Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Orange 350Z vs. VR-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 10:48 AM
pearl demon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/sho...threadid=51184

That was posted by the ONLY admin at 3si.org.

Last edited by pearl demon; 05-11-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2003, 01:27 PM
RoK1RiCh

Originally posted by pearl demon
I live in the north burbs... Gurnee.

By LS1, I was talking more-so about F-bods.

C5 huh? Cool... maybe we can set something up... RSD?
hello fellow neighbor, it's good to hear about fast imports in the gurnee area. i'm kinda sick of seeing 30 mustang gts with the ram air hood all day long. it's no competition...lol...anyways, ever heard of a place called G ZONE? it's an internet cafe for counter strike freaks. located on milwaukee and deerfield. anyways, bunch of dudes with fast cars from the area come to chat about cars and shh...i gotta buddy with an eclipse that'll give u a run for your money! the black v06 you saw comes here as well. i got a chrome silver 350z in the gurnee area. give me a wave if you see me around. DRIVE SAFELY!!
Old 05-11-2003, 03:27 PM
max2000jp

Just an observation:
Why is everyone so amazed at quick 1/4 times? A monkey can drive a car in a straight line, it isn't that hard. Run some quick laps and your car will impress me and so will your skills.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:03 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by max2000jp
Just an observation:
Why is everyone so amazed at quick 1/4 times? A monkey can drive a car in a straight line, it isn't that hard. Run some quick laps and your car will impress me and so will your skills.
It's an easy way for people to compare "performance" of their respective vehicles. Not everyone can go hop on a roadcourse and run laps all day. Furthermore, drag strips are all the same 1320ft....an "industry standard" if you will. Road courses are all different. So saying that you ran 1:40 around big willow means nothing to someone who has never run their car at willow.
Old 05-11-2003, 04:57 PM
pearl demon

Originally posted by RoK1RiCh
hello fellow neighbor, it's good to hear about fast imports in the gurnee area. i'm kinda sick of seeing 30 mustang gts with the ram air hood all day long. it's no competition...lol...anyways, ever heard of a place called G ZONE? it's an internet cafe for counter strike freaks. located on milwaukee and deerfield. anyways, bunch of dudes with fast cars from the area come to chat about cars and shh...i gotta buddy with an eclipse that'll give u a run for your money! the black v06 you saw comes here as well. i got a chrome silver 350z in the gurnee area. give me a wave if you see me around. DRIVE SAFELY!!
Hey whats up? No I have never heard of it, probably because I never go down there. I'd like to meet you all though, that's a pretty quick Z06! 12.2 right?? Eclipse? GSX...? White? Ricky?

Anyway, PM/AIM(boostyle72) me and maybe we can meet up one of these days. I'm also sick of seeing all these ricers that hang out at Taco Smell and Krisky Kreme.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:02 PM
pearl demon

Originally posted by VQRACING
lol, i do not know how to "write english"? Alright buddy. lol, are you the guy who posted that thread in the 3si.org trying to trick us Z owners? I have a feeling you did. And i asked for a picture of a time slip, not just a "thread story". lol, and did you see the replys of the 3si.org members? One even wrote down " i went to the track last time and saw a vr4 run a 14.5". Pearl Demon, again for the 99999999th time, you never answered or showed and answer to my question. I want real time slips, for christ's sake.
I am not responding to this '****wad'-english.
If you don't believe it **** if I care.

Go race the broke *** 14.5 second VR-4's in your area.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:56 PM
pearl demon

Squashed.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:08 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by NosExhaustNos
Finally, A Post within Reason. WashUjon, do you go to university of washington in st. louis? Or the one in seattle.
I graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 2001. Back in college I had a charcoal gray (gunmetal) '92 VR-4.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:14 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by RoK1RiCh
I live in Skokie. I should come out to that place and hang out.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 AM
pearl demon

Originally posted by WashUJon
I live in Skokie. I should come out to that place and hang out.
we should set up a meet.

Last edited by pearl demon; 05-12-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Marc's R/T

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
just face it dude...from a roll, it's a drivers race. Nothing more, nothing less.

oh..and if weight doesn't matter from a roll....why will a Supra TT making EXACTLY the same HP and torque as a VR4 rape the Mitsu from a roll-on???
Stock Supra TT's have a stronger fuel system and larger turbos than stock VR4/Stealth TT's. If they could hook up off the line like the VR4 then they would be running in the 12's instead of low-mid 13's. Obviously, from a roll traction is less of an issue for it.

Stock 2nd gen VR4/Stealth TT's can run 13.5-13.7 1/4's with a driver that knows how to launch AWD. I ran my stock 97 VR4 to a 13.6 a few years ago at the track and with $900 in mods ran 12.6 on the same track a year later.

It does ultimately come down to the driver as different drivers will get you different results but there's no doubt that a VR4/Stealth TT will outrun a 350Z from a stop and a roll(from a roll will be a bit closer).
Old 05-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by Marc's R/T
Stock Supra TT's have a stronger fuel system and larger turbos than stock VR4/Stealth TT's. If they could hook up off the line like the VR4 then they would be running in the 12's instead of low-mid 13's. Obviously, from a roll traction is less of an issue for it.

Stock 2nd gen VR4/Stealth TT's can run 13.5-13.7 1/4's with a driver that knows how to launch AWD. I ran my stock 97 VR4 to a 13.6 a few years ago at the track and with $900 in mods ran 12.6 on the same track a year later.

It does ultimately come down to the driver as different drivers will get you different results but there's no doubt that a VR4/Stealth TT will outrun a 350Z from a stop and a roll(from a roll will be a bit closer).
again..i have raced 2 vr4s and no they cannot beat a Z from a roll..
if u start from 70 , the Z will pull at around 80 and still pulling until we both stop racing.
i bet some of u guys never raced a Z from a 70mph roll before.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:03 PM
pearl demon

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
again..i have raced 2 vr4s and no they cannot beat a Z from a roll..
if u start from 70 , the Z will pull at around 80 and still pulling until we both stop racing.
i bet some of u guys never raced a Z from a 70mph roll before.
Just cuz you raced two of them doesn't mean you can beat all of the stock ones.

I bet you never raced one that knew WTF they were doing, r maybe they weren't in good condition... the car's are pretty old now...

Marc's R/T just said he owned a 97 VR-4 and now owns a G35c and told you which one was faster.

Get over it.

Last edited by pearl demon; 05-12-2003 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:02 PM
S8ER95Z

I ran a black VR-4 leaving town late one night.. from a 90mph roll up past 150mph.. Unsure of mods, if any. It appeard stock..no audible/visible exhaust changes.. possibly a 97 model (someone in town told me that and knows the owner..however I never managed to get any details. )

I was screwing with him trying to get him to go the whole time..and finally we just paced each other leaving town.. at about ~90mph we were heading thru the last stoplight in town. (About a 1/2 mile out of town there is a light for the expressway)..I was leading about a car length ahead of him... we were within a few carlengths of the light and obviously not going to stop for it.. he nailed it and I noticed him flying up next to me.. he reached my rear bumper before I went WOT... He slipped ahead about half a car length and I could not pull him back in ... just stayed that way until I buried my speedo (150) and finally let off. For comparisons sake I have pulled several stock LS1 cars in the triple digits. I was quite amazed.

I would also presume a TT car to have a better topend than a N/A with almost equal if not less Hp/Trq output. I guess all this bench racing doesn't add up to me. Its obviously possible that the one I ran was modded .. I just didn't notice any indications of a "Weak" topend.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:50 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
gaining 20mph in the last 1/8 and gaining 23mph in the last 1/8 is definitely a difference if you know anything about drag racing. There are a few Z's on here trapping 80mph in the 1/8 and they run 102-103mph traps in the 1/4.
I trap 86 in the 1/8 and 110 in the 1/4 = 24 mph gain

I love the Z cars but i would expect to walk one like a scalded dog from a roll

Last edited by JamRWS6; 05-12-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:38 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by pearl demon
Just cuz you raced two of them doesn't mean you can beat all of the stock ones.

I bet you never raced one that knew WTF they were doing, r maybe they weren't in good condition... the car's are pretty old now...

Marc's R/T just said he owned a 97 VR-4 and now owns a G35c and told you which one was faster.

Get over it.
gotta love the excuse "well if you beat them they didn't know how to drive"

furthermore...since when is a G35 Coupe the same car as a 350Z???
Old 05-12-2003, 10:39 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by JamRWS6
I trap 86 in the 1/8 and 110 in the 1/4 = 24 mph gain

I love the Z cars but i would expect to walk one like a scalded dog from a roll
and where did anyone say that a Z could beat a M6 LS1 from a roll???

Quick Reply: Orange 350Z vs. VR-4