Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started working out at the beginning of November, just cardio at first ~20 min on the eliptical. Now I'm doing weights + light cardio (20 min) three days a week and heavy cardio (30-40 min + interval training) twice a week and one day off. I have also seriously changed my eating habits - burgers/cheesesteaks/fast food are out - sushi/veggies/lean protein are in.

Breakfast: Whole grain wrap, 4oz egg whites, 1 slice of cheese, 3oz lean meat (ham/turkey/beef), 2 cups coffee = ~500 calories

Lunch: salad (lettuce + spinach), tomatoes, cucumbers, bean sprouts + whatever veggie the wife has on hand with 3oz fat free dressing or similar wrap to breakfast with tuna or other fish and no egg whites = ~400 calories

Snack: 10 Almonds or walnuts = ~60 calories or 1 Apple = ~81 calories

Dinner: Whatever the wife makes here, but its always a lean protein, veggie and a light starch (carbs). The key for me is to envision never eating more food than the size of your fist, think of your food in a pile and as long as its similar to the size of your fist you should be OK. It sounds stupid, but its working. Dinner = ~600 calories

Snack: If I am still hungry later I have a Jello pudding snack with a few almonds or walnuts in it = ~150

Total intake is around ~1800 calories per day. I bought a pulse/heartrate monitor that tracks my calories burned every day and I try to make sure that I run at least 500-1000 calorie deficit each day. Every 3500 calories = 1lb of weight loss.

Stick with a plan, any plan Ethan, and you will get the results you are looking for, it just takes time/effort/commitment. Good Luck
Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Lunch: salad (lettuce + spinach), tomatoes, cucumbers, bean sprouts + whatever veggie the wife has on hand with 3oz fat free dressing or similar wrap to breakfast with tuna or other fish and no egg whites = ~400 calories
I started doing the salad thing about 4 days a week and load it up veggies and chicken (white). Only use Vineger and Olive Oil though. I kind of like it better than any dressing.

Originally Posted by Cass007
time/effort/commitment
Key
Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
bigslim350Z

on the topic of weights, does everyone's shoulders hurt as a result of bench / shoulder press or is it just me. I'm thinking I could be sleeping on my arm the wrong way and pulling something but not sure.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

^Most people's benching technique is all wrong anyways. If you move the bar closer to the mid-chest region or 'drop your shoulders' when benching should clear that up. I had to begin using dumbbells after too many shoulder injuries.

<<<Is getting too old for this $hit.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
^Most people's benching technique is all wrong anyways. If you move the bar closer to the mid-chest region or 'drop your shoulders' when benching should clear that up. I had to begin using dumbbells after too many shoulder injuries.

I tend to use a wide grip but not too wide. Also, when lowering the bar it comes about to about where the nipples are so hopefully that is fine. I'm hoping that this is temporary, cause I don't want to give up powerlifting since one of my new year's resolutions was to bench 405 lbs again by June.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG

+1 on this, chronic bursitis makes my shoulders ache all the time. The doctor told me to strenghten the muscles surrounding the socket, but surgery will be required to repair, 6 weeks of having my arm strapped to my waist
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by asingh1
Wider than shoulder with? Did you put that up at umbc? more than me haha. I remember eddies goal, 300lbs. Man did I laugh for days when he told me that. You going to bally's still?
I'm at golds now. I put up 405 lbs in March 2007 but after a shoulder injury and lack of time following that, I've been in the mid 300's now. Hoping to get back some day before I get too old to push heavy weight.

I can't see Eddie ever doing more than 250 but thats just me.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
All SmileZ

^^ Dave your shoulder is hurting when you bench because its taking on extra load. Anterior deltoid is getting strained. It only happens to me when I have been of lifting for a bit and my chest muscles get weak. Since the chest muscles get weak your body recurits other muscle groups (anterior delt, triceps) to move the weight.
UMBC gym 4 life. hahaha
Is the UMBC weight room still in that small narrow stretch in the old fieldhouse (just off of that excuse for an indoor track upstairs)? Or did they move and expand it when they added to the fieldhouse?

Probably dating myself

Last edited by All SmileZ; 01-13-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 AM
WYZIWYG

I wouldn't get surgery unless its really bad or unless it wants to pop out of the socket allot. Usually for bursitis they just drain the fluid out of the bursa.
+1000 I just had knee surgery and it's not healing properly. I couldn't image having someone open my shoulder up and losing all that range of motion. I'd stay away from surgery unless I really needed it [or if I was getting some lawsuit money...]
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 AM
All SmileZ

Its still in the field house but its downstairs now. They built new basketball courts and a brand new weight room. Equipment is good but the room is a a bit small.

What you are referring to is now the athletes weight room. That thing is a piece of ****. Only thing good is that they have allot of power lifting equipment up there.
Ewww. I would have hoped they upgraded the athlete facility. It's cool that they have a separate set up now, but come on. I ran track there and we worked out there in the mornings before it was open to students later in the day (I think that's how the hours worked). Yeah, it was a piece of ish!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 AM
All SmileZ

That's too bad. We had a good number of us track guys lifting at the same time in the morning. But to be honest, the most organized unit I saw at the time training was the women's volleyball team. I used to do my ploymetric training with them in the morning. Those chics didn't eff around.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I eat about 6x a day, 7x if I'm feeling fat.

Morning - 12 eggs, steak, protein shake | 200 push-ups
Snack - Protein Bar, (fruit of choice)
Lunch - 4 chicken breasts w/ no skin, water
Snack - Protein Bar
Snack again - Tuna Sandwich
Dinner - Salmon/Steak, veggies - 200 push-ups

That'll keep you nice and lean.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
on the topic of weights, does everyone's shoulders hurt as a result of bench / shoulder press or is it just me. I'm thinking I could be sleeping on my arm the wrong way and pulling something but not sure.
Nope my shoulders are fine and i've been benching 3 days straight so far.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Dj Xyanyde

I like Abui's plan. I might switch it up a bit though:

Morning - 200 eggs, steak, protein shake | 12 push-ups
Snack - Candy Bar, (fruit of choice)
Lunch - 4 DD breasts w/ no skin, water
Snack - Protein Bar
Snack again - Whole bluefin Tuna
Dinner - diet coke - 1200 push-ups
Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
abui01

BTW, some chick on Facebook told me in order to lose weight - "eat less!" Is this true?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Chen

Morning - 200 eggs, steak, protein shake | 45minute nap
Lunch - 4 DD breasts w/ no skin, T-bone steak, water
Snack - Protein Bar, apple
Snack again - tuna sandwich/ grilled salmon
Dinner - Steak or chicken and fiber pill(s) l lift 2x your body weight for 4 straight hours l Poke GF for an HR.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
my350isblack

Originally Posted by abui01
BTW, some chick on Facebook told me in order to lose weight - "eat less!" Is this true?
true for girls....

haha jk

its not necessarily true... cuz if you starve yourself your not getting any of the benefits of eating.... proteins, vitamins... all that good stuff. ive always heard dont eat til your full, smaller portions throughout the day so your using the calories that your putting in and not having extra calories not being used to be stored into fat
Old 01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
abui01

^ Let me rephrase exactly what she said, "Eating less is the most effective way to lose weight." LOL. Really? Most Effective aka BEST?! I wasn't too sure about that. She de-friended me after we all jumped her for thinking of the most ridiculous idea ever.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
my350isblack

^^haha well everyones different but i wouldnt eat less, just eat healthier and you should be fine
Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Chen
Morning - 200 eggs, steak, protein shake | 45minute nap
Lunch - 4 DD breasts w/ no skin, T-bone steak, water
Snack - Protein Bar, apple
Snack again - tuna sandwich/ grilled salmon
Dinner - Steak or chicken and fiber pill(s) l lift 2x your body weight for 4 straight hours l Poke GF for an HR.
Breasts with no skin? What about the nipples? Ya'll nasty.....

Quick Reply: Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!