that keeps getting brought up by a certain handful of people.
Jeremy...he's been doing this "hiring" since 1996. FYI

And with ALL YOUR NEW POWER you couldn't answer back a PM for 30+days on a reflash?

with all this new power you should volunteer your or Clints name to go on the BBB reports....instead of another shop owner's AND forum sponsor that hasn't been affiliated for 3+ yrs.......

You'd have quite a bit of hatred too if you know people getting treated poorly and taken advantage of for 10+ years and get away with it.

Last edited by Driven1; 04-22-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can speak to my experience with AAM was not a positive one for the most part (with the exception of Dave Shiroma). But since Jeremy has been there I can speak to the fact that I would go to Jeremy wherever he was working and have work done with confidence it was being done correctly and competently so my vote goes to AAM!

Quick Reply: SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer