Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Function Tuned???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Easier way to say it is.

1 person who has a bad experience can keep 10 people from coming in.
It takes 10 people with good experiences to bring 1 person in.
Absolutely correct, F:T has never been one to nickel and dime, even when time's were rough, he has gone above and beyond to keep customer satisfaction his main priority and start spending out of his own pocket to make sure a car was tuned right and the customer was happy with the outcome. I can only say from personal experience that he has never charged me an extra cent over than what he and I thought were right, if anything I'm sure I probably cost him more money, but he never asked for anything else more in return. And to make accusation's about how to run a business when you pretty much never worked a day in your life
Old 10-11-2010, 12:36 PM
bd0g36

I'm sorry to hear that all this has happened. I have had a ton of work done by Dave, and everything has been fine. I've been boosted for 20k dd miles now and my car still runs like new. I think this may be a case of Dave taking on too much and getting overwhelmed by the quantity and maybe letting customer service take a hit. So maybe downsizing his operation could end up being a good thing for him in the long run.

I hope it all works out...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by bb1314
I understand the saying "customers are always right" is really hard to swallow for business owners. But at the same time happy customers create positive reputation and reputation determines success/failure of a business. The way I look at it right now is that regardless of whether Function:Tuned was at fault or not over these heated discussions we have here, there are pissed off customers running around telling the whole world they are not happy. Function:Tuned is doing something wrong from a business stand point. Say 30% of people believe what the pissed off customers say and the other 70% of people don't. The business already lost that 30% of customers FOREVER. Don't **** off your customers! At some point a business just got to look at things in a bigger picture, suck it up and move on...
this is HILLS GARAGE has such a growing customer base, the customer always leaves with a smile on their face because their car is the way they want it and never has a question unanswered..... there is a reason why people sched a oil change a month in advance just to get in. there is a reason why he is booked 2 months out with performance work.... customer service is the key in any business.... frank bust his a** to make every customer happy and treats every customer's car like its his own.
FRANK HILL HAS developed and is developing a team and business that will be very hard to compete with.....
F.T. i wish you guys the best in your rebuild... but please take a look at your mistakes and go from there and never make the same mistake twice.... i know you guys and like you guys you just need to regroup and continue doing what you love doing and thats working on cars...
best of luck
Old 10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Absolutely correct, F:T has never been one to nickel and dime, even when time's were rough, he has gone above and beyond to keep customer satisfaction his main priority and start spending out of his own pocket to make sure a car was tuned right and the customer was happy with the outcome. I can only say from personal experience that he has never charged me an extra cent over than what he and I thought were right, if anything I'm sure I probably cost him more money, but he never asked for anything else more in return. And to make accusation's about how to run a business when you pretty much never worked a day in your life
I agree with this totally and it is Ian that has this personal vendetta against his old room mate so i dont listen to any of his fuking bullsh!t remarks.The other people that have had problems with FT should just take it up with Dave.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:15 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by jeffie7
So since they were roommates even if he paid full price did he enter into the favor zone? Is things as bad as they are made out to be or blown out of proportion.

No matter what, The shop is no more. So I guess it doesn't really matter, even more so since the guy with the issues is only trying to help spread the word of what happened to him so it wont happen to anyone else.
For clarification, the main issues I've stated are not from my own build or installs, but what my friends have had to deal with, or what I have witnessed, so there were no favors done or expectations of favors. I never even brought up any issues that do not pertain to the shop, as that would take value away from what I have to say. Thing is that the link to the GTR forums isn't even what I have to say, it's a first hand account of what the owner of the GTR/Evo experienced with the shop.

I'm glad you've had a positive experience. As I stated before in this thread; some of you are friends with the individual, are treated well, don't see how others are treated, and feel the need to defend your friend. All of this is understandable, but it is hard for you to make statements such as this when others have experienced treatment such as "nickel and diming" like the GTR owner, 2005G35, my friend, or myself.

I think it is a comment on your character and your argument that you feel the need to make personal comments, when you do not know me. I've done everything from working at a deli, to event promotion in DC, to sending cars to the Middle East, while going to school and have been accepted to several international medical schools(much cheaper) in my 22 years. BTW I never told anyone how to run their business, just said customer service is key.

Originally Posted by superchargedg
I agree with this totally and it is Ian that has this personal vendetta against his old room mate so i dont listen to any of his fuking bullsh!t remarks.The other people that have had problems with FT should just take it up with Dave.
Who are you? Saying my name as if you know me, when all you've done is read it on these forums.

Don't listen to my bullsh*t? I haven't said anything that isn't fact. It's not just me check the link or 2005G35, or the fact that the shop went out of business and Hills is backed up for a couple of months?

People tried to take things up with the owner and got nothing but threatened or verbally abused by the owner.

I have not made things personal, never once have I brought up something unrelated to the business practices that I have issues with. If someone f*cked over your friend for a lot of money, when you recommended that they go there would you not be upset?

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....ic=42749&st=20

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....opic=43603&hl=

It's admirable that you stick up for your friend, but belittling me or what others or myself have to say is unacceptable. Think about the way it looks, the friend you are defending made things personal in a previous thread, and now the two people defending him are trying to make things personal. It is a sign of a lost argument when one has to resort to such measures.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by widebody350
I think it is a comment on your character and your argument that you feel the need to make personal comments, when you do not know me. I've done everything from working at a deli, to event promotion in DC, to sending cars to the Middle East, while going to school and have been accepted to several international medical schools(much cheaper) in my 22 years. BTW I never told anyone how to run their business, just said customer service is key.
Only reason I stated about never working a day in your life, I banged one of your sloppy seconds and when I asked her how she knew you she made that claim.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Jgrizzle

/thread now
Old 10-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Hills nuthuggers are p!ssing me off mentioning any other shop in this thread is tacky.

Im down for repping shops you have good experiences with, but fawk off with it in a thread like this.

I have no comment in the issue at hand because Im not invloved. In my dealing with Dave for parts or service he has always been honest and direct with me. That is all I have to say.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 AM
XKR

Ian........Ian......IAN !!!

Only reason I stated about never working a day in your life, I banged one of your sloppy seconds and when I asked her how she knew you she made that claim.
Ok !! Now you have my attention... Tell me more
No good movie is without sex...

Last edited by XKR; 10-12-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
widebody350

Lol.

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
/thread now
This. You guys have a nice day.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Old 10-12-2010, 07:55 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by XKR
Ian........Ian......IAN !!!

Ok !! Now you have my attention... Tell me more
No good movie is without sex...
A girl named Chrissy but she goes by Christina sometimes.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this is getting really juicy. Forget about Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by Alberto
The Hills nuthuggers are p!ssing me off mentioning any other shop in this thread is tacky.

Im down for repping shops you have good experiences with, but fawk off with it in a thread like this.

I have no comment in the issue at hand because Im not invloved. In my dealing with Dave for parts or service he has always been honest and direct with me. That is all I have to say.
I think this is very well said. I rarely get involved with shop threads, but I think this post is right on.

I too cannot comment on the current situation, but I have never had an issue with the work performed on my vehicle from F: T
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

BTW guys I'm opening a new shop called "Function:Lo's Garage". I provide the best customer service and charge you a fraction of what other shops would charge. I'm taking mechanic classes at a community college and currently I'm learning how to do oil change. Stay tuned!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
XKR

I see...any pix of Chrissy/Christina....this thread will not be complete without a few pix!!

BTW guys I'm opening a new shop called "Function:Lo's Garage". I provide the best customer service and charge you a fraction of what other shops would charge. I'm taking mechanic classes at a community college and currently I'm learning how to do oil change. Stay tuned!!!
Expected graduation date??

+

Last edited by XKR; 10-12-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tuning in
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM
shocka04

Originally Posted by Alberto

+1, The Hills nuthuggers are starting to remind me of the PF nuthuggers for those that know what I'm talking about
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by shocka04
+1, The Hills nuthuggers are starting to remind me of the PF nuthuggers for those that know what I'm talking about
And the AAM nuthuggers and the F:T nuthuggers and the Car Toyz 2 nuthuggers... etc, etc....

Friendship is friendship! Business is business!

Quick Reply: Function Tuned???