Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Best way to launch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 12:22 PM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Best way to launch!!!

What is the best way to launch from a stand still. What is everyones methods?
Old 12-31-2002, 10:53 AM
zogan

I keep it at about 2000-2300 rpm, then slightly drop the clutch just enough to where I don't spin out all the way. This is on street, not track. I ask the same questions.

Try this:

https://my350z.com/forum/search.php?...der=descending

pick and choose
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
TIGHT-Z

Default AHH the joy

Ahh the joy of smoking 3 s2000 already, two hooked up and 1 stock. Sorry, that little ***** looking car is little show and no go.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:15 PM
Droppin_Gears

Hmm, grow up? Little ***** car? o.O All show no go? Hey that little lightweight car can fly around some turns! Also 120 hp/liter is pretty impressive and I believe best stock recorded 1/4 mile time is a 13.66? I like the Z and plan on buying one, but I'd still be excited to race a S2000 b/c I know it is a driver's race! By the post it sounds like YOU are the one trying to compensate for ***** size.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:52 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

...and with almost 50 less horsepower and almost half the torque
Old 01-05-2003, 07:28 PM
r34 racer

right, and a Z that weight 2750 lbs would do the same. Where are you trying to go with this? Sheesh, are you arguing just for the sake of the argument? This guy asked for info and you had to come in with smart aleck comebacks.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:42 PM
integrate

Originally posted by r34 racer
right, and a Z that weight 2750 lbs would do the same. Where are you trying to go with this? Sheesh, are you arguing just for the sake of the argument? This guy asked for info and you had to come in with smart aleck comebacks.
Are you serious? Look who initially made the "smart aleck comebacks." Gaston2k and Droppingears are simply listing the facts.

TIGHT-Z - "Ahh the joy of smoking 3 s2000 already, two hooked up and 1 stock. Sorry, that little ***** looking car is little show and no go."

Looks like a lot of teenagers troll on this board.

Last edited by integrate; 01-05-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:53 PM
r34 racer

Originally posted by integrate
Are you serious? Look who initially made the "smart aleck comebacks." Gaston2k and Droppingears are simply listing the facts.

TIGHT-Z - "Ahh the joy of smoking 3 s2000 already, two hooked up and 1 stock. Sorry, that little ***** looking car is little show and no go."

Looks like a lot of teenagers troll on this board.
I invite you to take a look at Gastons2k's post before tight z's post- His intention was clearly to indicate that the Z had shortcomings vs. the s2000 even though the intent of the thread starter was simply to get info on the best way to launch a Z. Thats right Z, not s2k. Gastons2k's comment was therefore unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic to begin with. And with the addition of the skeptical looking smileys, the post takes on an even more antagonistic air. I'm not denying, however, that tight Z was unjustified in his post as well.

I suggest we drop this already, no need to perpetuate an argument.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:56 AM
integrate

Originally posted by r34 racer
I invite you to take a look at Gastons2k's post before tight z's post- His intention was clearly to indicate that the Z had shortcomings vs. the s2000 even though the intent of the thread starter was simply to get info on the best way to launch a Z. Thats right Z, not s2k. Gastons2k's comment was therefore unnecessary and irrelevant to the topic to begin with. And with the addition of the skeptical looking smileys, the post takes on an even more antagonistic air. I'm not denying, however, that tight Z was unjustified in his post as well.

I suggest we drop this already, no need to perpetuate an argument.
r34 racer, GastonS2k's posts were all completely sarcastic and in good fun.... If you read his post about dropping at 7500 rpms, he's basically saying that we don't need to abuse our car in order to get a good launch, so he's definitely not saying that our car has shortcomings versus the S2000.

TIGHT-Z is just a kid...I'll leave him at that.

Subject dropped
Old 01-08-2003, 08:18 AM
daddy Z

Default Back on topic

My experience indicates a fairly low rpm with the slipping of the clutch produces better results then dumping at any rpm. Basically the stock tire are not good for drag racing. I put a better set of rubber on the back and have found that the car really performs . I just wish they'd make a set of drag radials in 18s
Old 01-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Wicked4u2c

Look, I love both the S2000 and the Z. As a matter a fact I had the choice between both cars. Let me tell you my experience and Im sure most of you will agree with me, by the way I choose the Z..

S2000

Driven many of these before, a DOG! downlow. This car has no torque whatsoever, it almost feels like im driving a miata... OH wait, I won't degrade the car that bad. Since Miata's are gay cars... no really, they are! Anyhow, the S2000 doesn't come to life until it hits VTEC! Which for city driving its kinda of *****... Anyhow, the car is very small and handles great. Convertible is a very nice option. Overall the car is a great car but WAY OVERPRICED! for what it is.... Excellent enginereed engine for its Hp/per liter.

350Z

Excellent bottom end torque, just throws you in the back of your seat. Styling in my opinion is better than the S2000, the S2000 is still a beautiful car don't get me wrong. Shifting is more continous with the Z which could get annoying after a while due to its short gearing and lower RPM peak power.

For the price you can't beat the Z! Now for all you crying about S2000Vs 350Z. The Z is a more superior car. Just do the calculations horespower to weight ratio and coeffiency of drag is in the Z's favor also. Like I said, im not here to start beef with either manufacture as they are both good and I had the choice of getting both, but I felt the Z had more to offer and also the upgradeability was in the Z's Favor...
Old 01-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by gastons2k
the only thing i have stated are facts, not lies, if you feel they are shortcomings then i'm sorry for your insecurities. I am the first one to say S vs. Z is driver's race. The S is lighter, but so what, the Z is more of a capable all-around daily driver. I wasn't trying to point out shortcomings only facts.....and if anything at all, I started my posts on this thread by talking about the s2000's shortcomings of having to launch at 7,500 rpms while you guys have plenty of torque and get to launch at a reasonable rpm.

On another note to continue arguing for the sake of arguing, yes the Z would be a monster killer if it weighed in at 2,750.....but shaving off 500 lbs in the Z is alot harder than adding 40 hp to the s2000 good day
Um the S2000 weight is 2810 and my base is 3188

That is 378lbs of a difference... Which believe it or not is not much...
Old 01-08-2003, 11:38 AM
digerydingo

Wicked4u2c, actualy 378lbs on the track is a world of difference. Not to mention that until you got yourself a LSD you would get murdered no matter how light you could try and make the Z.

Oh and where talking road corses here, after all steering wheels where meant for something.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
phreezee

378Lbs is A LOT!!!

Bottom line is S2000 will out corner the 350! Besides weight, consider the understeering that the Z experiences.
The Z will make it up in the straights tho! (Dang that sounds soo domestic!) Oh well, I still like my car.