Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Function Tuned???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnabas
What happened to them??

I have heard reports of them moving out and of an eviction notice on there door late last week???

Anyone know what happened???
Just in case anyone forgot the original post......
Old 10-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by Driven1
All,

To put rumors to rest. I will give a quick update and be VERY general as Im not sure what can and cannot be said due to legal issues.

Both Dave and I are fine. It's been a VERY rough couple months and I regret to inform everyone that F:T is no longer at that location. The company is still active and will remain "in business" to fight out some legal issues with customers who will remain unnamed (no one who is on these boards that I know of).

Unfortunately as we all know surviving as a small business in an economy like this is hard enough...to make it even harder...when customers can't pay their bills and/or charge back nearly ALL of their payments via CC dispute after taking delivery of their car SEVERELY hurts cash flow and makes paying the costs of overhead nearly impossible.

Yes, there are avenues for the seller to dispute and file liens for payment/title acquisition, etc, however that takes time and is a whole process that unfortunately doesn't pay the bills in the mean time while also paying legal fees. Both Dave and myself will be available to help those in our community still and when a new location is acquired you all will be the first to know and be invited to the opening party as this is the community who supported us from day one.

Dave and I both thank you all for all the support you have given over the years and I'm sure we'll be back.

And just in case people forgot the answer from the Manager at F:T

/thread
Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Gator

Originally Posted by bb1314
And the AAM nuthuggers and the F:T nuthuggers and the Car Toyz 2 nuthuggers... etc, etc....

Friendship is friendship! Business is business!
+1 who died and appointed the nuthugger callers king?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who are you? Saying my name as if you know me, when all you've done is read it on these forums.

Don't listen to my bullsh*t? I haven't said anything that isn't fact. It's not just me check the link or 2005G35, or the fact that the shop went out of business and Hills is backed up for a couple of months?

People tried to take things up with the owner and got nothing but threatened or verbally abused by the owner.

I have not made things personal, never once have I brought up something unrelated to the business practices that I have issues with. If someone f*cked over your friend for a lot of money, when you recommended that they go there would you not be upset?

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....ic=42749&st=20

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....opic=43603&hl=

It's admirable that you stick up for your friend, but belittling me or what others or myself have to say is unacceptable. Think about the way it looks, the friend you are defending made things personal in a previous thread, and now the two people defending him are trying to make things personal. It is a sign of a lost argument when one has to resort to such measures.

First off i dont know you and dont give a rats a$$ about you but it seems like you are hell bent at destroying Dave.We are not friends at all and i have only done a little business with him but i think you are going over the top and are an idiot for doing it.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 AM
thefireboy

i personally think you guys should take this argument to couples counseling
Old 10-13-2010, 02:31 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thefireboy
i personally think you guys should take this argument to couples counseling
LMAO
Old 10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
NNOCENT

Dave has always taken good care of my car when it was in his possession.

Every person is different, but i think widebody350 is beating a dead horse by screaming F:T sucks in every single thread.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Pretty sure if Hill's ever hosts a bikini car wash it's over for any other shops in the Mid-A...besides E10's new shop.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
2008G35xsInMD

Wow, this thread has seriously taken some crazy turns.

Originally Posted by superchargedg
The other people that have had problems with FT should just take it up with Dave.
It will get you no where. People should vote with the money and take there cars elsewhere like they obviously did. Hopefully if he opens up again he decides not to screw people (like he did me) and maybe he'll stay open.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Gator

Originally Posted by 2008G35xsInMD
Wow, this thread has seriously taken some crazy turns.

It will get you no where. People should vote with the money and take there cars elsewhere like they obviously did. Hopefully if he opens up again he decides not to screw people (like he did me) and maybe he'll stay open.
Would be nice but I don't think It's in his makeup/nature.

Last edited by Gator; 10-25-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:34 AM
dj lizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry every one. But all what is going on over here is bullsh!t. I have taken my work to a lot of places and one of them is the place that the eve/gtr owner took his car to. And it was the worst experience ever. Even though one of my friends know them very will
The story is I took my z to replace the clutch+flywheel they end up breaking the studs in the crank shaft. Tried to fix it failed to do so. Then they told my we have to rebuild ur engine and u have to pay "is it the fact that I'm from middle east means I'm an *** hole!!". Any way I was cuz I ended up paying the labor of an uncompleted job. Took my car to Dave @ f:t. After buying a full engine from one of the guys in the forum. Spook with Dave about the issue I have with my z. He took my car inspected it. Even called the guy who I bought the engine from to make shore every time was ok. He worked on the car time was less the 2 weeks. And when I came to pick up my z, he gave me a estimate on the possible next step to mod my z. That's what I call good customer serves. That's also brought me back with my roommate g37 he did the bolt-ons on it.

And the guy with the fender roll "plz did u chick out the prices of the good shops that does fender roll one of them is mr.spoiler we did the fender roll for 300$ for the rear fenderns only".

That what brings me to the prices part the prices in any shop here in va is over rated. I respect all the shops around here but the best when it comes to 350/370z and g35/37. Will be F:T.

Good luck Dave and the rest of the guys in function tuned.

Hope u guys open really soon cuz I have. 2 evos10, g37, 370z, and my 350z waiting for u guys "don't want to take my business else where even if I had to pay more"
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Jgrizzle

No way the Orioles the make the post season next year
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM
ZRuggernDC

Wow.. THis thread turned into a pissing contest.

When I got my car done - The first people to touch it was AAM. Talk about jacking the price of bolt-ons up from what was originally covered. I'm just glad they didn't eff up my car.

I went to a meet and all those nice little high dollar bolt ons left me in the rear as everyone passed me by on the highway with turbos and super chargers. As a matter of fact the Z was so under powered I couldnt even drift around a parked truck (GZilla was there he knows what I am talking about). What was the next step?

I went to Dave at Function:Tuned and told him what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go with my Z. Drift. Nothing else mattered. Buying parts from GTM and Forged and online investing time and energy in research we came up with the best built car I have ever owned in my entire life.

My experience: The first week I noticed some white smoke coming outta my tail pipes. Freaked me out. Called Dave up and went and saw him and dropped the car off. Needed an oil catch can. Bought an Arc for bling and problem solved.

We took the car to the track and myself and the Function:Tuned crew froze our asses off in the cold winter and learned how to drift at the track. Great times.

A bit further down the road in time - HKS finally released their Turbo Timer Type 1 (Blue). I was waiting and waiting for this so I called Dave up dropped the car off and he called me to come pick it up. When I picked it up and turned the car on hoping that my custom Blue interior was complete I found a blaring Red HKS Type 0. Dave and I exchanged some words and basically he was convinced that I told him to get me the Type 0, which was a total contrast to anything I would ever spend my money on. His solution was that I buy another HKS Type 1 and he would install it for free and we could try to sell the Type 0. I didn't agree with that course of action. It pissed me off. I paid for services and rolled out.

A bit later down the road in time - My passenger side front rotor was having some issues. I called up Function:Tuned and he was jam packed with cars so a new shop had opened up in Maryland with a great tech from AAM running it. Talking to the guy you would think his wife was a Nissan car as opposed to the great gal he does have, thats how passionate he is about cars and his work and his business. So he called Wilwood, replaced the brake master cylinder, the rotor, and added some Tein Tie end rods and some SPL parts to the suspension. Car was even more of a beast when drifting. That shop was Hill's Garage.

I believe that no matter what you gotta do whats right for you and yourself. Regardless of what some *** clown might tell you about his experiences. Everybody is different. Thats the way the world turns.

While owning my Z I have had varied experiences: Starting off terrible through ending awesome. I appreciate all the hours and hard work Function:Tuned put into my car. I damn sure aint on nobodies pay roll to say any of this. I am going from my experience with the shops I have had personal experience with.

Last edited by ZRuggernDC; 10-26-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:03 AM
dj lizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zruggerndc u r right. What this and any other car forum is learning and knowing good people. One of them is Dave. Regardless to what people think. Today no one would give u info for free. on installation parts and prices. The way I think about modding cars is if u learn then pay then move on to the next project. Although my age is not that much. I have had some experience in the modding community. E46bmw and chevy trucks. And I come from a family that even my father mod cars. So I think having a person to guide u on ur way to not do any thing stupid. That is learning from others mistakes.

Hope every one know how hard to loss someone like those guys from the z community is such a lost
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 AM
2008G35xsInMD

There's going to be those that had great experiences with Dave and those that didn't. As seen above, some had great experiences with him but others did not (myself and many others included, search these forums and G35driver).
As for the prices on rolled fenders, I could have gone to a local shop that people recommended that was lower in price but did quality work to have my fenders rolled. Either way its done and old news.
There are other shops in the area who will pick up the work from Function Tuned and carry on. There's no shortage of good shops in the area.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
ratm68

same pattern over and over again. if not one shop it's another. Think about it, typical car junkie have a fan-boy mentality, "jdm" "euro" whatever, we see what's hot and we jump on it like it's the best thing since slice bread.

Shop will come and go and when one door closes, everyone line up at the bus stop to jump on the next bandwagon. I'm sure everybody remember the AAM days, when the FT bandwagon got started, and now it's on to the next shop.

a year or two from now, we might singing the same songs again...
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Now I know why I wasn't getting a call-back! I guess I need to start lurking the boards again..
Old 11-26-2010, 03:58 AM
makecopies

Sooooo is F:I open? I live out here so it would be mad convenient!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by makecopies
Sooooo is F:I open? I live out here so it would be mad convenient!
Nope.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:42 PM
NNOCENT

F:I?

Function:Industries

Quick Reply: Function Tuned???