Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

A Couple of Exciting Days at Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 09:59 PM
bdiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's a good friend of mine. I've learned just about every inch at each track I've been to from that nut. Plus it's always good to arrive with the guy that has the motor home. I've watched him in action on bikes as well...crazy! Did you pick up the latest SCC mag? He really beat up on those guys on the road course (6 seconds a lap). I figured you knew him if you spent any time on the track with Hyashi.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:26 PM
jzr

Haven't met PMUM but I'd really like to. I do these track days trying to learn to get faster, and it's getting harder and harder to find somebody to learn from. I'm hoping when PMUM gets his S2000 fixed I'll get the chance to ask him some questions and chase him around at a track day or two. I figure it'd be better, not to mention a whole lot cheaper, than attending a real driving school.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:46 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by jzr
Haven't met PMUM but I'd really like to. I do these track days trying to learn to get faster, and it's getting harder and harder to find somebody to learn from. I'm hoping when PMUM gets his S2000 fixed I'll get the chance to ask him some questions and chase him around at a track day or two. I figure it'd be better, not to mention a whole lot cheaper, than attending a real driving school.
PM me your number if you want and I'll pass it along to him. It sounds funny, but the guy is probably better than most any instructor you'll ever get. From day one (we started road racing at the same event) he's always been several seconds faster than me, I started to get a complex. Then I realized he's always several seconds faster than EVERYBODY! As far as the S2000 goes, I'm buying that car from him when it gets back together. Throw your e-mail my way as well so we don't take up any more board space.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:47 PM
OTC

Holy crap! Does "bdiddy" = Brett? How are ya?

PMUM is a hack. A very fast hack that makes all of us...and most "pros"...look very, very bad.

BP
Director, OTC
www.opentrackchallenge.com
Old 02-03-2003, 03:39 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by OTC
Holy crap! Does "bdiddy" = Brett? How are ya?

PMUM is a hack. A very fast hack that makes all of us...and most "pros"...look very, very bad.

BP
Director, OTC
BP! What up DAWG? You blew my cover! I've been the lone ranger over here, sans the Usual Suspects. I don't know how but I've managed to offend one or two Z-bots...hmmmm..? (If you don't believe me take a look at my points for "good citizenship") I hope things are going well for you. We missed you at PMUM's New Year's bash. I'm going to do what I can to make the O.T.C. this year. Although, I'm not sure what I'll be running yet.... Since PMUM only has two friends and you're one of them, you knew it was me by default! That's f 'n hilarious! I'll drop you a PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:17 PM
OTC

Bring the Z to OTC. I know a couple magazines that would cover it. Give Paul the car once a day to lay the wood, collect trophy at the end of the week. Just don't 'train the RV's crapper!

BP
Director, OTC
Old 02-03-2003, 05:45 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by OTC
Bring the Z to OTC. I know a couple magazines that would cover it. Give Paul the car once a day to lay the wood, collect trophy at the end of the week. Just don't 'train the RV's crapper!

BP
Director, OTC
Ahhh...you know me well. I'll gravytrain that portapotty on wheels every chance I get! Since I'm too lazy to look it up, refresh my memory on the safety equipment I need in the car to run the street tire competition. The Z's gotta lotta push that'll need correcting, but I think most of it can be done by then. Great idea on the driver swap, errr...I would NEVER do that . Get those mags lined up and let me know what you need from me. Besides, how could I pass up the chance to spend a whole week with PMUM's only other friend. It's a date!
Old 02-12-2003, 02:51 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my picture from Laguna Fianlly. Here's me in the corkscrew with my instructor in the passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails A Couple of Exciting Days at Laguna Seca-30-11-039_post_low.jpg  
Old 02-12-2003, 02:57 PM
joeshow750

Got my picture from Laguna Fianlly. Here's me in the corkscrew with my instructor in the passenger seat.
Nice pic. Looks like you were pushing it pretty hard through there with the suspension all compressed up like that.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:05 PM
bdiddy

I like that kind of picture. It gives you a good idea what your car would look like with a lower suspension set-up.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:19 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah,

It was my favorite of the pictures of my car, because you got a good idea of speed because of the roll in the turn.

Man that was a fun day. I want to go back...

-D'oh!