Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Zmoney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

I saw him at the light so I speed up to line it up. The light turns green and I bog a little on the launch, smack 2nd and get loose. At the end of 2nd I had a car on em, put it in third and was still pulling on him, we got to 80 and I shut it down. Too many cops out on thursday night looking for squids on bikes. We caught the next light with traffic in front and we talk for a min. He said " I know them Zs are fast" I gave em the thumbs up and that was that.

I also raced a 01-02 lightning last week. He was on my **** playing around a bit. He was with his chick. We catch the light and I turn off the traction control. I had a good launch and put a car and a half on him, we stayed that way until about 80 and he gave up. He gave me a thumbs up and made a right. Then I look down and noticed I forgot to turn off the A/C, it was on low. I couldnt believe I pulled that much on him w/ the a/c on too ( I know they are capable of 12s if tuned right). And I know he was racing cause we both made point to speed up to the red light to line it up.

Both of these races were on 436 in orlando by the Nissan dealer w/ a 45mph speed limit, 3 lane roads in each direction.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Heineken

Congrats on NOT getting anyone killed. Please think twice before street racing again. See this post: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=29532
Old 05-16-2003, 06:10 AM
brandboZ28

Nice kills.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:52 AM
Zmoney

Originally posted by Heineken
Congrats on NOT getting anyone killed. Please think twice before street racing again. See this post: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=29532

I read that thread....horrible thing. I knew someone was going make a comment like that. I hope you take the time to put that comment on every thread that relates to racing on this forum.

In any case there was no traffic or pedestrians around at the time, at the same time I know there is always a risk. I am not one of those people that plays cat n mouse through traffic. Like I said its a 3 lane road in each direction, but you are right racing is best kept at the track. I know a lot of people agree that the temptation is hard to pass up when you see the opportunity.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:23 PM
Caswell

Default Re: Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

Originally posted by Zmoney
Then I look down and noticed I forgot to turn off the A/C, it was on low. I couldnt believe I pulled that much on him w/ the a/c on too...
Having the AC on makes no difference when you floor it. Just about every car made in the past decade disengages the AC compressor clutch when you go WOT.

Idiots like you are one of the few reasons I'm glad I moved out of Orlando. Racing to 80mph on Semoran? Too bad the cops didn't catch you.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Zmoney

Default Re: Re: Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

Originally posted by Caswell
Having the AC on makes no difference when you floor it. Just about every car made in the past decade disengages the AC compressor clutch when you go WOT.

Idiots like you are one of the few reasons I'm glad I moved out of Orlando. Racing to 80mph on Semoran? Too bad the cops didn't catch you.

I feel a difference with the a/c on

There was no traffic

Real big internet tough guy aye? Funny, there is 100+ threads on street racing in this forum, I hope you called everyone a idiot on the other threads too, tough guy!

You ****ing people that try to police these threads amaze me. I bet you never speed, or have a beer and drive right. Perfect citizin right?

That is my last comment on this thread. Mods feel free to delete/close this as it is going no where.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Heineken

You are right Z-Money, I am certainly not a perfect driver, nor have i commented on every thread similar to yours. I don't read every message posted on this board, but I just happened to notice yours and commented on it.

Do I speed? Yes, I do. Do I race other cars on the street? Absolutely not.

I have been approached at work by many people that have wanted to race, and I turn them down cold turkey. They probably think that I am a wus, or chicken s**t, but I don't care. I feel it's the bigger man that can walk away from a challenge that could end in the death of myself or others.

Part of the reason I became more safety concious is my job. You see, I am a company commander in the Army, and effectively am resposible for over 300 lives. The biggest killer in the Army is still POV (Privately Owned Vehicles) accidents. If I don't set the example, my young, brash, and brave soldiers will certainly not.

Just think about it the next time you are challenged. You may think it can never happen to you, but it can.

Be safe!
Old 05-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Caswell

Default Re: Re: Re: Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

I feel a difference with the a/c on
Placebo.

There was no traffic
Pretty odd for that part of town (just north of Colonial, right?) at any time of day.

Real big internet tough guy aye? Funny, there is 100+ threads on street racing in this forum, I hope you called everyone a idiot on the other threads too, tough guy!
I'm sorry you get your panties in a wad over someone calling you an idiot on the internet. The reason I did in this instance is that I know that part of town, or at least what it was like five years ago. I did tell someone else on these forums that they were stupid for street racing around my current home, as the streets are pretty busy at any time of day as well.

You ****ing people that try to police these threads amaze me. I bet you never speed, or have a beer and drive right. Perfect citizin right?

That is my last comment on this thread. Mods feel free to delete/close this as it is going no where.
Speed? Yeah. You have to in metro Detroit or you get run over. Street racing's a different story.

EDIT: Nice job on the Z28 and the L, regardless of my take on street racing.

Last edited by Caswell; 05-16-2003 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:53 PM
JamRWS6

If you beat a Lightning out of the hole the guy didn't know how to drive.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:28 AM
sukkoi19

Originally posted by JamRWS6
I was utterly amazed when I read that as well.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:41 AM
Zmoney

Originally posted by JamRWS6
yeah, I figured as much, I know those trucks can move off the line
Old 05-17-2003, 08:59 AM
wadd3456

Hey Im a former Orlando person also. I honestly dont see how you can go 80 on Semoran with all those GD cars everywhere going slow. Then agian, later it gets the less traffic.

I miss Orlando
Old 05-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Zmoney

Originally posted by wadd3456
Hey Im a former Orlando person also. I honestly dont see how you can go 80 on Semoran with all those GD cars everywhere going slow. Then agian, later it gets the less traffic.

I miss Orlando
If you catch the light at Hangin Moss heading toward the airport, right around 730 it was clear. You have that whole stretch that runs from that light pass the Nissan dealer on the left up to old cheney. Everyone speeds on that stretch (60-65 is common), they dont do 80 but you get the idea. Also everyone knows that it doesnt take much to get to 80 in the Z.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:53 PM
S8ER95Z

Default Re: Re: Re: Killed an Z28 LT1 and a lightning.

You ****ing people that try to police these threads amaze me. I bet you never speed, or have a beer and drive right.
I Speed all the time... drinking even a beer and driving.. ****ing stupid. NEVER DONE IT. Never will..
Old 05-18-2003, 04:40 PM
PhantomZ

damn bro, I'm lucky if i can drive 8 on semoran much less 80. But at night it does clear up quite a bit for you who used to live in Orlando...but during the day, Fuggedahboutit. SVT L's are quick as hell. Nice job w/ that one.
I personally try to avoid Semoran Blvd @ all costs. i ****ing hate that road...nobody every pays attention to anybody but their own damn self when they're driving there. I have been cut off, tailgated by about 3 inches...and a bunch of other bull like that. All within like 5 minutes of each other... oh well.
Everybody speeds, and ill catch hell for this, but if you are out in the open and know how to drive...Street racing is ok...sometimes you just gotta do something.... kick some civics ***....