Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

350Z v 911 Carrera Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 09:48 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350Z v 911 Carrera Cabriolet

This morning I decide to take the freeway instead of my usual canyon ride so I'm on Valley Circle Blvd. which is a two lane straight-away street with long distances between lights. To the right is a bicycle lane.

So I'm sitting at the stop light in the right lane. Cars pull up to my left and behind me. There are probably a half dozen cars behind me. As I'm sitting there switching between CD to radio, this Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet pulls up to my right in the bike lane. The guy sits there, yaking on his cell phone and doesn't turn right. So, it's obvious he just cut all the cars that are behind me and expects to pop in front of me to cut us all off. I'm thinking to myself, I don't think so.

I switch off VDC and wait for the light to turn green. As the last car turning left in front of us passes, I rev up to 2,000 and launch with some wheel spin, feathering off to avoid a burn out. He takes off too and we are neck and neck in first. The flashing right light comes up so quick in first it takes me a moment to realize I need to shift. In second, all the way up, we remain neck and neck. The Porsche driver is still driving in the bicycle lane and I'm thinking to myself, what a total loser as I shift into third. Neck and neck in third I see the upcoming red light and a car in front of me. I glance over to my right and the guy and he's still going at it. Well I start to slow down as I'm passing 90 mph and move to my left. The yutz stays in the bike lane and rolls up to the car that was in front of me.

He takes off again when the light turns green and I just take it easy from there to the freeway on ramp. Well, it felt good not to let the loser pass me. Heck, we were neck and neck through three gears and frankly, I don't think I was doing as well as I could have. I'm damn pleased of the out-come against the 911 and more so since the driver was a big jackass looooser.

First race v 911, tie.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job dude! Cant let those stuck up yuppies get the best of things.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:41 PM
JonsilvZ

Dont even mess with a late model 911 turbo. I was at a stop light on a sunday morning when this 911 turbo got around to my left to teach me a lesson. The light turned green, we both had good take off. The 911 didnt even loose a grip taking off(all wheel drive). He had a full car length before 40mph. Then he made a quick left turn. Those monsters are over 100gs exotics. Well if I had a turbo, I might have a chance.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:42 PM
rodH

Default Re: 350Z v 911 Carrera Cabriolet

Originally posted by hfm
This morning I decide to take the freeway instead of my usual canyon ride so I'm on Valley Circle Blvd. which is a two lane straight-away street with long distances between lights. To the right is a bicycle lane.

So I'm sitting at the stop light in the right lane. Cars pull up to my left and behind me. There are probably a half dozen cars behind me. As I'm sitting there switching between CD to radio, this Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet pulls up to my right in the bike lane. The guy sits there, yaking on his cell phone and doesn't turn right. So, it's obvious he just cut all the cars that are behind me and expects to pop in front of me to cut us all off. I'm thinking to myself, I don't think so.

I switch off VDC and wait for the light to turn green. As the last car turning left in front of us passes, I rev up to 2,000 and launch with some wheel spin, feathering off to avoid a burn out. He takes off too and we are neck and neck in first. The flashing right light comes up so quick in first it takes me a moment to realize I need to shift. In second, all the way up, we remain neck and neck. The Porsche driver is still driving in the bicycle lane and I'm thinking to myself, what a total loser as I shift into third. Neck and neck in third I see the upcoming red light and a car in front of me. I glance over to my right and the guy and he's still going at it. Well I start to slow down as I'm passing 90 mph and move to my left. The yutz stays in the bike lane and rolls up to the car that was in front of me.

He takes off again when the light turns green and I just take it easy from there to the freeway on ramp. Well, it felt good not to let the loser pass me. Heck, we were neck and neck through three gears and frankly, I don't think I was doing as well as I could have. I'm damn pleased of the out-come against the 911 and more so since the driver was a big jackass looooser.

First race v 911, tie.
that really surprises me, I have MANY 911s around me, typically they drive slow and are polite/classy. I HATE A-holes like that!!

btw, I bet you take that route more often
Old 04-04-2003, 12:37 AM
TheLex

Good lord, this jerk was driving in the bike lane? It's guys like this that give sports car drivers a bad name.

I remember years ago I was down in West LA. This guy in a C2 turbo (nice black on black) is behind me as we're all waiting for a light to change. He decides that the empty parallel parking spaces are his own private lane, floors it as he zooms by a whole line of cars, tries to time the light so he can fly through it at speed, only to t-bone a car that was just about through the intersection! What a schmuck. Ruined a perfectly fine Turbo Porsche too.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:08 PM
rodH

Originally posted by TheLex
Good lord, this jerk was driving in the bike lane? It's guys like this that give sports car drivers a bad name.

I remember years ago I was down in West LA. This guy in a C2 turbo (nice black on black) is behind me as we're all waiting for a light to change. He decides that the empty parallel parking spaces are his own private lane, floors it as he zooms by a whole line of cars, tries to time the light so he can fly through it at speed, only to t-bone a car that was just about through the intersection! What a schmuck. Ruined a perfectly fine Turbo Porsche too.
I would have LOVED to be there, I would have stopped and just laughed at the guy, waited til the cops got there, gave my testimony, that drive away laughing (that is, ONLY if NO ONE got hurt, what an idiot!!!)
Old 04-14-2003, 02:30 PM
IceMan1300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job on the race