Need good traffic lawyer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 02:30 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by |T3|
**** im not good at keeping secrets.... here is how it works

say you get a ticket for 300 bucks... go to court.. get the judge to lower the cost... tell him you will send a check in the mail.. say the ticket is now 80 bucks... write em a check for 85 bucks and mail it to them... they will have to refund you 5 bucks... take that 5 dollar refund check pin it on your wall reminding you not to speed... they cant put the point on your license until their finances balance out... so if you never cash that refund check, they can never put the points on your record.... thus the insurance company cant be notified.. and you can speed as much as you want and not worry about insurance increases... but just paying for those tickets is expensive at times.. so try not to speed or try not to get caught...

also, since the points never go on your record.. every time you go to court after the first time your record will always show up clean (unless you have tickets from before you learned this).... so just say its your first ticket.... and your records will show the same thing.... the judge will then be more lenient...

i have done this tons of times....if you dont want to waste your time in court lowering the fee thats ok, it will still work...

i should charge people for this info... luckily im a nice guy... you can confirm this by any police officer.. they all do it...an lapd officer told me this trick when he was boozing in a jacuzzi.. smushed his index fingers against his lips and said SHHHHHHH ITS A SECRET!

hope this helps
Do you also believe there is this secret videotape and if you watch it your phone will ring and a voice will tell you "You are going to die in 7 days?"

Your statement is an old urban legend and it DOES NOT WORK!!

Even if I knew a way to beat ticket, I would not tell the above moron. He needs to lose his lisence to learn a lesson.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:35 PM
mploans

I watched a show on urban legends a couple of weeks ago and they dispelled this myth. It doesn't actually work. It would be nice but, our courts systems aren't that stupid....Sorry.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Heat

If it in fact doesnt work then why does he claim he's done it dozens of times????????

Anyway, heres another method to try.

You get pulled over, dont sign that ur guilty and make the officer come to court. On your court date call in an emergency while your there before the proceeding, you are allowed to this, they will postpone the court date.

With my luck and also many other people that I know, the officer usually never shows up again for the second court date and the judge dissmiss's the case.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:47 PM
cheeves

If you do find a good lawyer, while your talking to him/her..ya might want to inquire about a living will.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:56 PM
JZC

Slow on down, I just turned 18 on March 17 and I'm doing fine.

(I'm wailing on wood now)

Goin' quick is fun. But do it in safe places.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:10 PM
raceboy
Banned

OK, I'll share my tried and true ticket beating method with you (this works in Ca, I don't know about elsewhere). This has a 3 for 4 record with me:

When you get your ticket, the officer always tells you that you can appear in court, or you can just pay the fine when the courtesy notice appears. He's not telling you the entire truth because you actually have a 3rd choice. It says it right on the back of your ticket as the last thing; Trial By Written Declaration. This option is open to everyone, you don't need any special circumstances to chose this option.

TBRD is basically an entire trial conducted through the mail. You submit the bail ammount (courtesy notice ammount) and then submit your entire case in writing. Just make your "story" good. The officer then has to do the same thing.

Why does it work so often? Who knows, you aren't there. Some poeple think the cops are just too lazy to submit the paperwork, others think that you just have a better chance of winning when there aren't a bunch of other people watching and the state is then more likely to rule in your favor, who knows, it just works.

If you win, you get your "bail" back, but want to know the best part? If you lose, you are still entitled to a real appearance or to going to traffic school. You get two chances folks. Wonder why the cops never mention this option when you get pulled over.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:48 PM
|T3|

lol i totally lied cuz i wanted him to do it... he does deserve to get his license taken away.. thats why i was being so convincing.. thanks for blowin it
Old 04-05-2003, 01:07 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow alot of you are pretty gay woudlnt have thought, its funny i didnt think going 15 miles over the speed limit is that dangerous i guess im a big hazard then, im probaly the only person in a z that goes 15-20 miles over the speed limit and does an illegal U turn, that must be the worst, all my tickets are 55 in a 40 except for 1 which was on the 10 east in the dessert completly empty that one is 120
Old 04-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by XBS
im probaly the only person in a z that goes 15-20 miles over the speed limit and does an illegal U turn, that must be the worst, all my tickets are 55 in a 40 except for 1 which was on the 10 east in the dessert completly empty that one is 120
XBS,
Of course everyone goes 15-20 miles over the speed limit all the time. You need to ask yourself why we don't all get nailed 6 times per year. You obviously don't have the experience necessary to avoid drawing attention to yourself in traffic. But how could you when you're only 18 (that's not meant to be a criticism...just a fact). Anyway, until you get more experience behind the wheel you should keep your speed down.

The best thing to do is join a club and start doing some driving schools and autocrossing. You'll quickly learn how much there is to driving fast. Do you really think you have the skill to keep a powerful RWD car under control when something unexpected happens at high speed on the street? When there are cars, pedestrians, bikes (i.e., obstacles!) all around you? Are you relying on the car to get you out of trouble?

I had been driving "performance cars" fast for almost 10 years before my eyes were opened at my first BMW CCA driving school. Now I'm 10x faster than I ever was before, but with 100x more control and confidence. Driving fast is only safe if the driver is highly trained, otherwise it's suicidal (or worse, homicidal). Maybe your 6 tickets will give you a reason to think through some of this stuff.

Emre
Old 04-05-2003, 03:31 AM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by Kayaalp
You need to ask yourself why we don't all get nailed 6 times per year. You obviously don't have the experience necessary to avoid drawing attention to yourself in traffic. But how could you when you're only 18 (that's not meant to be a criticism...just a fact).
Holy Crap!!! I just re-read your original post. You got those 6 tickets in only 3 months!? And you're not even 18 yet. Wow. I've only gotten 2 tickets of any kind in 12 years of driving.

Anyway, see my last post and start doing some driving schools (if you haven't had your license suspended by now ).

Emre
Old 04-06-2003, 12:49 AM
XBS
Veteran

thanks for your advice, i am not saying im expieranced i know im not i think im an ok driver, but i dont want to go to some driving schools does anyone know of any in so cal, i know you learn alot there and it should also be alot of fun, do you know if you can bring your own car?
Old 04-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by XBS
thanks for your advice, i am not saying im expieranced i know im not i think im an ok driver, but i dont want to go to some driving schools does anyone know of any in so cal, i know you learn alot there and it should also be alot of fun, do you know if you can bring your own car?
Hey XBS,

Go for it! There are plenty of good driver's schools around. I personally prefer to drive my own car and have an instructor at my side. It sounds like you're looking for the same thing. If that's the case, then your best bet would be to join a car club like the BMW CCA or the Porsche Club of America (PCA).

There are plenty of other clubs, but you may be better off sticking with the CCA or PCA for now. These two organizations are known for the quality of their high performance driving schools. Their events are safe, fun, and well-organized. As a rule, the CCA will allow you to join even if you don't have a BMW. The PCA generally will not, but certain chapters are more flexible than others (you have to ask). Personally, I prefer the CCA because the events are less expensive and the members are less snobby (personal experience...please don't flame me!).

Emre
Old 04-06-2003, 02:25 PM
XBS
Veteran

cool im gona look into that yea i prefer to drive my own car with an instructor too.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:21 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by XBS
wow alot of you are pretty gay woudlnt have thought, its funny i didnt think going 15 miles over the speed limit is that dangerous i guess im a big hazard then, im probaly the only person in a z that goes 15-20 miles over the speed limit and does an illegal U turn, that must be the worst, all my tickets are 55 in a 40 except for 1 which was on the 10 east in the dessert completly empty that one is 120
You are a little child with obviously too much car for your own good. I routinely drive that quick and yet I only seem to get a ticket every 2 years or so. That leads me to believe that you doing a lot more than you are telling us to bring attention to yourself. Maybe daddy will ground you and take away your license.

Last edited by raceboy; 04-06-2003 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2003, 09:54 PM
raceboy
Banned

Mods, please remove the above idiot. Thank you.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:58 PM
XBS
Veteran

for your info i dont live with my dad and i pay for my car, so my parents wouldnt take my car or license away and if the DMV takes my liscense i dont give a **** im still driving iv been driving since i was 15, your just a hater
Old 04-07-2003, 06:32 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by XBS
for your info i dont live with my dad and i pay for my car, so my parents wouldnt take my car or license away and if the DMV takes my liscense i dont give a **** im still driving iv been driving since i was 15, your just a hater
It's cool, I really don't give a crap if you kill yourself, just try not to take anyone with you, unless they also use the word "hater!"

I love how people come on here speaking their ghetto slang and want respect. Sorry kiddo.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:33 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by raceboy
Mods, please remove the above idiot. Thank you.
Thanks mods.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Heat

Ok man forget all of this. Just tell me this. You must be tryin to look cool by puttin in your sig that you have 6 tickets. Whats up with that......

Either you're lying or jus being takin pride dunno.

Im 18 and its cuz of drivers like you that my insurance is so high. The least you can do is go out and buy a radar detector.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
XBS
Veteran

im getting a radar jammer the black widow and the detector they have a deal on some site for em right now, and if u want i can scan my tickets, i might as well take pride in em lol i dont know i was bored, anyways raceboy i like how you talk **** and iv bet youv been in more accidents than i have been in, i really dont care if you think im not a safe driver, what ever man i dont have a problem with you i just dont understand why some of you show so much anger towards me when all im trying ask for is advice with my tickets, also i drive in alot of diffrent citys and 5 of my 6 tickets are in downey which is where i live, since all the cop here are 22 -25 they cant stand that i have a nice car i guess and give me ****, who else gets pulled over for not having plates on a new ****ing car anyways, i hope you guys dont have as bad luck as i did