Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Z Community Image Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E10 you sleep with random girls?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
for shame!

im lookin for the pic of my other bumper that etan had wrote ETAN on. AHHA
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bb1314
I remember meeting Anh, Umar, Zain, Dave Shiroma, etc at the time and felt a little strange at first since I was the new guy.
I remember in 05' you bought those WORK wheels at retail

Originally Posted by vtchang
I think I've touched more EJ20 and EJ257 blocks than the VQ... how sad is that.
EJ257 > VQ, I don't blame you

Last edited by abui01; 11-18-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:26 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

Originally Posted by abui01
i remember in 05' you bought those work wheels at retail

Ej257 > vq, i don't blame you
k20a > ej>vq
Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
That was an analogy

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
To my defense I was hung over okay!?

I remember in 05' you bought those WORK wheels at retail
Oh gosh.. don't even remind me! Hey but at least I was like the first with those Meiser S1 on the Z in Mid-A. I remember someone already had those on the G but I was the first with those on the Z!

k20a > ej>vq
2JZ > all

Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Jgrizzle

for shame!

I have it some where. Let me know if you want it
Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Jgrizzle

Ethan you have a pm brother
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
lek at ngc

Good point about the "click" thing. I'm not gonna lie even back in like 2005 when I just joined the scene I had that feeling for a little bit. I remember meeting Anh, Umar, Zain, Dave Shiroma, etc at the time and felt a little strange at first since I was the new guy. It didn't take too much for us to realize we're all ricers and have a whole lot in common. That initial awkward feeling is always gonna be there. It's like taking a new job. You're always super extra awkwardly polite to your co-workers the first few weeks. Then once you know each other you're eating lunch together and talking about the random girl you slept with last weekend.
I'd like to comment on this as well.... back in 2005 when NGC was founded and Capitol G/Z Club was trying to pop off I met Juan, Ben, and a couple others who always hung out at Ben's place. They were welcoming and didn't make you feel like you didn't belong. In fact they made me felt welcomed and asked me to come to their parties/happy hours or whatever and encouraged interaction. What happened to that breed of z drivers? Kelly Kcobean who used to be on here was always helpful and I even have his Z springs on my car. You need more people like that in the Z community and to try and aim towards that. The Cap Z/G Club meet that I went to in 2005 was huge and no one felt like they didn't belong. The Z/G rivalry was apparent but still no one was ignoring each other.

In past meets when I attended the Capitol G Club meets with Stanton I felt welcomed and was able to hold lengthy conversations with members. At that meet we did a cruise to W.VA and I think the Z club... not sure what they're called but its the big Z club that has like all the vintage Z's as well they participated and didn't make you feel unwelcome. I may have to agree that it's the members age that drives interaction. I notice that young members in NGC may be a bit more shy to talk then others. I have more older members always approach me at meets and strike up a conversation. I try my best to make rounds and try to meet new people as well as say whats up to the regulars. I may not be able to sit there and talk to you the whole time because I'm obligated to mingle but I will not and try not to make anyone feel unwelcome whether they drive a Z or G. I remember 2 years ago at the F/T meet I approached a group of Z guys and was like hey guys come over we're getting everyone together. Their response was why? I was a bit taken back and just ignored their stupid response. I could have asked them to leave but chose to take the high road. I informed them that we're going to do the raffle and give out prizes and they eagerly joined.

Those are just my observations.

We already know how NGC is.. it's not a car club ... we're a family. And you can call me daddy LOL jk
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
bigcloud

I just hope that the NZC can be a successful organization that welcomes new members with a sense of warmth, and is involved in the community. We do not want a noob mid 20's early 30's man/woman join the club only to be shunned by the the OG's or treated like their car is nothing since it doesn't have twins and a built motor. A Z33 is a Z33...everyone buys them for different reasons, and we should welcome ALL that share a sliver of the passion for the 350z.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
lek at ngc

Originally Posted by bigcloud
I just hope that the NZC can be a successful organization that welcomes new members with a sense of warmth, and is involved in the community. We do not want a noob mid 20's early 30's man/woman join the club only to be shunned by the the OG's or treated like their car is nothing since it doesn't have twins and a built motor. A Z33 is a Z33...everyone buys them for different reasons, and we should welcome ALL that share a sliver of the passion for the 350z.
+1. . . .
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 AM
C5_vette

The best thing you guys can do is try and make a solid club that makes people feel welcome, and hosts regular meets/get togethers... imo it will be impossible to try and refute the overall repuation that z owners have, as the price continues to drop and non enthusiasts/ricers etc pick them up....

the image you can change however is the one that other car clubs and enthusiasts have of you.. and this can be achieved by having a strong, responsible, welcoming club that has a real presence in the scene... I believe the most important aspect of that is making everyone feel welcome, and taking it from there
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Big heavy wheels w/big-*** lips? Check
New suspension mods, never seen a track? Check
Won't drive too far for meets? Guilty as charged [although I have been to F:T several times, I just hate VA with a passion]

My weekend job kept me away from alot of activities, but now that I'm back to only one job I'll try and make it a priority to get out to more 'driver focused' meets. There's still alot I need to learn about my car's handling capabilities and I'm not afraid to ask noob questions either. Better safe than sorry. And FTR, I think 350Ricky was the 1st guy to come up and introduce himself to me at a meet. Everyone else kinda gave me the stinky eye... >;0[
Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Chen

EJ257 > VQ
I heart you
Old 11-18-2009, 11:13 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Big heavy wheels w/big-*** lips? Check
New suspension mods, never seen a track? Check
Won't drive too far for meets? Guilty as charged [although I have been to F:T several times, I just hate VA with a passion]

My weekend job kept me away from alot of activities, but now that I'm back to only one job I'll try and make it a priority to get out to more 'driver focused' meets. There's still alot I need to learn about my car's handling capabilities and I'm not afraid to ask noob questions either. Better safe than sorry. And FTR, I think 350Ricky was the 1st guy to come up and introduce himself to me at a meet. Everyone else kinda gave me the stinky eye... >;0[
Big - check
Black - check

Last thing I want to do is to get you upset Clay. You look like you can take out a cow with one punch meanwhile I'm sitting back preaching about my Bruce Lee 1 inch punch.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Big - check
Black - check

Last thing I want to do is to get you upset Clay. You look like you can take out a cow with one punch meanwhile I'm sitting back preaching about my Bruce Lee 1 inch punch.
What-the-hell-ever E10. Everyone knows AZN guys come out of the womb with mad fighting skills. Apparently this will all be revealed in that Ninja Assassin movie coming out this month. And the only 'cows' I see these days sit in the cubicles down the hall from me...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. What have you heard from guys that don't own 350z about our community?

To the V8 crowd we will always be ricers and as far as other import owners go, who really cares what they think . I have a Z and I will talk trash about Mustangs, Corvettes, S2000s, Evos, Subies and just about anything else. I love the way the car looks and feels and it just has to make me happy, not anyone else. Besides, I would think that other car owners feel they same way about their cars too.

2. What do you think are the causes for those views/comments? Do you think they're accurate?

The cause is just about perception IMO. If a ~20 year old kid down the street owns a loud a$$ Z an is reving all the time and speeding up and down the street you live on, you will think we are all like that. If you get passed by a Z doing 100mph on the highway (it may be me ), you may consider that reckless and look down upon us. If you see a guy in a Z do something you (the non Z owner) consider stupid or reckless your brain defaults to F&F and you just lump everone with a simliar car into that category, its human nature.

3. What do you think we can do as a whole community or as individuals to turn things around?
Can and should do nothing. Ingore what others think and live our own lives....period. Think of this, Harley riders do a ton of charity rides all the time, has it changed their image or how average people perceive their lifestyle/hobby?

Thsi made me LOL:
1. -Z's are for women.
So is my johnson, but I have one of those too

-Allot of Z drivers think there cars are like ferraris because most have other "daily drivers".
So you can judge me because I have more than one car, but I am the a-hole here

-They have attitudes and seem arrogant. -Not very apporachable
Can't say much about this one. The level of modding that happens in the Mid-A is fairly high and most people that I know that mod their cars love to talk to other like minded people about all kinds of cars.

That being said, don't feel the need to tell me how your Evo can take me from a dig or your S2000 will kill me in the twisties. We all bought the cars we wanted and built/modded them for the purposes we intended to use them for
The complaint I have always heard about the Z community is that it "openly allows" street racing. (please, see that I used quotes)

You can call it: Back road driving, spirited driving, drifting, etc... All of these are still being performed on the streets, and the Z community is the only one that does not ban it from the forums.
Seriously , all these people with modified cars and we are the only ones that street race, or just talk openly about it. As far back as I can remember, a race was always the way to settle things. Think you can run faster than me... lets race. Think you can ride your bike faster than me... lets race. Think you car is faster than mine... you get the point.

As far as meets and such, I came to a few meets where I knew not a single person and it was difficult at first. I am farther away than most and don't have the opportunity to get to know others much outside of the meets. IMO it would be great if the person organizing the meet could introduce people that they know have similar interests in mods, jobs or where they are living.

I always considered the Z and G equals since they share a platform and a motor. Plenty of fast and nicely modded cars on both sides that I have seen. I will say this, after reading this thread I will be sure to make a point of getting to meet and greet more people at the next meet I attend.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

I got 2 cars sitting outside of my apartment! Obviously I love both cars

Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

Leave it to ethan to ***** himself... -_-
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Malikot
Leave it to ethan to ***** himself... -_-
I wouldn't leave you out my Zero Gravity brutha!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
phunkenstein

Can I join your faggots sausage fest too?

Quick Reply: Mid-A Z Community Image Discussion