Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone who thought AAM would turn a new leaf with a new owner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
widebody350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has my friend or I said, "Your negligence resulted in my motor blowing up, now pay for it?" Unlike said shop AMS has a lot going on and are backed up. It should be another week at least before they get to fully take it apart and document everything. He may sell the Evo too.

You gave him your number, until the last month you weren't affiliated, why would he call you?

It is pointless to call the owner of the shop, I think he'd rather eat the $6,000 or so for AMS to rebuild the motor than to deal with that dunse.

Where the fender and front bumper on the right side meet, popped off. Whatever you need to say on here man you know what the deal is, you know my friend and I saw too. Cars were towed by the sway bar end of story. If it wasn't such a big deal then why did the owner opt to have us push the Evo as opposed to drag it like the others? Wonder if he would have dragged all of the cars had their owners/friends of owners been present? Gee what a surprise it is still there, seems a lot of cars never leave that shop, unless they go to another one.

I'm not making it personal, but you want to get all Johny Cochran and split hairs. You know the car went to AMS and you know they are on top of their sh*t, so to ask questions that only need to be asked when dealing with an incompetent tuner(the one you work for as an example) is annoying. Did they fix the leaks before putting it on their dyno? Really? If nothing else they actually have a nice shop and wouldn't want to get oil/fluid everywhere unlike where you work and a car could spit out a couple quarts and no one would notice.

The fact is that you are sticking up/defending a shop like this, it makes you a hypocrite, for anything you ever said about AAM, their fanboys, and their owner. I'll be honest with you, I don't like that. You also say that you're not defending them(your employer), but you are, in your lies about towing, and questioning of the Evo being driven on the street/what AMS did/didn't do. You're trying to call into question anything that may prove to be in the favor of your employer's shop. Simple. You posted a few times in response to me, defending said shop, then reveal that you are now part time GM. Seems shady to me.

If I wanted to get personal, I would really let people know how I feel about the owner. I don't have much of an issue with you besides the aforementioned. Your employer however, LOL, I'll refrain from going there.

I'm glad you don't have any financial stake in that shop b/c it would be the equivalent to burning it. Although maybe you could claim the owner as a dependent and get a tax write-off? Best case scenario I could think of. The shop's success does have financial implications for you though, as it's success will pay you and it's failure does not. That's not good or bad, but is certainly reason for you to defend it. I don't blame you for it either, however I do think it was shady that you didn't make it clear that you are the GM now.

Last edited by widebody350; 07-27-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by Driven1
So...the car was assembled...then picked up and paid for (untuned due to no EMS solution for the car) and the car was gone for months...then blew up on a dyno at 30psi...but it's the person who had the car months ago fault?
You're not defending anyone right? Riiiigghhhttt lol.

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Widebody, there is shop rating thread. Perhaps your friend could explain the situation there and leave accurate feedback as many others have already done? https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ng-thread.html
Will do. As I said, he may not for the time being if he decides to try to get some money back through the legal process or just sell the Evo. I'll definitely make him aware of this thread and the thread in the link you've provided. Thanks for that link btw.

EDIT: Just spoke with the owner and he's not making any posts b/c he doesn't want to deal with the bs or any potential law suits for slander. He however did say that AMS will be doing a complete teardown/analysis, with full documentation and pictures .

No one even knows who I'm talking about hence the PMs I'm getting(sorry for not replying), and I haven't said anything, but the truth of what I've witnessed/what has happened, so no slander on my behalf. Good day folks lol.

Last edited by widebody350; 07-27-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:42 AM
XKR

Edited*******

Widebody......tell your friend no one can sue him/her for posting the truth about his/her experience. Have you read some of the post on "The Official Shop Rating Thread"? .....some are reeeeeal bad....even my shop of choice got hammered........but it's the customers experience and he/she has the right to post it.

Could one of you please break this story down a little for me.....hard to read this from an iPhone At one point I think this is about AAM....and then at times it seems like it's about another shop

Last edited by XKR; 07-28-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:02 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Widebody......tell your friend no one can sue him/her for posting the truth about his/her experience. Have you read some of the post on there about other shops.....some are reeeeeal mad.....but it's the costumers experience and he/she has the right to post it.

Could one of you please break this story down a little for me.....hard to read this from an iPhone At one point I think this is about AAM....and then at times it seems like it's about another shop
Mike check your pm.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:39 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Mike check your pm.
Thanks Keith
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 AM
lek at ngc

oh wowsers.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
ajcool2

Widebody, there is shop rating thread. Perhaps your friend could explain the situation there and leave accurate feedback as many others have already done? https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ng-thread.html
I just might post in that thread because I too have a story that I feel like I should tell.

Edit: Nevermind its for FI only.

Last edited by ajcool2; 07-28-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by ajcool2
I just might post in that thread because I too have a story that I feel like I should tell.

Edit: Nevermind its for FI only.
Yea once upon a time I tried telling my non-F/I story as well. Didn't matter then for some reason. I know plenty of other F/I owners that haven't posted though. Not sure why that shop treats customers the way it does . What goes around, comes around.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Yea once upon a time I tried telling my non-F/I story as well. Didn't matter then for some reason. I know plenty of other F/I owners that haven't posted though. Not sure why that shop treats customers the way it does . What goes around, comes around.
I have heard a few stories but for some reason never see them online...
Old 07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

read the last few pages, came to the conclusion that this is no longer in correlation with the OP. New thread? Or continue to PM,

I know both widebody and Driven, a viable solution is able to be derived. Hopefully it is done soon and right, good luck to the both of you.

Bryce
Old 07-29-2010, 11:09 AM
TwoFiveBar

---

Last edited by TwoFiveBar; 03-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by TwoFiveBar
^ +1

As this thread is vague and the content does not reflect the title, to clarify for anyone else who is unsure:

The last few pages of conflict is NOT about AAM.
I think we all new who its about
Old 07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

unneccesary

Last edited by djamps; 08-13-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:06 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW.....
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry what was this thread about again? All I see is Booobies.