Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Air VS Price

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 PM
djwatts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj Xyanyde
Get an exhaust. One of those baller style ones. Oh, btw, you are in my new youtube video djwatts. You can hear your take off up at skyline. Now if you had an exhaust, it would be twice as awesome.

Or you can get high flow cats...
My cats used to be like meow... Now they are like MEOWWWWW
hahaha, I saw the video man it came out nice, some more footage of the drive would have been a lil better, but overall A+
and yes I need exhaust as well hopefully my checks start piling up and I can afford it soon
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by superchargedg
It was the fugita(spelling)
Yeah those fujitas are short rams and they suck a$$. I had them and took them off less than 2 months later. The injens have actually posted some nice gains with a tune since they apparently relocate the filters down in front of the radiator. I doubt a full 15 hp will be had without a tune but they have proven to make power for a few members so far. If you only are looking to go fast and dont have enough to get FI, 4.083 gears, or exhaust, I guess it isnt as bad a mod as previous CAIs were for the DEs.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Does not compute.

For an HR, there is NO WAY that there was a 15 hp gain with an intake only (unless there was something wrong with the stock intakes). People have spent thousands of dollars (up to but not including FI) who have not gained 15 hp at the wheels.
I personally gained over 30 to the wheels between K+N filters, exhaust, test pipes, and a tune. The HRs actually have pretty good bang for your buck regarding mods.(the right ones anyway)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
djwatts

nice man that's a really good number to get, whats the max hp to the wheels?
Ill look into the stuff you purchased to give me an idea of what to go with, did you get all the parts installed at the same time?
also you k&n filters cost u about 120 right?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by djwatts
nice man that's a really good number to get, whats the max hp to the wheels?
Ill look into the stuff you purchased to give me an idea of what to go with, did you get all the parts installed at the same time?
also you k&n filters cost u about 120 right?
I did everything in phases well over a year ago so I cant remember how much everything costs. I am guessing around 100 for the filters, 700 for the flash, 400 for the exhaust and test pipes(Thanks Meeko!) With my current setup I have seen anywhere from 283-291 on a dynojet and like 293 on Daves DynoDynamics(Correction Factor was off). I dont really care much about the hp numbers but I know that the car has really performed well at the track and the drag strip so I am pleased considering how much I've spent. If they could fix this effin clutch/slave issue I would have zero complaints about the car.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 AM
djwatts

Wow man, that's a very good price on the test/exhaust, so with those mods you hit 13.2? I was getting 13.9 man I want to do a little modding before I go back though, where in Baltimore are you?
Also what issue on the clutch, besides the loud *** rattling from the throw out bearing
Old 07-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Buy my cat back fool
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by djwatts
Wow man, that's a very good price on the test/exhaust, so with those mods you hit 13.2? I was getting 13.9 man I want to do a little modding before I go back though, where in Baltimore are you?
Also what issue on the clutch, besides the loud *** rattling from the throw out bearing
Yeah, that was my best so far. I am positive it will run 12.9 or 12.8 but when Bert let me run on his slicks last time the clutch wouldnt hold any high RPM launches. My advice would be to practice as much as possible and improve the driver mod because after the tune the car is a little touchy to drive given the change in throttle response coupled with the shytty slave cylinder/clutch issue. Plus stock the car can pull 13.5 with an average driver. Even lower with a really good driver. The clutch slave cylinder is internal now and has a recall out which I got done but it still sucks *** for hard driving. Very tempermental.