Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Phoenix intl raceway this coming weekend.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:52 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix intl raceway this coming weekend.....

We will be at the Phoenix Intl raceway this coming weekend. Schuitemaker Motorsports has just signed a new sponsorship deal with the Jeff Wyler auto group of Cincinnati. We are excited to be envolved with one of the top dealerships in the country. The Jeff Wyler Auto group has 2 Nissan dealerships in the Cincinnati area.
PIR should be a great track for our 350Z as it is not a true horsepower track like Daytona and Homestead are. The Z's great braking along with the 350EVO suspension set up should shine.
We have been making big strides with our Z and the next two races (PIR and Barber Motorsports Park) should be great tracks for us. Wright Tuning is doing a great job with the 350Z and we are looking for some strong finishes in the near future.
In other news........Wright Tuning may soon be entering into the SCCA T2 category with their second 350Z and setting our eyes on the Valvoline Runoffs. This isnt set in stone but the wheels are turning. With the Runoffs in our backyard and lots of experience at Mid Ohio, who knows what might happen.........
stay tuned.

Last edited by dwnshift; 04-28-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:59 PM
jmark

Good luck BJ. Hope both Z teams do well this weekend. Who's driving the Z in T2? You or RG? T2 is shaping up to be quite a war Z vs F body. I know TC will have two cars soon and with yours that makes at least three. Car is much closer to stock in T2 but at certain tracks (MO included) with the right driver it has a shot (3088 lbs., great handling & brakes). I had hope to get to see you race at BMP & VIR. You guys got any team gear for sale yet?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:01 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys have any extra race seats open or maybe even for sale?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:44 PM
dwnshift

We have had a lot of track time at MO as of late with our Z. Nothing has been set in stone as of yet but I would love a shot at another Runoffs win. From what we have learned over the last couple of months I believe we can do it.
Like everything else in racing in just takes the right chips falling into the right places to happen, and even when that goes right there is plenty else that can go wrong.
We are currently only running one car in Grand Am Cup GS2 class, but I cannot say what the future brings. There is talk of building another car or two for customers.
Who is RG?
Cheers

BJZ

Last edited by dwnshift; 04-28-2003 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:00 PM
joeshow750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there. I live in Phoenix and have done quite a few trackdays at PIR. What time is the race at?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:03 PM
dwnshift

We are raing in the GS race on Sunday morning afternoon and then racing in the Rolex series race 45 minute after that.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:03 AM
jmark

Originally posted by dwnshift
We have had a lot of track time at MO as of late with our Z. Nothing has been set in stone as of yet but I would love a shot at another Runoffs win. From what we have learned over the last couple of months I believe we can do it.
Like everything else in racing in just takes the right chips falling into the right places to happen, and even when that goes right there is plenty else that can go wrong.
We are currently only running one car in Grand Am Cup GS2 class, but I cannot say what the future brings. There is talk of building another car or two for customers.
Who is RG?
Cheers

BJZ
BJZ,

I was hoping you'd get a shot at running T2. RG is Rick Gilhart. He has tested a stock Track at MO already. I thought it might have been your teams. He is pretty high on the Z's chances too. Good luck in Phoenix.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:12 AM
dwnshift

Rick is a great guy. We where all up there two weeks ago at a PCA DE event. He has been talking about doing T2 also with his car.
The only thing that hurts the Z in T2 this year is the pro ccourse configuration. I believe the club course would better suit it.
The pro course helps the V8's.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by dwnshift
We are raing in the GS race on Sunday morning afternoon and then racing in the Rolex series race 45 minute after that.
I thought all of the racing was on Saturday this weekend at PIR - no?
Old 04-30-2003, 07:18 PM
dwnshift

Yes the races are on Sat..........sorry.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course now that I get off my lazy butt and look for myself, it shows the ST Cup races on Friday, and everything else on Saturday. I guess PIR is too small for the whole Cup field at once? I was going to try to get out there this weekend, but I really wanted to see the ST cars run, too. Not sure about the trip now.

BTW, BJ, it was great running against you in SRF at the Runoffs a few years ago and in STI at CA Speedway last year (well, behind you, anyway). I've put most of my eggs in the Spec Miata basket for this year, but I'd like to run GA Cup again in near future. I've been in touch with the Unitech team, but I don't think I'll have enough extra budget to play with them this year.

Good luck!