Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

12.87 @112mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 05:59 PM
AtlZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, congrats on the run. Looks like a couple of haters on here that are jealous that you have a faster car and got into the 12's before them. They know who they are!
Old 05-24-2003, 09:30 PM
joeshow750

Congrats on the 12. Heavier clutch and 11's maybe?
Got me thinking about the David Bowie song too...that beat was in a different song too, wasn't it? Ah ****!!! Now I got Ice Ice Baby in my head .
Old 05-24-2003, 09:52 PM
DRAG Z(KY)

Yea, I was at clay city friday night and I saw the first run when he bogged it and went 117mph and I also saw the second run when he ran the 12.87 at 112mph. I would say when we see 1.6ish 60-foots outta that car im sure he'll be the first in the 11's also.
Drag Z(KY)
smjspeed@aol.com
02 Lightning
94 Supra T
91 (Single Turbo) 300ZX
Old 05-25-2003, 01:23 AM
12SecZ

You want the slips, you get to pay to get them there. I'm not spending a penny of my money to make you feel better about being the 2nd one to the 12's....
I'm not a hater I just think posting a bitmap and demanding people payt to see his slips is wrong when I have shared my progress every step of the way to help others through my ups and downs.

Sounds like some here didn't apreciate it that's all and some are selfish.

For instance I had a deal with VQ that when I hit 12's I would not say a word and I would let him break the news with pics of the actual slips and my setup for a nice article etc.

I was going to let VQ make the announcement for the board!

Not just belt it out with a bitmap then demand people pay to see the slips and keep all my mods secret.

Apples to Oranges.

No sour grapes here I knew the clock was ticking and I am glad someone broke 12's in a V6!

It's just too bad they had to be so rude about it on such a friendly board and that's my 2 cents.

Congratulations though for being the first board member in the 12's. Not the first Z though that was a 12.9 long before you or I ever came close.

So now we have a 12 on the board, too bad it didn't go through VQ like I had set up and announced in a better way instead of paint shop but a 12 is a 12 is a 12. Ya Know.

I'm shooting for DEEP 12's and it won't involve upping N20 jets or anything insane like that.

You got 12's and a broken down car. Nice job!

I love competition!

Peace!
Old 05-25-2003, 07:42 AM
UnderPressure

Originally posted by MaxHax
I'm not a hater I just think posting a bitmap and demanding people payt to see his slips is wrong when I have shared my progress every step of the way to help others through my ups and downs.
I never demanded money to see the slips, I posted a scan of the time slips. Remember the infamous BMP image your so fond of crowing about. I said if you want the originals I'll be happy to ship them to you. You pay the shipping cost. That coment was directed expressly towards you. You were the one making the claim they were altered.

Sounds like some here didn't apreciate it that's all and some are selfish.
[/B]
I've got a buisness to run. I would be in buisness for very long if I gave away all my knowledge and tricks to everyone who asked.

For instance I had a deal with VQ that when I hit 12's I would not say a word and I would let him break the news with pics of the actual slips and my setup for a nice article etc.

I was going to let VQ make the announcement for the board!
[/B]
So I was suppose to know about a private agreement between you and another member of this board? How's the logic work out on that one.
VQ has been in touch w/ me since and I will be supplying him w/ pics of this upcoming weekend's event.

... and keep all my mods secret.
[/B]
Once again, buisness.

No sour grapes here I knew the clock was ticking and I am glad someone broke 12's in a V6!
[/B]
Thank you.

It's just too bad they had to be so rude about it on such a friendly board and that's my 2 cents.
[/B]
You came out in your very first post attacking my claim. Up to this point that's all you've tried to do. I've just been defending myself.

Congratulations though for being the first board member in the 12's. Not the first Z though that was a 12.9 long before you or I ever came close.
[/B]
I've heard about this run, from the greddy car I'm assuming. Has anyone ever witnessed the car run that fast? I'm just curious if it's marketing hype or not. I believe their car is capable of doing it,I'd just like some confirmation from an actual human not assocation w/ greddy. You wanted an outside source to confirm my times. Has anyone confirmed this 12.9 run?

I'm shooting for DEEP 12's and it won't involve upping N20 jets or anything insane like that.

You got 12's and a broken down car. Nice job!

I love competition!

Peace! [/B]
Good luck on the run into the 12's.
Change spark plug, 5 minutes. Car is back and ready for testing this week. Not exactly what I'd consider broken down.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:24 AM
FLY BY Z

Yeah well that part of your plug that broke off is in your motor. Also, what are you talking about shipping time slips? Ever hear of a stamp? You are running nitrous; I know you can't be THAT cheap.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:11 AM
DrDrilZ

i believe he stated he was gonna OVERNIGHT the time slip to max. that takes more than a stamp. i cant see why people are so bitter towards this guy. so what if he has a faster car? is that so hard to live with?
Old 05-25-2003, 10:18 AM
12SecZ

I'm glad you are working out the details with VQ, that is how it should be done. He probably didn't contact you because you were so secret in your goal and I was vocal. Understandable for him IMHO.

I am disapointed that everything must be kept so secret because of your business though. Why scream out loud **12's** in the subject title if others can't learn from you on how you did it?

Seems pointless.

Anyways lets end on a good note by saying congrats and I look forward to the pics and of course, beating your time!

My last test N tune (and they do keep records BTW) was a 95 degree day and I ran into some heat issues I need to address!

Rather than abuse my engine and tranny for a 12 second slip we shut it down. Need a tranny and oil cooler for one. See things like that the board should know about that is why I share. 1.7 60 foot though just too hot and not worth it since the Greddy car had already hit 12's. I have lots of fun pics of some cool cars to share later though when I have more time to resize etc! And a couple cool pics of EJ's (Jimmy's runs all motor!) Fun but hot.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:26 AM
12SecZ

i believe he stated he was gonna OVERNIGHT the time slip to max. that takes more than a stamp. i cant see why people are so bitter towards this guy. so what if he has a faster car? is that so hard to live with?
Not bitter just trying to get more facts that he says he can't give out that has all been clarified.

I have a business too but it's not cars lol! If he had sponsors and I did it on my own then that makes me even more proud!

Shipping Overnight not necassary if he posted the original slip to the board (not a paint shop version) and a pic or link to ftp video (even better)
cost = FREE.

Let's not turn this into a bad thread I apoligize for saying it appeared to be altered so that should address that. I will man up on that. But I would have said BS to ANY bitmap time slip I didn't single him out, it's just not a good way to announce times was my point.

I just don't want everyone to start posting bitmaps for time slips because if that's the case I can post a 10 second run right now with a 3.0 60' and 75 mph trap!

Know what I mean?

Peace!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:35 AM
99AllTurbo

Congrats on your run and that sweet 117mph Underpressure.
It's great to see a 350 finally go that fast.
Keep us posted on newer times.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Importlife.com

You guys are taking this too seriously! It's not like we are racing for money here. If he says he did 12s at 117 then so be it. But I drive mine to and from the track, no trailoring here! hehe.

jk. everyone is different. And lets not forget people use numbers loosely when talking about how many shots. I thought I was setup for 100 shot but I learned i was only getting about 60 whp from the nitrous when we dynoed. The NITROUS:FUEL ratio on my jets are 46:30, recommended by Holley. So either they miscalculated or the install needs to be tuned. Either way, I think I can be in the 11s with 150 shots to the wheels and empty some weight. If you all remember i ran a 13.11 at 106mph with a fully loaded car and a full tank of gas on my 60 whp shot setup. I am only 1.1 seconds away from breaking into 11s.

I posted timeslips and have witnesses from this board who saw my trunk load of **** and my 19" wheels.

I do agree with Max on the point that if you are posting on the forum your slips, it would be helpful to provide your setup. We are a growing community and everyone here is interested in learning how to tune their cars.

Just be safe out there. and keep up the good work on your cars.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:27 AM
12SecZ

Good post, good info.

My car is a daily driver lol! A commute at that!

46:30?

Mine is 50 28 or something like that and puts down 105 to the rear but they are NX Jets on a ZEX Kit.

The ZEX numbers are completly different that is why I called Bottle Fed Racing for mine they can give exact numbers everyone else gave me 3 different sets of numbers!

Even the jettings I have could be wrong that is why my next trip is to the Dyno with A/F too and not the track.

I will post N/A and bottle Dyno charts on Thursday in a different thread.

Till then..
Old 05-25-2003, 11:41 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

287+~150=440hp.

yeahhhh, you need a new clutch man.

and a new LSD IMO if your running slicks with that much power.

perhaps you have either of those.

looks good, nice tires, Im just chillin over here with my 14s but one day Ill hit 11s, thats all I want, but I want to do it without any juice.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:03 PM
DrDrilZ

well i guess every thing all good now. its good to see friendly competition. good luck to underpressure, max, and importlife. it will be interesting to watch your cars go faster and faster.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:04 PM
2000 SS

Originally posted by UnderPressure

[
This is the type of pic of a Z I always wanted to see. It REEKS of testosterone with that rubber!!! All we ever see are the pencilneck versions
Again, congrats on the 12's!
Old 05-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I would now like to start seeing some 12's without juice.. Ya NOS will get you down the strip in the 12's but can you really say your driving a 12 second car?
Old 05-25-2003, 01:37 PM
12SecZ

Ya NOS will get you down the strip in the 12's but can you really say your driving a 12 second car?
Yes of course. That's what you ran that's what the slip says!

All throttle no bottle in the Z33 that will be awhile (espicially in an A5T) which I drive. but it will happen in time.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:51 PM
UnderPressure

Yes of course. That's what you ran that's what the slip says!

All throttle no bottle in the Z33 that will be awhile (espicially in an A5T) which I drive. but it will happen in time.
I agree, it will be a little while before a 350Z will run 12's on motor alone. I'd say it will happen within the next 2 months though, I have a real good feeling about that.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:27 PM
scan

underpressure,

grats on breakin into the 12's ... good times.

Quick Reply: 12.87 @112mph