Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!

Never thought I needed opinion on this. Now keep in mind I'm one of those naturally skinny looking Asian kid that USED to have super metabolism. Anyone that hung out with me was almost surprised by how much I eat and can eat. I'm about to turn 28 years old, and this past year or so I felt my metabolism got slower significantly. I'm 5'10" and about a year ago I was at about 170 lbs. A year later I'm 185 lbs!!! And it seems like all that eating whatever I can and drink beer every night life style has to come to a stop.

My new year resolution... get in shape! Tell me if I'm doing it right. Keep in mind I'm not trying to get bulk. I just want to get rid of my belly and look somewhat ripped and muscular.

Workout Plan:
3 times a week. 1.5 hour every time. 1 hour of medium weight higher rep lifting + 30 mins of non-stop cardio.

Diet Plan:
Breakfast - Carbs (whole wheat bread, pasta or brown rice), eggs, fish, vegetables
Lunch - A little bit of carbs, fish/lean meat, vegetables
Dinner - No carbs, fish/lean meat, vegetables.
If I get hungry in between meals - Eat an orange/apple/pear/banana.

Am I doing this right?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Dj Xyanyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
Never thought I needed opinion on this. Now keep in mind I'm one of those naturally skinny looking Asian kid that USED to have super metabolism. Anyone that hung out with me was almost surprised by how much I eat and can eat. I'm about to turn 28 years old, and this past year or so I felt my metabolism got slower significantly. I'm 5'10" and about a year ago I was at about 170 lbs. A year later I'm 185 lbs!!! And it seems like all that eating whatever I can and drink beer every night life style has to come to a stop.

My new year resolution... get in shape! Tell me if I'm doing it right. Keep in mind I'm not trying to get bulk. I just want to get rid of my belly and look somewhat ripped and muscular.

Workout Plan:
3 times a week. 1.5 hour every time. 1 hour of medium weight higher rep lifting + 30 mins of non-stop cardio.

Diet Plan:
Breakfast - Carbs (whole wheat bread, pasta or brown rice), eggs, fish, vegetables
Lunch - A little bit of carbs, fish/lean meat, vegetables
Dinner - No carbs, fish/lean meat, vegetables.
If I get hungry in between meals - Eat an orange/apple/pear/banana.

Am I doing this right?
To be honest, I think you are going above and beyond really. You should end up looking like Bruce Lee by summer if you keep this up. Im doing a similar workout plan but my diet is different. I eat like a normal person, and I try to eat pho at least once a week before a workout.

For me, pho isnt just for Z meets anymore! But its mostly liquid and I dont feel so weighed down when I work out and all the protein makes it feel like an easier recovery afterwards. Im no pro or anything but it works for me.

Also if I get hungry between meals, Ive found that Green tea helps curb the appetite. Theres a place in tysons called Teavana, its serious business man.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eat smaller meals more times a day if it is at all possible.

Eat a HIGH protein breakfast consume your carbs in the early to middle part of the day and then for dinner eat high protein low carbs.

Allot of your diet should also be based on what time of the day you work out.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Joy_ride

shots shots shots sh sh shots!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Chen

Wake up eat protein since its supposed to control hunger. Then go to gym and lift!!! Find your one rep max and go 10 or 20lbs lighter and do 2 or 3 sets and 20 or more reps. Finish off by running/jogging/ elliptical machine for 20minutes or so.

Last edited by Chen; 01-12-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Joy_ride

Originally Posted by Chen
Wake up eat protein since its supposed to control hunger. Then go to gym and lift!!! Find your one rep max and go 10 or 20lbs lighter and do 2 or 3 sets and 20 or more reps. Finish off by running/jogging/ elliptical machine for 20minutes or so.
Is he trying to lose weight?? muscle is heavy too....
Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Chen

Ninja Assassin Pt.2, featuring Ethan Lo
http://munfitnessblog.com/how-rain-b...inja-assassin/

That is what Rain did to get built for the movie. The trainer also trained all the people for 300.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Chen

Double post...
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Atleast 3 days a week but I shoot for 5, 30 mins of cardio then 4 sets of weight, medium to heavy weights, then I do rep to fail. Depending on what day it is, I will do negatives which are great for endurance, sauna at the end of the day then 120g of protein when I am done.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

i eat everything and anything.
I had eaten 67 chic fil a nuggets in 10 mins.
For every day of the week ive eaten at Chee burger chee burger 1 lb burger just so i can fill a row of the 1lb wall of fame section with my picture.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicgoofball
i eat everything and anything.
I had eaten 67 chic fil a nuggets in 10 mins.
For every day of the week ive eaten at Chee burger chee burger 1 lb burger just so i can fill a row of the 1lb wall of fame section with my picture.
I <3 you goofball
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
phunkenstein

Fuck bitches, get abs.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:32 AM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Just ask Clay, he'll work you till you're 117lbs.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:56 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old country buffet in the morning,steaking cheese or a cheeseburger for lunch, heavy steak and atleaat 1.5 hours of COD MW2. Then tons of sex on the weekend.

But im thinkin about trying to get mildly juiced.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 AM
idrive_MD

I'm pretty regular food wise, I dont go out of my way to plan my meals, I just eat simple home prepped foods as much as possible, I avoid excess salt/sodium, kinda watch my sugars (as they enter my mouth, yummy) and I try to keep my portions in control.

Just got back into working out just before x-mas (while on a business trip actually). I work a 5-day then 4-day work week so I mix it up between two different 4-day 30 minute routines at the base gym during lunch, focus is on muscle building. Its been a great reminder how long I've been away from the gym.

I've given up on trying to get a smaller waist, too expensive to replace the clothes and too much work to maintain. I'm comfortable being a 36-jean size, 34's are snug, 35's are perfect but rare. Looking forward to filling out an XL shirt better, already seeing a great improvement in my arms and shoulders, chest is pitiful at the moment (always has been really), legs are coming along, back feels good. I would say chest and abs are my weak points.

I want to hit a muscle target and then from their I'll maintain and try to trim any excess weight I feel I need to. Right now I'm 5'11 and 200-lbs, if I settled at 190 with a lower body-fat % by summer I'd be happy (my BMI might still be above normal by that point but oh well).
Old 01-13-2010, 04:36 AM
MDHRZ

Diet seems spot for what you are trying to do. I spend 4-5 days a week in the gym right now. If you're trying to build muscle, then I'd look into some supplements. Protien is great post workout.

https://my350z.com/forum/exercise-an...-using-65.html

https://my350z.com/forum/exercise-an...-m-drol-3.html

EDIT: Just saw you are not trying to bulk up. Supps will still help your muscles recover though.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 01-13-2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Atleast 3 days a week but I shoot for 5, 30 mins of cardio then 4 sets of weight, medium to heavy weights, then I do rep to fail. Depending on what day it is, I will do negatives which are great for endurance, sauna at the end of the day then 120g of protein when I am done.
120g of protein when you're done? You are wasting half of that.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:29 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
120g of protein when you're done? You are wasting half of that.
Need to correct myself, 120g a day not when I am done, you are suppose to take in your daily dose of 50g and then 25% more (Depending on body mass)
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Ricky
Just ask Clay, he'll work you till you're 117lbs.
See? That's why I had that I Heart Ricky t-shirt made...

E10, if you have time/money consult your personal doctor or a dietician. Everyone's body chemistry is different so what works for one may not work for another.
Your largest meals should be in the morning and get smaller as the day progresses. Ideally you should eat 4-5 small meals [main meals + snacks] throughout the day, but unless you plan on bringing a bunch of stuff around with you to work it's not really ideal for most people. Try to ramp up the weights and work up to 40 mins of cardio during your workouts.
If you belong to a gym ask one of the trainers to devise a plan for you or check out some routines on YouTube and see what works best for you.

Right now I'm trying to workout with a busted knee and shoulder, so I'm basically in the same boat as you...
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Need to correct myself, 120g a day not when I am done, you are suppose to take in your daily dose of 50g and then 25% more (Depending on body mass)
Ok cool, now that sounds about right if you're just trying to get your daily dose . IIRC it's about 1.5-2g per pound of bodyweight each day, but not to exceed 50-60g at one sitting (if you want to bulk/gain muscle).

Last edited by MDHRZ; 01-13-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!