Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Z Community Image Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009 | 12:22 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by phunkenstein
Can I join your faggots sausage fest too?
I dunno...

"Are you in yet?" She asked...
Old 11-18-2009 | 12:23 PM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

"She" referring to Monica?
Old 11-18-2009 | 12:25 PM
Driven1
Professional

My comment on the "clique" issue.....I dont care what other car brand fanboys think honestly. I know a lot of people with a LOT of different cars and we're all great friends, hang out, drink, B.S. + talk smack (many of the "stereotypes" already posted are often used, lol), race (on the track), etc.

For me....relationships have nothing to do with cars really. Honestly, I LOVE all cars...old, new, custom, classic, drift, race, etc. It may be a way to meet other people or be one thing we may have in common...but that's not the deciding factor on whether I develop a more personal relationship with you and want to hang out with you on a regular basis. Not everyone gets along based on who they are as individuals and clashing of personalities and opinions...not what they drive. People here are at ALL different stages of their lives with different priorities. A lot of the long in standing "older" members here used to do the same thing the younger crowd is doing having fun, hangin' out, etc. It's not that someone doesn't "like" you or we're "unfriendly" it's just we may have other priorities now that are more important than hanging at a meet and meeting new car people.

Don't take it personally that some of us don't get out more....please. I'll be the first (as well as MANY others on here I know) that would offer assistance and go out of their way to help a good person regardless of what you drive, Z,G, Mustang, etc. If you're a good person... you're a good person...regardless of what you drive.

Distance is also can be an issue bc some of us who may have been able to hang out and drive distances and spend more time just don't have as much free time anymore. I'd love to get up in MD more and hang out but it's just not possible as much anymore. The "Mid-A" may seem like a small world, but their are a lot of square miles.

Last edited by Driven1; 11-18-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 12:31 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Malikot
"She" referring to Monica?
Oh Snap!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2009 | 12:42 PM
SS728

Originally Posted by bb1314
Hmm... it's not so much about "caring" or not. I started this thread mainly to point out these commonly known issues. Not talking about it or ignoring it doesn't make lives better. That just makes us ignorant. People outside of the community or even without the community had been talking "behind our back". Why not be mature about it and give people a chance to speak up so we can understand the issues better? There's very high chance that it's one big communication issue. For example like how Pinkii (Morgan) from g35driver pointed out her experience with that one blue Z driver. Turned out he's some douche that got banned multiple times on my350z.com and we all hate him here. Now she knows that one guy does not represent our community as a whole at all. That's really what I'm trying to get out of this.
It's very simple. Imports=ricers, Domestics=meat heads.
Right? lol
That's the image both auto worlds receive.

I could honestly give two chits what someone thinks of me and what I drive. "Oh hey, a cool looking Z with a chill driver." Or, "Oh hey, a riced out Z with a douchebag driver." I could care less of that persons opinion. I didn't buy/mod my car for someone else's expectations and neither should you.

But yes, the "ignorant" part factors in, greatly. If I see a riced out Z, I make a general conclusion that the person does not frequent Z/G forums and doesn't have much relations with other Z drivers.
Old 11-18-2009 | 01:07 PM
abui01

The days when the whole community knew each other:

07' Throwbacks!

SUPER 06' throw backs:

And guess what... we had these meets... EVERY FRIDAY!!!

Lets bring these back!

Last edited by abui01; 11-18-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:48 PM
GalvatronType_R

The Mustang guys blame us for global warming and the passage of Obammer's health care plan.
Old 11-19-2009 | 04:25 AM
rkemp1

I own a Z and I admittedly fell off and have a different view of the community for a few reasons.
1.The more mature crowd(OGs like Alberto, Todd, Keith, and Charles) that taught me most of what I know about Zs arent around much anymore. The openess to new members has definitely shifted from what it used to be. A few times I have met some really cool people(G guys during the Functioned meet come to mind) but I have met some really immature "newbs" and outright *******s as well which I quickly lose patience for.
2.Most of the people in the Z crowd that I have built friendships with; I met at the dyno meets, drag strip, or at the racetrack and unfortunately I havent been in a few months. (this is where I was mentored and built respect for certain people) The perception that Z guys can't drive is partially true because most Z guys never really learn to "drive" their cars at a track at the limit. Or give up because of a few botched runs. Z Track days or track meets could help to change this over time.
3.Work has been so busy that I cant keep up on the boards anymore and it just hasnt been as much of a priority. This is compunded by the fact that only a few of the threads have any real substance these days. Bringing back the educational factor to the local community could help with this.

I will say that the National Z club getting some organization and structure to it is a positive step in the right direction. Ethan keep up the hard work man. It will be a tough battle to change perceptions, but in time anything is possible.
Old 11-19-2009 | 04:32 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by abui01
The days when the whole community knew each other:

07' Throwbacks!

SUPER 06' throw backs:

And guess what... we had these meets... EVERY FRIDAY!!!

Lets bring these back!
Those were the good old days.
Old 11-19-2009 | 06:28 AM
Lemans350zTT

I've heard tons of things since I hang out with all types of car owners. Most of which include:

- "Z guys can't drive fer $h!t, their main concern is going as fast as humanly possible in a straight line."

- "Roughly 99% of them have never been to a real road course, they waste their time slapping on a turbo and running a 11-12 sec in the 1/4 mile. Guess what... my CIVIC can whoop it by a WHOLE second w/ my eyes closed! AND I paid 10k less... and it's N/A! Heck... they spent $20-30k for a bagillion WHP power (that they can't even use).. and you're telling me with only $2-3k my EVO can still walk it in a 1/4 mile? NOOB GO HOME! Your car was never meant for the 1/4 mile track."

- S2k guys laugh at us because we can't turn and this is a, "Japanese Mustang." "Ever been to Summit track days? How many Z guys do you see? 2-3 at MOST?! Sometimes NONE?!? Yeah... because real driving skills don't cater to that crowd. They're too concerned over putting on their $100 intake system when it could have been better spent on some seat time... Noobs"

- Autocross guys, "I generally don't see much Z representation, mostly because their car was never really meant to compete in these kind of events. A Z never won anything last I remember."

- "Face it, the Z is a jock of all trades, master of none. It looks good, but not the best looking. It's fast, but not that fast. It can handle, but many other cars can run circles around it all day long. It's light enough, but still heavy."

- "When the Z first came out, it was aimed more toward folks in their late 20's and early 30's because that was the demographic that could actually afford it. Those days have long gone and nowadays most kids buy the Z, mostly because it's affordable now and they bought it purely based on its looks. I see a majority of them driving like they actually knew how to drive... give me a break...! Admit it, you bought it because of the looks, you have no interest in actually driving it."

- "9/10 times when a Z guy loses control, he crashes because he has no idea how to correct the oversteer. Then we notice he's 18-22 years old. It's a car that most inexperienced kids buy to look cool at meets... but we all know they suck. Stick to FWD and quit causing accidents."

- "Z guys don't like to drive to actually meet up. However, Us you say? We'll drive 100 miles to meet up because we actually are CAR ENTHUSIASTS, not some ricers who go to a meet down the street just because it's convenient for them. If 'distance' is a factor in your equation when a meet is scheduled, then I'm ashamed to be called an 'Car Enthusiast' amongst the same line as these jokers."

- "These guys think their car is a Lamborghini. They drive two cars and garage their Z all week long. Dude... I can buy your car for 10k these days, get over yourself, no matter what you think... it will NEVER be a SUPERCAR.. now drive the darn thing. Oh wait.. you don't know how! LOL"

- "Why oh why do all Z guys slap on the heaviest rims known to man? Look at those huge lips... yeah it looks cool and all but give me a break, that's just so NOOB! How much cornering ability, accelerating, braking was lost due to a bad rim choice? And why do they spend 4k on rims... but cheap out and get some low grade Kumho tires? These guys seriously don't know what they're doing. I feel like I'm stepping into some Hot Import Nights show when half of these mods are pointless. Do Z guys even do their homework? Mom & Dad got too much money to spare?"

- "Why do all you guys buy rims and a bodykit first? Maybe some springs, a loud exhaust, and call it a day? What's wrong with you people?"

- "Punk Immature Kids who drive over their skill level... enough said."

- "Got all that power... but when the road turns you LOSE!"

There were a few others, but I can't remember them all. Brain Fart. I'll update when it pops back up in my head.

Well why dont you tell us how you really feel LOL!!!!!!! I must say most of what you say does apply for the east coast! But where I am from 350z/240's/and skylines rule the street/track/what have you. Atleast u did leave the 1% out there. I assume you fit in the 1% seeing that I have seen you drive and you do have a 350 well I think you still have a 350?? Alot of peeps have really givin the z a bad name I agree 100% But you must admit the ones that do it right really do it right!!! As for the supercar comment people you have a 350z and think there car is a supercar need to be shot!!! But regardless whomping a $200,000.00 car is still awesome straight line or track. My first Car was a 87 300zx turbo second was 95 300zxTT followed by a mistake I wont talk about and lead to 03 350z and now a 06.5 350zST. I have bought everyone of them on my own, broke them, fixed them, and broke them again. Point is that the Z car is an awesome car and like anh said not the best at any one thing but great at several!!! So I will happily stay in the 1%. And like I anh I am fond of any car that looks sexy, can move fast straight and looks good sideways.

Last edited by Lemans350zTT; 11-19-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2009 | 09:04 AM
ZS14RR

Damn lemans put it out there but the problem is EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.Different ideas,opinions and taste.
Some people use the Z for different reasons. There are the true track warriors and the weekend pimps. Someguys are a little of both. A little bit of engine mods and then a little of exterior looks. This forum is here for people to search and execute it the right way. They ask a question and receive a answer whether they like it or not. Now like you mentioned some people are just spoiled and have nothing better to do with pops and moms money but hey thats them if they dont know chit about right and wrong for a Z then they will get owned and look stupid. Then people will just push them aside for acting like they knew what they were doing when the entire time it was backwards. Research obviously plays a big roll but second is theyre financial situation and everyone doesnt have millions of dollars so they must settle with what they are able to get.
Old 11-19-2009 | 12:29 PM
Dj Xyanyde

- "9/10 times when a Z guy loses control, he crashes because he has no idea how to correct the oversteer. Then we notice he's 18-22 years old. It's a car that most inexperienced kids buy to look cool at meets... but we all know they suck. Stick to FWD and quit causing accidents."
IM 24 YEARS OLD THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

...I got hit, thats different, lol.
Old 11-19-2009 | 02:07 PM
Dj Xyanyde

1. What have you heard from guys that don't own 350z about our community?

I moved up to the Z from the Honda scene, My prelude group (from preludepower.com) was a lot more tightly knit than the Z group AS A WHOLE. They seemed to think we are kind of stuck up.

The thing that I can say from personal observation is that the Z group is generally from a different crowd. The way the Z owners carry themselves, its more of a successful crowd. More of what I want to associate myself with. No one shows up to meets with primered body parts and duct taped parts, we take pride in our cars, and it shows.

2. What do you think are the causes for those views/comments? Do you think they're accurate?

I think maybe because Z owners are more willing to put money into their cars. Parts are more expensive and harder to come by than some other cars. The 350z isnt really an expensive car anymore... but its very expensive to be in the modding crowd. I guess Im trying to say, maybe they think we are stuck up because we have money?

3. What do you think we can do as a whole community or as individuals to turn things around?
From what I have seen. The Mid-A really isnt bad. Anyone starting trouble has always been someone outside hopping in to leg-hump Joyride, talk down to me crashing my car, or try to start some kind of whose shop is the best drama. But I cant stay away, lol. The Z community has been helping me out since before I even had a Z of my own. Im buying another one this weekend so I can continue to be a part of the community. I just think if things were a little more organized, others would gain respect for us. More meets, more track days and track presence, more pho!
Old 11-19-2009 | 06:15 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Dj Xyanyde
1. What have you heard from guys that don't own 350z about our community?

I moved up to the Z from the Honda scene, My prelude group (from preludepower.com) was a lot more tightly knit than the Z group AS A WHOLE. They seemed to think we are kind of stuck up.

The thing that I can say from personal observation is that the Z group is generally from a different crowd. The way the Z owners carry themselves, its more of a successful crowd. More of what I want to associate myself with. No one shows up to meets with primered body parts and duct taped parts, we take pride in our cars, and it shows.

2. What do you think are the causes for those views/comments? Do you think they're accurate?

I think maybe because Z owners are more willing to put money into their cars. Parts are more expensive and harder to come by than some other cars. The 350z isnt really an expensive car anymore... but its very expensive to be in the modding crowd. I guess Im trying to say, maybe they think we are stuck up because we have money?

3. What do you think we can do as a whole community or as individuals to turn things around?
From what I have seen. The Mid-A really isnt bad. Anyone starting trouble has always been someone outside hopping in to leg-hump Joyride, talk down to me crashing my car, or try to start some kind of whose shop is the best drama. But I cant stay away, lol. The Z community has been helping me out since before I even had a Z of my own. Im buying another one this weekend so I can continue to be a part of the community. I just think if things were a little more organized, others would gain respect for us. More meets, more track days and track presence, more pho!
You're getting another one?!?!?! Awesome!!! No suicide door this time right? . By the way it was awesome that you guys came all the way down to Columbia last time for my pho + car wash meet. I'm moving back to NOVA in 2 weeks!! I'll be creating more meets in more mutual locations like maybe Rockville area so all of us can drive for like 30 minutes or so to get together. Looking forward to chill with you and the Woodbridge gang again.
Old 11-19-2009 | 10:12 PM
abui01

^ All I can say is... he's got some tight **** that'll surprise all yall!