Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Barny how long you been doing Insanity?

Funny today is my 4th day. Having completed P90X before, this is much different. Much harder cardio and legs wise. Sore everywhere, whereas the hurt from P90 is more specific to the day, but its much more intense in certain areas.

If I dont see good improvement in 1 month I'll go back to P90. Too much fawking drinking and $hit eating lately.

Robbie-Im done with the guns for awhile, too much stuff going on and I kinda recently bought a 45 I dont even have 500 rds thru

jgrizzle-where do you do Crossfit? There is a place down the street from me Ive thought about trying.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:05 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto

Funny today is my 4th day. Having completed P90X before, this is much different. Much harder cardio and legs wise. Sore everywhere, whereas the hurt from P90 is more specific to the day, but its much more intense in certain areas.

If I dont see good improvement in 1 month I'll go back to P90. Too much fawking drinking and $hit eating lately.

Robbie-Im done with the guns for awhile, too much stuff going on and I kinda recently bought a 45 I dont even have 500 rds thru

jgrizzle-where do you do Crossfit? There is a place down the street from me Ive thought about trying.
I'm about to start P90! Just got the software. Any warnings or suggestions for a newbie who'd depended on fast metabolism all his life and never really worked out consistently?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by bb1314
I'm about to start P90! Just got the software. Any warnings or suggestions for a newbie who'd depended on fast metabolism all his life and never really worked out consistently?
At a minimum try your best to eat cleaner. Use 100% whey protein to supplement a few times a day, it helps you recover.

Use the log every workout, or you are wasting your time and wont be able to track goals and starting points for the next workout.

For M/F you need to push on the pullups/chinups. If you cant do it, dont be ashamed to use a chair. I couldnt do 4 pulls ups to start (NEVER did them prior in my life) by the last day I could do sets of 20 for about 4 or 5 sets in one workout.

Keep in mind M/W/F is abs AFTER a 45-1hr workout, so leave time for that. In the beginning I couldn't do abs immediately after the workout Id take a break and then do it.

Tuesdays suck its Plyo, and arguably the hardest day of every week and every month. Push yourself the hardest on this day, you will kind of learn to love it. Do the bonus round or consider yourself a vagina.

I never did Thursday which is Yoga I used it for rest. I never skipped Saturday its good cardio. I lost 23lbs when I did it and my cardio was insane.

Any other Q's once you start feel free to ask...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my second week but I have only been doing workouts 3 days a week. I am going to to try to step it up to the full amount of time. I have already started to notice improvement though. I have already started to slim up.

I also started to do them barefoot. For whatever reason I get allot more out of the workout and am not soo sore in just one area. I think my shoes were causing my feet and areas of my shin to hurt more. I love working out barefoot now.

I have burned copys of the dvd's so I need to get ahold of the training schedule so I can try to follow it.

Best thing for me is drinking a protein shake right after. I usually buy the muscle milk box's that are pre mixed (23g protein 11oz shake) . I dont usually get too sore for too long. After my first workout though my calves hurt so bad I could barely walk . Lasted like 3 days till they were back to normal.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Oh man I know you have a weird work schedule but you have to do it full time!

After day 1 fit test I didnt think I could push onto day 2 but I did. Today is rest/cardio Im hoping its an easier workout. I like being sore it means Im working out muscles and losing my beer gut lol

I may have to try them barefoot, I did some P90 days that way I also felt like my shoes made some muscles more sore.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Barnabas

Oh man I know you have a weird work schedule but you have to do it full time!

After day 1 fit test I didnt think I could push onto day 2 but I did. Today is rest/cardio Im hoping its an easier workout. I like being sore it means Im working out muscles and losing my beer gut lol

I may have to try them barefoot, I did some P90 days that way I also felt like my shoes made some muscles more sore.
I just did rest/recovery this morning!!! To me its easier heart rate wise but man does it make your thighs sore still a great workout and will also help loosen you up. Lots of stretches.

What is the schedule im supposed to follow?? Ill just do my best to stay on schedule despite my work schedule.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Calendar starts with Monday not Sunday btw...

Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

really holding back on buying crap for the Z this sucks...
Old 07-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Barnabas

Calendar starts with Monday not Sunday btw...

THANKS!!

We had pizza at work here for lunch since on of the contractors treated everyone. So I think I may do a second workout when I get home.

2x a day for the rest of this week should do me some good since Im headed to ocean city on monday
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Main thing people need to do and almost no one does is count calories.

Know whats going in every single day if you dont then you're just hoping for success.

Or if you want guaranteed results you could just do an ABC Diet (tm Shin INC)
https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...-abc-diet.html
Just remember, for every lb of fat you lose, you need to pay shin .10c, for every lb of muscle you lose, you'll have to pay shin $1.00
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 PM
khrisxyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS SUNDAY!!
JDM ORIGINS car show is providing a show to support the EAST COAST CAR Scene.

Come on out and showcase your vehicle and compete for top honors and awards. This event is located at the historic, legendary Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia only an hour away from Baltimore and 45 min from the nation's capitol.

Roll in starts at 8:30AM
Show Registration includes one event ticket '
$35 online preregistration or $40 cash onsite

Online Registration link-
https://jdmorigins.webconn​ex.com/showreg2011

Facebook Event page-http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221547661213688

CONTACT JDMOrigins@gmail.com for CAR SHOW, VENDOR, and MODEL LOUNGE information

Car Show Awards will be at 5pm

Please EMAIL jdmorigins@gmail.com if you and your team are interested in attending.

CAR SHOW CLASSES
Car Show Registration $35 online-
https://jdmorigins.webconn​ex.com/showreg2011

OVERALL "BEST OF" AWARDS
Overall Best of Show($150)
Overall Best Team - Combined Team Points ($150)
Overall Best Team - Represent

OVERALL MANUFACTURERS AWARD (1st and 2nd)
Overall Best Acura
Overall Best Domestic
Overall Best Euro
Overall Best Female Vehicle
Overall Best Honda
Overall Best Honda Civic
Overall Best Lexus
Overall Best Mazda
Overall Best Mitsubishi
Overall Best Nissan
Overall Best Nissan Fairlady Z
Overall Best Infiniti
Overall Best Scion
Overall Best Subaru
Overall Best Toyota
Overall Best Other Import
Overall Best Trucks/SUV
Overall Best JDM
Overall Best VIP

OVERALL BEST OLD SCHOOL CATEGORY pre-1987 (1st-2nd)
Overall Best JDM
Overall Best Euro
Overall Best Domestic

THe JDM ORIGINS car show is the featured attraction for the EAST COAST DRIFTING CHAMPIONSHIP! SO come out and also see some of the hottest pro-am drifting action from up and down the EAST COAST

FOR MORE INFORMATION please contact JDMORIGINS@gmail.com

\
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Resize the pic, please.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 AM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Main thing people need to do and almost no one does is count calories.

Know whats going in every single day if you dont then you're just hoping for success.

Or if you want guaranteed results you could just do an ABC Diet (tm Shin INC)
https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...-abc-diet.html
Just remember, for every lb of fat you lose, you need to pay shin .10c, for every lb of muscle you lose, you'll have to pay shin $1.00

I eat a high protein low carb diet, I dont really "count" my calories but I track how much I eat in a day and try to limit it, and make sure for the most part its healthy foods.

DO you have the recipe for snow peas that you had at your one get together on your website?? Nicole wants me to make them for her. I dodnt even remember what they were/looked like/ tasted like but she said she had them at your house and loved them lol

Last edited by Barnabas; 07-29-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Counting calories is for $hit pushers and f@ggots who wear skinny jeans. I am neither. I know how to eat healthy and lose weight when I need to.

I like being fit but don't try to be shredded or super jacked. I like to eat nasty foods now and then and drink and not live life by a calorie counter. Fawk that noise.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Counting calories is for $hit pushers and f@ggots who wear skinny jeans. I am neither. I know how to eat healthy and lose weight when I need to.

I like being fit but don't try to be shredded or super jacked. I like to eat nasty foods now and then and drink and not live life by a calorie counter. Fawk that noise.
Counting calories is only a hassle the first week or so, once you figure out all your basic go to foods you'll get an idea of what you're eating and can be within a hundred or two calories daily without counting.

The people I know who have had big changes with their body have ALL counted calories. The others are all people who drop 10 lbs and gain 5 drop 7 lbs and gain 10 and drop 5 lbs then gain 6 have all been the same. They work out when they can and try to eat "better: bottom line, most people have no clue how much food they eat or dont eat.

From fat people who dropped 200lbs, to 150lb guys who are now a ripped 190lbs.

Skinny guys always eat way to much yet eat 1000-1500 calories less then the avg guy.
Fat people feel they never eat yet can down 4000-50000 calories a day without noticing it.

You want results. Count.

Barnie I think you're talking about edamame It's a Japanese soy bean. You normally buy it frozen, you put it in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, remove from water, the sprinkle it with course salt.

Last edited by jeffie7; 07-29-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Yea... I feel like I eat a chit ton but I'm always the skinniest guy out of the group.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 AM
bigcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Ive been doing crossfit. I hurt everywhere

I've been to the Crossfit Impavidus gym in Ashburn. It reminds me of when I was back in the military many moons ago. Very good workout. I hurt all over every time I leave there.

http://www.crossfitimpavidus.com/
Old 07-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by TyCorr
Id fukk the dark haired one. She looks curvier even though she's smaller. The other one is a one and done(hit once and forget it, aka hit it and forget it). Why the delay and hesitation to post? Or are these girls that are acquaintances who you are duping us into believing are the 'random, out of the blue, truck girls'?

Again, if they really pulled the wamper that you are claiming, you should fukk them both at the same time. Bang one while the other licks your skeeba(taint) and keeps the 'recreation' area clean and lubed. The dark-haired one probably likes gentle, yet firm choking during coitus. Like a non-threatening date rape choke. You dig?

Ill give you a quick lesson! All women like to be choked unless you're getting in their pants because you're 'sensitive' and 'mysterious'. Both qualities should be in your acting repertoire for picking up women. However, they should be used when appropriate. This situation has fukk all to do with either sensitive or mysterious. Anyway, fast forward to post-penetration, let her on top so as to imply dominance for her, then reach up confidently and put a half-assed grip on her throat and squeeze like you're checking fruit for ripeness. Now this is where you need to pay attention, young buck. If she leans into the choke she's a dirty ***** and you'd better hope you have a rubber on. Or at least full coverage health insurance. If she retreats from your grip you either arent a man whom she considers masculine and you got a pity lay or she is one of those girls who thinks she's not a dirty and will only let you choke her after you buy her dinner, tell her you love her, waste piles of money on her, and claim monogamy with her and her only.

Make the right choice, bud!
HILARIOUS THREAD http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3785
Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Just caught up with an old Army buddy off FB and heard one of my friends from back in Germany died after a head-on with a semi truck.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

One of my teammembers in our Lego Mindstorm Robotics challenge threw me under the bus....

Hi! I am seeing a problem that I think I should bring to your attention. I don’t think that the students are into the robotics challenge. Clay was building the robots for them, and when we stopped him from doing this and told them to go build them themselves, they had all of the enthusiasm of a people going to a funeral. None of my own student have not reached out to me, despite me offering them help if they get stuck, and quite frankly I do not believe non technical people would have no questions when dealing with this kind of subject. In fact, one of my students saw me in the hallway and acted like he was trying to avoid a bill collector and just got trapped. I didn’t bring up the challenge said hi and walked on my way.

I have been advised that it was because Clay and I are not parents and do not know how to make kids do things. I was thinking that is true but if its supposed to be a fun project they should do something they actually would like to do. Nothing that is supposed to be fun should be something we have to force them to do. That would imply to me that the projects do not match the people’s skill sets and interests. Since only 2-3 people are of a technical bent in this group, it is probable that technical projects will be done by the technical people and copied by the non technical. Therefore, I would ask if we could change the challenge to something different:

The challenge would be to give the best presentation of the subject matter you are most interested in (archaeology, physics engineering, music, etc.)

The criteria for judging are:

• Originality
• Mastery of subject matter
• Esprit de corps (Enthusiasm)
• Clearest explanation
• Advantages of this field, shortcomings and how to overcome them
• Most effective use of props

The advantage of this would be that it would not put non-technical people at a disadvantage, and it would give the interns a chance to investigate something that is more relevant to their future, and it costs us nothing. All costs will be incurred by them, and they can spend nothing or a lot. We can give a prize of some kind (maybe cash, plaque, trinket) Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel