Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

My Encounters With The E46 M3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Noize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its definitely driver.

A stock manual tranny (MT) E36 M3 is about equal with a stock MT 350Z. When I had my stock turbo with full exhaust, I could pull my friend's 350Z Track pretty hard from a roll, especially in first through third. At triple digits, I could only pull a car on him.

The other day, I ran an E46 with the new turbo (vf30). I pulled a couple cars on it from 90 to near the top of my 4th, but that car is definitely stout. It is A LOT faster than my friend's 350Z Track. Something is odd with your experiences. A kill is a kill, but don't think you could pull any well driven E46 MT, because you'll get surprised. What does your car run in the 1/4?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:19 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having encountered many E46 M3s at track weekends, with equal drivers, the E46 M3 pulls away from the Z on the straights, and has more rpms to play with. That said, the 350Z is more nimble in the corners, as I was often riding their bumper.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:12 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by KeyserSoze
TXSTYLE,

Seems as if you're taking argumentative advice from the Iraqi Information Minister.

If you're in Houston, I'll be your Huckleberry. Westheimer by Racing Solutions Inc, in front of a whole slew of car enthusiasts. Your 350Z vs my ///M Coupe. Besides one full day of performance school last Saturday, my only other experiences have been illegal road racing.

Whatcha say, I'm throwing down the gauntlet.

Lemme know and I can set this all up.
I'm in Dallas/Plano. I don't drive long distances (or in the rain) but if you ever come up, "Holla at me."
Old 05-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Quest330is

Hey TX, I dont have an e46 M3 but I'm willing to bet that I can damn sure take you in my e36. I live in the midcities area and can meet up anytime for a good run. Let me know.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:38 AM
KeyserSoze

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
I'm in Dallas/Plano. I don't drive long distances (or in the rain) but if you ever come up, "Holla at me."
TXSTYLE,

Lots of M3 (E36&E46) owners within the D/FW area wanting to run ya. Register @ bimmerforums.com and post a challenge.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:58 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Any takers can let me know here. Again, I am not "hunting down M3's" nor saying I will win against every one as I stated earlier. .
And Quest330is, as long as you are STOCK, not a prob. We'll try and coordinate our schedules for a time and place.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-01-2003 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Quest330is

Well I'm not stock but I am NA and behind an e46 M3 by about a car or car and a half so it should be equal shouldnt it?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:14 AM
KeyserSoze

Default Re: My Encounters With The E46 M3....

You have to show me, with me behind the wheel lined up with an M3, we run, and he beats me, to prove me wrong.
And oh yes. That is a welcome invitation for ANY stock M3 owner in the area to show me differently.....

TX [/B]
Sounds like you're huntin' an M3 to me.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:36 AM
LonghornE46M3

Perfect!

I live in the M Streets (near downtown Dallas) and work in Plano. I drive a Silver 2001 E46 M3 6 speed and would love a "friendly run" with you. I work near Coit and Plano Parkway.

I am going on vacation tomorrow but will be back next Sunday and if you are still game we should set something up.

We can go from a dig or roll and we can get it on tape.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:49 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Re: My Encounters With The E46 M3....

Sounds like you're huntin' an M3 to me.
Saying you have to show me is alot different than saying, "I'm constantly looking for an M3!" or "I still can't find more M3's to run damnit!" HUGE difference.

Originally posted by LonghornE46M3
I am going on vacation tomorrow but will be back next Sunday and if you are still game we should set something up.
Cool. Sounds good. Maybe you'll put the smack down and prove the other 2 encounters I had were a fluke... Holler at me next week. And I appreciate the "tactfull" reponse to my offer without coming on and "flaming, bashing, or otherwise talkin sh**" like I read so often in these scenarios.

TX
Old 05-01-2003, 11:53 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Are you at Alcatel by chance? I know that's right near where I used to take my Lexus for service (Davenport Motors) near Huffines Chevy.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:59 AM
KeyserSoze

*coughbackpedalcough*
Old 05-01-2003, 12:06 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Quest330is
Hey TX, I dont have an e46 M3 but I'm willing to bet that I can damn sure take you in my e36. I live in the midcities area and can meet up anytime for a good run. Let me know.
oh, Geez. WHat has this thread become??

lets keep this to a E46 and Z, we already know how the E36 compares. SO too ALL E36 owners, go back to your BMW boards, unless you have something nice to say .

yes, I am VERY familiar with teh E36, my father use to have one and I drove it all the time (Dinan chip,exhaust,intake,headwork, etc....) it was a very fun car, so don't tell me that I don't respect the 36, this issue just has NOTHING to do with it.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:13 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

*coughbackpedalcough*
I see you are attempting (*NOTE* attempting!) to get a rise out of me by talkin smack. Mature and Tactful posts are the only replies I respond to (usually). It is obvious you came "trolling" by and was like, "Oh no he didn't! Let me hurry up and go jump on the Bimmer forums and start up some sh**!" It's all good bro'. Just remember when you quote me on the bimmer threads, quote EVERYTHING I say, and not just exerpts. By that I mean a more "represenative" quote of me would be: "Hmmm? There's a guy over on the Z Boards who has somehow managed to beat a coupe of M3 drivers in a street race. And he welcomes a friendly challenge."
Old 05-01-2003, 12:14 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by rodH
oh, Geez. WHat has this thread become??

lets keep this to a E46 and Z, we already know how the E36 compares. SO too ALL E36 owners, go back to your BMW boards, unless you have something nice to say .

yes, I am VERY familiar with teh E36, my father use to have one and I drove it all the time (Dinan chip,exhaust,intake,headwork, etc....) it was a very fun car, so don't tell me that I don't respect the 36, this issue just has NOTHING to do with it.
Amen!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:23 PM
LonghornE46M3

Yep. I work in Sales at Alcatel. (The new building near the Bush tollway off Independence)

Anyway, I don't get to worked up over which car is faster but I thought when it is over, you could give me a ride and vice versa. I haven't had the pleasure of riding in one of the new Zs and the Nissan Dealers are a bunch of ******. I think they look great
Old 05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Montez

Originally posted by Hedonist
Having encountered many E46 M3s at track weekends, with equal drivers, the E46 M3 pulls away from the Z on the straights, and has more rpms to play with. That said, the 350Z is more nimble in the corners, as I was often riding their bumper.
Exactly!
Old 05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by LonghornE46M3
Yep. I work in Sales at Alcatel. (The new building near the Bush tollway off Independence)

Anyway, I don't get to worked up over which car is faster but I thought when it is over, you could give me a ride and vice versa. I haven't had the pleasure of riding in one of the new Zs and the Nissan Dealers are a bunch of ******. I think they look great
I have a good friend in IT at that location (drives a new Burgundy Vette) right across the street from Huffines.
Sounds like a plan! And for the record...I think the E46 is a GORGEOUS ride inside and out!
Especially my boy's here: (and NO, I haven't ran him. He'd eat my lunch! It is VERY modded, with a supercharger in the works)

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-01-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Quest330is

Hey rod, no need to be rude, I was just asking for a simple friendly run. I didnt come on here and flame or start any sort of war, but I will go back to my BMW board where I actually get the same respect that I give.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:51 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

I didn't see anything wrong with your post dude. And RodH is actually pretty on the Level and unbiased as I have seen. So it's all good. By the way, NICE setup there with the "angel eyes and all". So since you have admitted you're NOT stock, what's your mods?

Quick Reply: My Encounters With The E46 M3....