Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:39 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Any of you guys getting that H1N1 flu shot? They're offering it for free at my job, but then I heard about this chick [Redskins Cheerleader] that took it and now she's in a wheel chair and having epileptic seizures.

And +1 on the crappy weather. Poor Z hasn't seen the streets in a couple days.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:41 AM
AmorZ_Fati

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by woodrow88
rainbows=kyle

Kyle iz dat you?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 AM
AmorZ_Fati

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Any of you guys getting that H1N1 flu shot? They're offering it for free at my job, but then I heard about this chick [Redskins Cheerleader] that took it and now she's in a wheel chair and having epileptic seizures.

yea my girl just got it and now shes f*cked up...she cant sleep,headache, just in a bucket full of sh*t...ive been hearing the shot is doing more damage then good
Old 10-15-2009, 05:45 AM
AmorZ_Fati

my buddy just sent me this....RIP
Old 10-15-2009, 05:48 AM
woodrow88

ill prob get it lol we should get ours very soon....we just got the regular flu shot..
Old 10-15-2009, 05:57 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If everyone else gets all the flushots, then I won't have to! Right?..... A lot of places don't have any flu shots right now because it's on a manufacturers back order. I work at a health facility and we've been dry of shots for like 3 weeks now. I guess CDC didn't expect THAT many people to be going out and getting the shot.

H1N1 is just a strain of influenza A, guys. So it's really no different, just a lot more contagious. They treat the symptoms for H1N1 the same as regular flu, so you might as well just try and stay clean and wash your hands, and you'll be fine with the regular flushot.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 AM
woodrow88

so is it worth getting the H1N1 paul wall?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:16 AM
WYZIWYG

^^ After being in the military for a while, I'm wary of getting injected with anything other than tetanus. I don't think I've ever even had a flu shot and after hearing some bad things about H1N1 I may just stick to old fashioned soap, water and giving the face to people on Metro who don't cover thier damned mouths.

BTW, who's silver Z is that all smashed up?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Jgrizzle

Doubtful it was caused by vaccine. As long as you arent alergic to eggs you will be fine. Ridiculous sotries like this make me laugh

Originally Posted by AmorZ_Fati
yea my girl just got it and now shes f*cked up...she cant sleep,headache, just in a bucket full of sh*t...ive been hearing the shot is doing more damage then good
Again that is untrue. It will not do more harm than good. The vaccine is made the same way the "common" flu vaccine is made, which has had no direct links to making people sick. The viruses are very similiar so the vaccine was easly made. Thats why it came out so quick.

ill prob get it lol we should get ours very soon....we just got the regular flu shot..
Young (or those in contact with infants), Old, Pregnant, Immune defficient (sick or have higher potential to be sick) will receive the vaccine first, followed by health care pros.

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
If everyone else gets all the flushots, then I won't have to! Right?..... A lot of places don't have any flu shots right now because it's on a manufacturers back order. I work at a health facility and we've been dry of shots for like 3 weeks now. I guess CDC didn't expect THAT many people to be going out and getting the shot.

H1N1 is just a strain of influenza A, guys. So it's really no different, just a lot more contagious. They treat the symptoms for H1N1 the same as regular flu, so you might as well just try and stay clean and wash your hands, and you'll be fine with the regular flushot.
You wont be fine with the regular flu shot, although getting the vaccine combined with increased hand washing/staying out of potential hot spots (hospitals, daycares, around jackass school kids who are snot magnets) will decrease your chances of getting the flu.

It seems everyone loves a conspiracy when this stuff comes out. Flus and things like H1N1 are really good for the CDC to test their capabilities and response. This could be why it has been blown way out of proportion. Go get the vaccine. You already paid for it so might as well get it. Its not going to put you in a wheel chair or blind you.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Jgrizzle

^^ After being in the military for a while, I'm wary of getting injected with anything other than tetanus. I don't think I've ever even had a flu shot and after hearing some bad things about H1N1 I may just stick to old fashioned soap, water and giving the face to people on Metro who don't cover thier damned mouths.

BTW, who's silver Z is that all smashed up?
The military thing is a whole different story. You have no rights in the military. They can give you whatever crazy thing they can think of. Malaria vaccine is a lot different than flu vaccine. You could potentially get more dangerous stuff in the military.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Chen

She got the regular flu shot. she had a severe reaction to it.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 AM
woodrow88

jdawg we have a date we are getting them here at work..
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
WYZIWYG

Grizz,

If I get vaccinated and wind up in a wheel chair will you and Mrs. Grizz adopt me and my Z? We don't eat much and one of us only requires a regular cleaning and waxing [you can just store the Z in your garage].
Old 10-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Jgrizzle

jdawg we have a date we are getting them here at work..
Nice.

and about the cheerleader thing, People have severe reactions to medications all the time. Stephens Johnson syndrome is a prime example. You could be taking regualr medication and then one day for whatever reason you have a reaction to it. Your dermal layers start to separate and you get the equivalent of second degree burns all over your body. these things are very rare. You have more of a chance of dying driving your Z in the rain than getting hurt by a vaccine. Without the vaccine however you will get sick and there have been cases of the healthy becomming hospitalized by the flu.....

I will take my chances driving slow and getting the vaccine.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Jgrizzle

Grizz,

If I get vaccinated and wind up in a wheel chair will you and Mrs. Grizz adopt me and my Z? We don't eat much and one of us only requires a regular cleaning and waxing [you can just store the Z in your garage].
Clay ive seen you.... You would have to eat a lot to have biceps the diameter of Barneys wheels.

But yes, we will adopt you.

(oh man my GF is going to be pissed if you get f*cked by the vaccination)
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF?!?!? I just got an insurance quote for $325 a month!!!!

is this typical?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Chen

For how many cars?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chen
For how many cars?
+1

more details.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

2 cars.

Me, 31 years old '07 Nismo Z. Clean record
Wife, 24 years old '06 Altima, one speeding ticket in '06, one claim ~$4k in march
Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

We're staying in St. Leonard, MD work in Lusby, MD

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread