Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

My Encounters With The E46 M3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 01:07 PM
JamRWS6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought i'd say to NOT go by what you see at the track too much....i know if i have a bad launch or i miss a shift a lot of the time i'll just let out rather than beating on the car any further for a bad run.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Blowpop

you missed my point......all i said is TXS beating an M3 is possible and i have seen it first hand.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:58 PM
e46fanatic

Originally posted by AngelGT2000
With all due respect, this thread should have never been posted in the first place by a Mod. They are the ones who are "supposed" to keep the order on the boards, remain neutral, and keep an open mind. Personally, it makes this site, as well as it's members, look bad. Some of the stuff TX said was uncalled for, could have been stated better, or better left unsaid.
I completely agree, a mod in particular should have KNOWN BETTER than to start a M3 vs. Z thread and to also exclusively say that their Z is faster, eventhough in truth we all know the M3 is clearly the faster car. This is totally uncalled for, and for a Z owner(especially a mod) to call all the M3 owners out for a beatdown is not a wise decision and misrepresents Z owners in general.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:16 PM
silverstone_350z

Originally posted by Blowpop
you missed my point......all i said is TXS beating an M3 is possible and i have seen it first hand.

ooo..are you cute?

haha, i am jk
Old 05-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Blowpop

Originally posted by silverstone_350z
ooo..are you cute?

haha, i am jk
hahaha, that's exactly the reason why i didn't post a pic up... dont want to get hounded.....not saying im all conceited and stuff....but it's happened on e46fanatics...haaa...bunch of horn dogs

BTW, nice 60 foot time
Old 05-31-2003, 09:01 PM
SteveZ

Default The M3 Bad Attitude

Does anyone else have this Bavarian Bullseye on the back of their Z? I've had MULTIPLE M3's give me the *hit on the road.

One piece of advice - speed in gears, watch out for the 112 mph 4th-5th shift, the M3 can roll up to 136 in 4th, 5th is 1:1 like the Z.

Why watch out? A shift, even if less than 0.5s, is at least 2-3 car lengths at 110-130 mph. If the Teutonic Idiot doesn't have to shift, you're toast on the open highway unless you keep that in mind.

Answer: M3 range for 4th gear is 100-136 mph. Z range for 3-4th is 88-112mph. Don't get caught short in 4th against an M3 that revs to 7000 rpm plus. If you have to shift at the end of 4th, you're toast (assuming you're headed to 140+).

Shift early to 5th (~100mph) and let Nissan's awesome torque keep you in the game - against a -40 bhp deficit, you have to leverage your strengths.

I toasted an M3 after 120 mph in 5th, as he's running out of peak torque before 136, in 5th the Z is not.

What a bunch of babies; one slightly bad mark in a magazine, and the Z is their instant Nemesis...I guess I might feel the same if I dropped 20k plus more...for less.
Attached Thumbnails My Encounters With The E46 M3....-stevez.jpg  
Old 05-31-2003, 10:42 PM
JamRWS6

Default Re: The M3 Bad Attitude

Originally posted by SteveZ
Does anyone else have this Bavarian Bullseye on the back of their Z? I've had MULTIPLE M3's give me the *hit on the road.

One piece of advice - speed in gears, watch out for the 112 mph 4th-5th shift, the M3 can roll up to 136 in 4th, 5th is 1:1 like the Z.

Why watch out? A shift, even if less than 0.5s, is at least 2-3 car lengths at 110-130 mph. If the Teutonic Idiot doesn't have to shift, you're toast on the open highway unless you keep that in mind.

Answer: M3 range for 4th gear is 100-136 mph. Z range for 3-4th is 88-112mph. Don't get caught short in 4th against an M3 that revs to 7000 rpm plus. If you have to shift at the end of 4th, you're toast (assuming you're headed to 140+).

Shift early to 5th (~100mph) and let Nissan's awesome torque keep you in the game - against a -40 bhp deficit, you have to leverage your strengths.

I toasted an M3 after 120 mph in 5th, as he's running out of peak torque before 136, in 5th the Z is not.

What a bunch of babies; one slightly bad mark in a magazine, and the Z is their instant Nemesis...I guess I might feel the same if I dropped 20k plus more...for less.
First of all....you don't shift early and get out of your powerband.........torque isn't gonna help you while rolling....HP is.

And if you are losing 2-3 cars while shifting you don't know how to shift.........should be 2-3 feet not cars.
Old 06-01-2003, 12:40 PM
e46fanatic

Default Re: The M3 Bad Attitude

Originally posted by SteveZ

I have no idea who that remark was towards to or what your babbling intent is, but go re-read the original post to the entire thread and re-evaulate who called out M3's first. I don't think for the majority of M3 drivers they have the bad attitude, typically they wouldn't waste such gas. Normally, I would think the more underpowered vehicle would pick fights on the faster car to prove something they are lacking. Don't get me wrong, both cars are great and I'm a fan of both, but the majority of attitudes here have turned to a childish debate- the old "my car is better than yours".