Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:56 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47876367@N03/4599856616/
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
jasabeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not big on her face.. looks like a corpse.. but the ***** are nice
Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

LOOLLLLLL at woody's face haha
Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 AM
pfregeolle

So on tuesday night I was leaving school, and the main road that takes you in and out of the community college, they're tearing it all up right now to re-pave eventually I assume. So all the pavement is currently grooved and complete chit. I'm driving in my lane, nice and slow so I don't kick up tons of gravel, and trying to be kind to my car. All of a sudden out of nowhere, there's a HUGE water cover sticking up out of the asphalt. Not like a man-hole cover, but like a smaller maybe 8inch diameter water hole cover. No joke this thing sticks up off the road like 5-6 inches. So I TRRRYYY my best to avoid it or at least hit it where it's going to hurt the least. But the inevitable happens, and my entire car lifts up off the ground...

I immediately stop my car put my hazards on and pull to the shoulder just to make sure everything LOOKS ok, and make sure I didn't bust my oil pan or break anything from underneath my car, etc.. It all seems to be fine but I'm pissed. I get back in my car and start to drive away, and realize my car is pulling hard to the right. Then I look down and notice my steering wheel is offset counterclockwise. So as my car is pulling right, I'm turning left to keep it centered, but I have to hold the wheel even further left because my steering is off centered now. PISSSSED! I feel like I have a limp d!ck car...

Anyone know if there's anything I can do as far as going through the county to have them pay for an alignment, etc..? I mean yes my car is low, but there are other cars out there that come factory as low or lower than mine. For example the new corvettes. If a guy in a corvette was driving down the same road and hit that same cover, I'm sure he'd be pissed too. It just doesn't seem fair that they can tear up a road, not give you any prediction that there's going to be a bump in the road or show any sign of anything that extreme. I kind of want to go back and take a picture of it during the day to show how retarded this thing is.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
jasabeast

that sucks.. you might wanna just get your a-arms done since you have to get an allignment now
Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 AM
pfregeolle

I wish, but I need money, and I'm not doing anything but Cusco, so...haha
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
So on tuesday night I was leaving school, and the main road that takes you in and out of the community college, they're tearing it all up right now to re-pave eventually I assume. So all the pavement is currently grooved and complete chit. I'm driving in my lane, nice and slow so I don't kick up tons of gravel, and trying to be kind to my car. All of a sudden out of nowhere, there's a HUGE water cover sticking up out of the asphalt. Not like a man-hole cover, but like a smaller maybe 8inch diameter water hole cover. No joke this thing sticks up off the road like 5-6 inches. So I TRRRYYY my best to avoid it or at least hit it where it's going to hurt the least. But the inevitable happens, and my entire car lifts up off the ground...

I immediately stop my car put my hazards on and pull to the shoulder just to make sure everything LOOKS ok, and make sure I didn't bust my oil pan or break anything from underneath my car, etc.. It all seems to be fine but I'm pissed. I get back in my car and start to drive away, and realize my car is pulling hard to the right. Then I look down and notice my steering wheel is offset counterclockwise. So as my car is pulling right, I'm turning left to keep it centered, but I have to hold the wheel even further left because my steering is off centered now. PISSSSED! I feel like I have a limp d!ck car...

Anyone know if there's anything I can do as far as going through the county to have them pay for an alignment, etc..? I mean yes my car is low, but there are other cars out there that come factory as low or lower than mine. For example the new corvettes. If a guy in a corvette was driving down the same road and hit that same cover, I'm sure he'd be pissed too. It just doesn't seem fair that they can tear up a road, not give you any prediction that there's going to be a bump in the road or show any sign of anything that extreme. I kind of want to go back and take a picture of it during the day to show how retarded this thing is.

Get pics of the cover and of the damage it caused. You have to submit a claim form to the DOT. Im not familiar with MD but that's typically how it
works.

Here's where you should start but they may tell you that you have to submit locally (i.e if it's a "county road" or private road owned by the CC).

Call the Md Highway loss division.
(800) 942-0162 http://www.treasurer.state.md.us/insurance.htm
Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
pfregeolle

SICK! Thanks Robbie!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea paul what robbie said. I know someone who did it over a pothole they got paid for the damages and the county filled in the hole QUICK! lol

they are supposed to put temporary asphalt around those hole thingys that stick up guess they missed one...

Only time your not covered is if they can prove you were driving in a non safe manner which you werent.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:30 PM
pfregeolle

Good to know! I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow, and try and snap pix if possible (before they hurry up and try and fill it up...
Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Driven1
Professional

SICK! Thanks Robbie!
Anytime mang. Hope it works out for ya.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the answer to all your problems. You should have taken a different way out. By taking a different way out you could have avoided all of the construction work. Then there would have been nothing to hit.

Glad I could help.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 AM
WYZIWYG

Paul, call this guy and tell him you have a Jeffie404 Error. He'll know what to do...

Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 AM
pfregeolle

Jeffie, FAWK YOU! Hahaha my car can't get out the other side of the campus without going over like 10 fuggin speed humps. I just noticed this morning taking a corner at a mild speed, that I normally could take very quickly with no problems at all, my tires were SSCCREEEEACHING. hahaha like yelping dude.

Hey tomorrow there's a mid Atlantic Z Owner's Club meet in Bowie at the starbucks at bowie town center if anyone wants to go. It's at 10am, and they usually hang around afterward to grab lunch too. I'll definitely be going since its like 5 minutes from my house. Anyone down??
Old 11-12-2010, 07:13 AM
WYZIWYG

Jeffie, FAWK YOU! Hahaha my car can't get out the other side of the campus without going over like 10 fuggin speed humps. I just noticed this morning taking a corner at a mild speed, that I normally could take very quickly with no problems at all, my tires were SSCCREEEEACHING. hahaha like yelping dude.

Hey tomorrow there's a mid Atlantic Z Owner's Club meet in Bowie at the starbucks at bowie town center if anyone wants to go. It's at 10am, and they usually hang around afterward to grab lunch too. I'll definitely be going since its like 5 minutes from my house. Anyone down??
I would, but my car's still being painted. Apparently it takes several weeks to paint a SB Z. >:0[
Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Barnabas

damn I would be down but I am laying a brick wall in the morning...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I'll be at the Porsche club autox at Bowie Baysox stadium.....not sure if I would be able to escape for a few minutes and join, but we'll see.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
I'll be at the Porsche club autox at Bowie Baysox stadium.....not sure if I would be able to escape for a few minutes and join, but we'll see.

I may stop up if I finish the bricks sooner then I expect too
Old 11-13-2010, 12:09 PM
jeffie7

Just passed my Smog test today while in the Z, then got pulled over shortly after by MSP for no front tag, got a warning and we talked for a few minutes about cars and front tag crap. He said he has zero problem giving beat up cars with no front tag a ticket, however if the car is super clean and clearly cared for, he wasn't worried about it and will likely give out a warnings.

No more smog test until May of 2012 yay......
Old 11-13-2010, 12:11 PM
jeffie7

Oh, go figure while getting tested the employee went to use the mirrors under my car to do the safety check and then laughed saying well thats kinda pointless I doubt that's gonna work since my car is so low, she went to pull the mirror up against the wall and it fell back into my Zs door. While washing it I noticed a nice little door ding from it. yay 7 years and not a single door ding.....

Employee was very nice, it truly was an accident. Wrote an e-mail to them asking if there's anything they're willing to do about it. If not, I'll just get it removed. It's small and in a great spot where it can easily be removed.

Just kinda sucks....

ohwell.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel