Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Fatlace article on fake wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dont look down on those who run "cheaper" alternatives. The only time I do is when these queers put Volk stickers on their fawking Rotas and are now posing. And they cant even get the real stickers so the f@ggots roll around with fake EBAY Volk stickers on Rotas or some$hit...
Old 10-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cux350z
manufacturing processes are not the same. Labor is cheaper, they use cheaper materials ect
You can't say that for sure unless you know that details behind the manufacturing processes of all the companies. Just like anything else, manufacturing processes are copied as well. Big companies outsource for cheaper labor and materials all the time to same the company money but you may not see a penny in savings as a consumer.

Don't get me wrong. I'm rolling on authentic 19" Volk GT-7 now and couldn't be happier (until I have to clean them) but I'm not going to look down on the guy who might have achieved the same look with knock-off's. He just got a better deal on his wheels is the way I look at it.

BTW. All wheels curb rash the same.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 996 Likes on 756 Posts

replicas = cast for the most part
authentic = forged for the most part

cast != forged by a long shot.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Havok_RLS2

replicas = cast for the most part
authentic = forged for the most part

cast != forged by a long shot.
???? What's your point?
Your assuming replicas are all cast and authentic are all forged and you'd assuming wrong. Rays has both CAST and Forge process they use on different wheels as well as a lot of other manufacturers.

Ray's wheel Process

Identical manufacturing processes yet different company or perhaps they use the same equipment?

Flowforming alloy wheels with DENN flowforming machine
Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like rotas. If i can get the style for a cheaper price i will. I know the quality isn't like volks but i can't see myself buying $4k worth of rims when i can spread that cash around on other things.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Havok are you retarded? Serious question.

You quoted me and i said "for the most part"
That means that I am not assuming all reps and auth wheels are cast or forged respectively.

How many rota copies of bilks are cast versions of a forged wheel?

Last edited by Cux350z; 10-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Havok_RLS2

Havok are you retarded? Serious question.
You quoted me and i said "for the most part"
That means that I am not assuming all reps and auth wheels are cast or forged respectively.
How many rota copies of bilks are cast versions of a forged wheel?
That just means that "for the most part" your answers could be full of **** now doesn't it? You could have just said that "for the most part" I was right and you were WRONG "for the most part". "For the most part" you could have just shut the hell up and not replied to my post.

Your original post said "manufacturing processes are NOT the same, labor is cheaper, they use cheaper materials ect". You didn't use your "for the most part" quote in that statment which pretty much means to me that you're attempting to make a factual statment. The only problem is that YOU ARE WRONG! Your "for the most part" statment is nothing more than your failed attempt to be just a little more right now isn't it? Were you hoping that being just a little vague with your later reply would keep you safe from looking like a total dumba$$? Wrong again!
You posted a BS statement, I called you out on it and you get mad and ask me if I'm retarded? You serious?

Yes. I'm the worlds biggest Retard but I have Complete Mind Control over a little a$$-hat like you so much that YOU are going to reply to my post instead of drop the issue. You are going to reply because you wont be able to stand being WRONG and not having that last word. Your going to do this because this "Retard" (Me) controls your very existence. You will be a Mind B!tch to this "retard" (me).

BTW? You still "Unemployed for the most part!" < taken from your own profile information. Doh!

Talk to you soon.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 10-10-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

yup, you really confirmed your retardation. The reason why I replied to your post if because you were spouting bullcrap that needed correction.

I am not wrong and you are the moron if you really think rota/varrosten/jbl manufacturing processes are the same as Rays.

For one, varrosten and jbl only made CAST replicas. They were CAST replicas of a RAYS FORGED wheel. I guarantee the materials were different and it is obvious that casting is not the same MANUFACTURING process as forging.

Please find me 1 forged replica of a cast wheel and 1 forged replica of a forged wheel. I dont know Rotas full lineup but I doubt they have a single forged wheel in it or any other replica manufacturer. There is a reason for this, forging cost more to do than casting but it provides a higher quality wheel.

Rota, Var, JBL use CASTING because its cheaper. They work out of countries where the labor is cheap. Replica manufacturers cut cost in quality,materials and labor.

WTG with your little mind control post...when you know you've lost an debate you resort to petty crap like that.

Oh and about the unemployed part........lol if you really think that.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 AM
SniperHunter

My wheels cost $550 in total (no tires). They're unique. They're lighter or as light as a Forged Volk wheel (18" 21lbs). They get compliments every day. People have offered as much as $2K before knowing they weren't worth anywhere near that. And they've taken quite a NYC beating without a chip or bend. Is it the best wheel? No. But it sure as hell is a fantastic looking rim, that's lightweight, sturdy, and inexpensive. Win, win, win for me.

All in all...my honest opinion is that wheel manufacturers overprice like crazy. I had someone tip me off once that the profit margins on these wheels is ridiculously huge and that they aren't worth anywhere near what most high-end wheel makes ask for.

Last edited by SniperHunter; 10-10-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

They're worth whatever the buyer will pay.

I dont know about you guys but replicas keep getting more $$$ as well. Rotas are no longer a cheap wheel, they knock on the 1k door, same as vars.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Havok_RLS2

yup, you really confirmed your retardation. The reason why I replied to your post if because you were spouting bullcrap that needed correction.
No. You replied because I Mind F*cked you and you felt like you needed to have the last word. You are my B1tch puppet and I will call you Pinocchio.
Contrary to what you may believe your not the authority on the subject and nobody cares too much about your opinion anyway.

I am not wrong and you are the moron if you really think rota/varrosten/jbl manufacturing processes are the same as Rays.
And because your an idiot Pinocchio, you failed to understand that I wasn't saying that rota/varrosten/jbl manufacturing processes are the same as Rays. I'm saying that RAYS manufacturing processes is NOT exclusive to only RAYS and their manufacturing processes can be copied or duplicated just as easy as their wheel design. RAYS makes both Forged and Cast wheels and there are a lot of high end wheels companies that don't even Forged or Cast wheels their own wheels. They buy blanks from source/supplier like www.aluminumprecision.com and just create the finished product on their in-house CNC machines. This also means that multiple wheel companies could be in fact using that same source for their wheel blanks which would mean at least that part of their manufacturing processes would be exactly the same "For the most part".

For one, varrosten and jbl only made CAST replicas. They were CAST replicas of a RAYS FORGED wheel. I guarantee the materials were different and it is obvious that casting is not the same MANUFACTURING process as forging.
Nobody is arguing the fact the Casting is different from Forged you tool.
Varrstoen claims to use both casting and forging process on their website but I suppose you must know better they they would. You know who else uses a Cast/Forging process? RAYS Idiot!
BTW you can't guarantee crap unless you have inside knowledge of the metallurgical materials used by all those companies. There is more that one grade of aluminum used in manufacturing idiot.

Please find me 1 forged replica of a cast wheel and 1 forged replica of a forged wheel. I dont know Rotas full lineup but I doubt they have a single forged wheel in it or any other replica manufacturer. There is a reason for this, forging cost more to do than casting but it provides a higher quality wheel.
I say again... "Nobody is arguing the fact the Casting is different from Forged you TOOL." I said their manufacturing processes can be copied or duplicated just as easy as their wheel design.

Rota, Var, JBL use CASTING because its cheaper. They work out of countries where the labor is cheap. Replica manufacturers cut cost in quality,materials and labor.
There is a name for when companies maintain part or all there workforce out of countries where the materials and labor cheaper.
It's called "Outsourcing" idiot and a lot of companies do it including MACKIN Industries. Look it up.

WTG with your little mind control post...when you know you've lost an debate you resort to petty crap like that.
It was my failed attempt to persuade you NOT to reply to my post and drop the argument but sadly you where too stupid to get the hint. The only thing you did is give me yet another opportunity to make you look like a immature dumba$$ kid whose fixated on "Forged is better the Cast" and all non RAYS wheels = Cast fakes.

Oh and about the unemployed part........lol if you really think that.
Living at home with you mom and selling her prescription drugs to your buddies is not the same as being employed so yeah I really think that "for the most part".
You wrote it Idiot.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
My wheels cost $550 in total (no tires). They're unique. They're lighter or as light as a Forged Volk wheel (18" 21lbs). They get compliments every day. People have offered as much as $2K before knowing they weren't worth anywhere near that. And they've taken quite a NYC beating without a chip or bend. Is it the best wheel? No. But it sure as hell is a fantastic looking rim, that's lightweight, sturdy, and inexpensive. Win, win, win for me.

All in all...my honest opinion is that wheel manufacturers overprice like crazy. I had someone tip me off once that the profit margins on these wheels is ridiculously huge and that they aren't worth anywhere near what most high-end wheel makes ask for.
THANK YOU!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Adon

hehe, gotta love full blown custom 3 piece wheels.... no cheapo replica company will copy that ****, it's a costly process if they tried copying they would have to charge almost as much as the authentic, haha

I always love reading everyones responses about this specific argument, I feel both sides of the argument but at the same time it's hilarious

Last edited by Adon; 10-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Havok and Cux350Z......can you guys simmer down or take it to PM.......please .
Old 10-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
No. You replied because I Mind F*cked you and you felt like you needed to have the last word. You are my B1tch puppet and I will call you Pinocchio.
Contrary to what you may believe your not the authority on the subject and nobody cares too much about your opinion anyway.

And because your an idiot Pinocchio, you failed to understand that I wasn't saying that rota/varrosten/jbl manufacturing processes are the same as Rays. I'm saying that RAYS manufacturing processes is NOT exclusive to only RAYS and their manufacturing processes can be copied or duplicated just as easy as their wheel design. RAYS makes both Forged and Cast wheels and there are a lot of high end wheels companies that don't even Forged or Cast wheels their own wheels. They buy blanks from source/supplier like www.aluminumprecision.com and just create the finished product on their in-house CNC machines. This also means that multiple wheel companies could be in fact using that same source for their wheel blanks which would mean at least that part of their manufacturing processes would be exactly the same "For the most part".

Nobody is arguing the fact the Casting is different from Forged you tool.
Varrstoen claims to use both casting and forging process on their website but I suppose you must know better they they would. You know who else uses a Cast/Forging process? RAYS Idiot!
BTW you can't guarantee crap unless you have inside knowledge of the metallurgical materials used by all those companies. There is more that one grade of aluminum used in manufacturing idiot.

I say again... "Nobody is arguing the fact the Casting is different from Forged you TOOL." I said their manufacturing processes can be copied or duplicated just as easy as their wheel design.

There is a name for when companies maintain part or all there workforce out of countries where the materials and labor cheaper.
It's called "Outsourcing" idiot and a lot of companies do it including MACKIN Industries. Look it up.

It was my failed attempt to persuade you NOT to reply to my post and drop the argument but sadly you where too stupid to get the hint. The only thing you did is give me yet another opportunity to make you look like a immature dumba$$ kid whose fixated on "Forged is better the Cast" and all non RAYS wheels = Cast fakes.

Living at home with you mom and selling her prescription drugs to your buddies is not the same as being employed so yeah I really think that "for the most part".
You wrote it Idiot.
a little on the edge much?

I am an immature dumbass kid? do i sense jealousy?

Who is the one making all the personal insults?

you think I dont know much about Volks? I have owned 3 sets, all from the GT series which have cast spokes and forged barrels.

So instead of actually insulting me maybe you could actually debate the original debate and maybe find a replica forged wheel of a cast wheel or of a forged wheel.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:02 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"You get what you paid for". But if I can get more by paying the same or getting the same but paying less, hell yea I'd totally do it! The reason why Chinese people moved to America is because we embrace Capitalism!