Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Atlantic Motorsports MD Reviews Wanted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Atlantic Motorsports MD Reviews Wanted?

Anyone have any reviews of Atlantic Motorsports in Maryland? I'm about to get my final drive gears in and my friend keeps saying they are a good shop for Z's and Evo's. Anyone ever been here or heard of anything? Only things I saw were a few good / happy customers, and 1 unhappy customer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume you're talking about Mid-Atlantic Motorsports in Dundalk MD?

http://www.ma-motorsports.com/
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
JNPDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
I assume you're talking about Mid-Atlantic Motorsports in Dundalk MD?

http://www.ma-motorsports.com/
If so, they're all great guys. I've know Brian and Ray for quite some time. They are now supporting Forsberg for the 2012 season and JR is also involved with them. Probably one of the best shops in the east and I personally wouldn't let anyone else on the east coast touch my car.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know any Z/G's that have been there. No G/Z's in their website gallery (except the bastardized 300ZX). In fact this is the first I've heard of them. If I were you I'd go with tried and trued Z shop -- e.g. hills
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
JNPDR

http://www.chrisforsberg.com/

Here are some 370z project pics for you. All the new 2012 engine and chassis work is being done there.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
KAT_Ayanami

www.BilboAutomotive.com

They have built plenty of race and rally cars. They have also worked on a few Zs for track and street use.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM
pepper

I'm pretty sure the OP means http://www.amstuning.com/
Old 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I think he's talking about these guys:
http://amstuning.com/
^^^They're good peeps, Corey is straight up, no b.s. Dan, Adam and Mason are good employees, very knowledgeable.

They were the ones who boosted my Z, I go to them for service, part upgrades. Their track evo was in DSport Magazine back in January.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
I think he's talking about these guys:
http://amstuning.com/
^^^They're good peeps, Corey is straight up, no b.s. Dan, Adam and Mason are good employees, very knowledgeable.

They were the ones who boosted my Z, I go to them for service, part upgrades. Their track evo was in DSport Magazine back in January.
Yup, these are the guys I was talking about. I was going to go to Hills but they seem to be too busy right now, since whenever I call they say to email, then never respond, and when I did get to talk to them about installing gears they said I'd have to leave my car for about 3 days which is tough for me since it's my daily. I'm going to try Atlantic Motorsports since people have good things to say about them.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 AM
NightShade

Originally Posted by Pengu
Yup, these are the guys I was talking about. I was going to go to Hills but they seem to be too busy right now, since whenever I call they say to email, then never respond, and when I did get to talk to them about installing gears they said I'd have to leave my car for about 3 days which is tough for me since it's my daily. I'm going to try Atlantic Motorsports since people have good things to say about them.

Thanks everyone!
3 days? Weird, I called Hills for a quote to install my gears and LSD and they told me it would take one day? Of course, I did set up the appointment for a month in advance (mid-April). I just set this up last week. Were you trying to get it done the same day or something?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 AM
vtchang

Its true, Hill's is busy. But what good shop isn't? Kinda like restaurants, are you going to drop big $$$ on a place with a bunch of open seats?

Anyways, I had to book way in advanced to get a time-slot at Hills as well. Worth the wait! the gears and LSD feel great!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:55 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't mind the drive R/T Tuning in PA is the bomb and can usually do 'while u wait' type stuff with far less advance than hills.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 AM
TwoFiveBar

Atlantic is legit. Cool, knowledgeable guys who have a passion for the industry and regularly go out of their way for customers.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:11 AM
dj lizard

I would never recommend them to anyone. they charge way too much, not the best work, and they never stand for there work. I have tried them before. Check out Hill's garage, JE import, or Ptuning.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
hydeciel

I have mixed feelings about them. Corey, Dan, and Mason are good guys. They've always worked with me when I had time limits and tried their best to meet my needs, but I have run into a few issues with their work. Nearly every time I took my Z to them it would always come back with issues, in most cases minor issues, but it could have turned bigger if I didn't do a quality check of my own.

They installed a new ACT clutch and flywheel, but one of the critical bolts on my cross arm member was missing. In addition, I had an O2 sensor error light come on after they did some more work on my car. Mason said they could check it out, and if they needed to replace anything they'd give me a good price, didn't have the time for them to check it. Later, I checked it myself. They forgot to plug the O2 sensors back in. There was also an issue with my Kaaz LSD being installed, but I can't blame them for that one because not even Kaaz knew 100% which side shaft was needed, but I was right. We needed both side shafts from a VLSD Z, not just one. So I installed it myself afterwards.

There were some other issues, but all others were minor.

I am not 100% certain, but Adam was the only one to work on my car.

I got tired off it and started fixing their work and doing all new projects myself.

All & all, they are honest, good, smart hard working guys. They helped me in a pinch when I had no idea what I was doing. Gave great advice and their prices were either reasonable or a lot lower than dealer techs, but they have some issues with quality control.

They never minded me coming back to get something fixed, but I just got tired of it, but that is just me, I have a low threshold for mistakes; that's why I've become a DIYer. It may take 20x longer, but I know the quality is good or alteast the mistakes that have been made so I can fix them later

It is also my understanding this isn't uncommon for Motorsports shops to have quality control issues (I hear my buddies say this a lot). People make mistakes :\.

Last edited by hydeciel; 07-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
gcoupeturbo

left this forum a long time ago.. but I felt compelled to warn you against this shop.
I had a Turbonetics single turbo installed at AMS back in 2005; they damaged my oil pan while attempting to tap the the oil for the turbo and had Altered Atmosphere replace the oil pan. Guess what.. they billed me for Altered Atmosphere's work. They also took nearly 3 weeks to finish my car as well.
I didn't mind the screw up, but they didn't own up to it and billing me for their screw up is ridiculous.