Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A! Tell me your workout/diet plan!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by asingh1
Everybody is different. Some people grow big real fast (genetically or via "juice"). What worked for him might not work for you. Ask him to technically explain how that training works. If he cant then tell him he doesn't know ****.

Problem with allot of trainers is that they dont know the science behind muscle growth or recovery. Second most don't have any certification or if they do Its one of those 6 week online certifications. Bally's trainers are notorious for being under qualified.

The multi rep thing works for certain body parts not all. I have found it can be good for arms, calves and especially traps. (high rep shurgs). But for big muscle groups like chest, back, legs its gotta be moderate-high weight with 6-8 reps to see real growth. If you really wanna grow fast do compound excersices like cleans, snatches, overhead presses. These work all the big muscle groups together which really shock the body and raise growth hormones substantially.
[Sorry if this is a threadjack E10] He claims that high rep sets with weights is a substitute for cardio [i.e. If you did 500 reps for chest with little to no rest, your heart rate speeds up as well as helping your muscle endurance]. We set a number for the night, say 1000-1500 and we have to do that many sets of whatever muscle group we're training. [i.e. triceps extensions 4x50 = 200 reps]
Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Dj Xyanyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
Oh I can drink green tea without anything with it ALL DAY.
I drink freshly steeped Gyokuro Imperial green tea daily. Its serious business.

http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Gree...-Green-Tea.axd
Old 01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
WYZIWYG

So this seems like high interval training. Which is good to get lean and toned. But its not going to be as effective to put on muscle size. (Im not sure what look you are going for). I understand the point he was making but since you are still using weight, the body is going to treat the workout as anerobic. So Its not going to exactly be like cardio but it will give you good endurance. Heart rate increase is not necessarily a measure of cardio (not to get to technical).

If you like it and it works for you then stick with it. HIT is good for getting in shape but if you want to put on size you might want to try a different routine.

Are you staying off the knee?
I was trying to lean out a little [hard finding dress shirts with 18.5 necks] but I'm just not built that way. We've only got a few more sessions to go and then I'm back to my own methods. I got lazy after my surgery and this was a way to get me motivated to come back to the gym. I'm on the second week of a new diet plan [oatmeal, baked chicken + salad] so hopefully I'll be back into some kind of shape by mid-Spring.

I have several different knee braces i wear. [and against doctors orders I tried doing legs again--Big mistake!]
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
sir captian

Your diet is pretty disciplined for someone as young as you.Thats the type of diet a doctor will give a old geezer with high cholesterol and blood pressure.I also think that you need to work out at least 4 days a week with a cardio workout each of those days that leaves you pretty winded.Also about 50% of it is genetics,take a good look at your parents.....
Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 AM
sir captian

Huh? I was going to start, but I think I will refrain. Too much fail.
Go ahead start.....
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually my family has a history of diabetes. Both my father and grandfather have that problem late (my grandpa started when he's in his 70's and my dad started when he was in his 50's). I know diabetic problems is definitely genetically related so I'm starting to watch my diet early to avoid that problem later down the road.

BTW, the JEKL is quite a d-bag
Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by bb1314
Actually my family has a history of diabetes. Both my father and grandfather have that problem late (my grandpa started when he's in his 70's and my dad started when he was in his 50's). I know diabetic problems is definitely genetically related so I'm starting to watch my diet early to avoid that problem later down the road.

BTW, the JEKL is quite a d-bag
E10, diabetes, High BP, cancer and hypertension all run in my family. All the men in my family are short, stumpy and fat. Like asingh says, as long as you do what's right for you [eating, exercise] you can combat bad genes with a healthy lifestyle.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
sir captian

[QUOTE=asingh1;8064381]
How old do you have to be to eat healthy and feel good? Should he wait till he is 60 and is already suffering from hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, high CRP to change his diet?I never said

Really? So eating right is only important if you have problems. Since OP is young and problem free what should his diet be? Burger king and baskin robbins?

50% huh. Why not 45% or 60%. Whats so magical about 50%. Genetics only disposes you to certain conditions/traits. What you do and your environment also govern your life. If both your parents are fat, you might be disposed to gain weight but regardless of that, weight loss is dependent on diet and burning more calories than you take in.
I never said he shouldnt eat healthy because of his age I was saying that for somebody his age he has a disciplined diet especially compared to a average person.You made alot of incorrect assumptions about what I was trying to say.I dont need a lesson about genetics from some douche on a forum if you didnt agree with what I said ignore it and move on.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Im not going to argue with you because I want to stay on topic. So this is all I will say.

I did not assume anything. I quoted what "you" typed and replied. Sorry but there are no assumptions. If you meant something else than you should gave typed it better. Its an open forum, you will get criticized.

I "douche" have more experience in medicine/nutrition/training than you know. So If you want a genetics lesson PM me because you obliviously don't know.
Hey off topic question but I'm always curious. You know how they say you get "Losing hair" from your mom's side? But since most women don't lose hair, what you really should look at is your mom's brothers to determine if you might have the high risk of losing hair?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
sir captian

Im not going to argue with you because I want to stay on topic. So this is all I will say.

I did not assume anything. I quoted what "you" typed and replied. Sorry but there are no assumptions. If you meant something else than you should gave typed it better. Its an open forum, you will get criticized.

I "douche" have more experience in medicine/nutrition/training than you know. So If you want a genetics lesson PM me because you obliviously don't know.
Speaking of typing better you need to proof read your posts...and no thanks I've heard enough from you already.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
phunkenstein

Wow you guys are fucking two year olds. Shut the fuck up and move on, Ethan is just trying to get some information, not see how much your panties will get up in a bunch. Jesus Christ.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:28 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by sir captian
Speaking of typing better you need to proof read your posts...and no thanks I've heard enough from you already.
Speaking of typing better, you need to proofread your posts...and no thanks, I've heard enough from you already.

Fixed!