Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Took a Z28 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Eric1h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Caswell
You want to know how to get us "off your backs"? Stop repeating history with every GD LS1 kill post. I see nothing unlikely about an LS1 kill in a Z33, but every one of them that spirals into the depths of gheyness at the hands of a Z owner goes something like this...

Z33'er: "My Z33 could smoke an LS1 f-body"
Example:

Z33'er (when confronted with the fact that the LS1 f-body is faster stock for stock): "Well a 350Z with <insert minor mod here> would smoke an LS1 f-body."
Example:

Z33'er (when confronted with the fact that the only 350Z here in the low 13's is on a 100 shot of N2O": Oh well, it doesn't matter because I'd own you in the twisties."
Example:

Now at this point, I sometimes like to point out the LS1 f-body has owned SCCA club racing's T2 class running against M3's, S2000's, Boxsters and the like, all while breathing through a restrictor plate and while carrying 150lbs. of ballast, but in most cases I worry that those facts may shatter the fragile egos of some 350Z owners. Sometimes it's best to let you hold on to the fallacy of the f-car's lack of road course prowess - I'm a benevolant soul after all.
I feel priveleged that you quoted all of my replies but you failed to quote the one where i said, I mistyped LS1 and meant to say LT1.........anyhoo, this post has spiraled out of control and has lost all informative value.

And i have NEVER SAID, nor have i seen anyone post saying, i can smoke an SS or WS6.......you guys have fun, im moving on to posts that matter
Old 05-27-2003, 03:49 PM
StockLT1

Originally posted by Eric1h
1993-95 LT1 Firebird Formula/Trans Am:
275 HP @ 5000 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1993-95 LT1 Camaro Z28:
275 HP @ 5000 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm

1993 LT1 Firehawk:
300 HP @ 5000 rpm / 330 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2000 rpm
1994 LT1 Firehawk:
(315 HP @ 5000 rpm / 342 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4000 rpm
w/optional exhaust)
1995 LT1 Firehawk:
(315 HP @ 5500 rpm / 342 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
w/optional exhaust)

1996-97 LT1 Firebird Formula/Trans Am:
285 HP @ 5200 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1996-97 LT1 Camaro Z28:
285 HP @ 5200 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1996-97 LT1 Firebird Formula/Trans Am WS-6:
305 HP @ 5200 rpm / 335 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm

1996 LT1 Firehawk:
310 HP @ 5500 rpm / 335 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1996 LT1 Camaro Z28 SS:
305 HP @ 5200 rpm / 335 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1997 LT1 Firehawk:
310 HP @ 5500 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm
1997 LT1 Camaro SS:
310 HP @ 5500 rpm / 325 Ft.-Lbs. @ 2400 rpm

1997 LT4 Firehawk:
330 HP @ 5800 rpm / 340 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4500 rpm
1997 LT4 Camaro SS:
330 HP @ 5800 rpm / 340 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4500 rpm

1998-01 LS1 Firebird Formula/Trans Am:
305 HP @ 5200 rpm / 335 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
1998-01 LS1 Camaro Z28:
305 HP @ 5200 rpm / 335 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
1998-01 LS1 Firebird Formula/Trans Am WS-6:
320 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm

1998 LS1 Firehawk:
Not produced
1999 LS1 Firehawk:
327 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
2000 LS1 Firehawk:
330 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
1998-00 LS1 Camaro SS:
320 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
2001 LS1 Firehawk:
335 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
2001 LS1 Camaro SS:
325 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
(335 HP @ 5200 rpm / 345 Ft.-Lbs. @ 4400 rpm
w/optional exhaust

I wouldnt call those "ALL THE SAME"

especially when dealing with the early to mid 90's LT1's

I'm a big fan of the Ws6 and SS, and Formula, I used to own a formula, I would still own one, but it seems the only people who drive them now(at least where i live) have mullets and "wife beater" T-shirts

i totally agree, SOME of the LT1's are quick, they all have lots of torque, and the LS1's flat out fly.
i am trying to keep this discussion civil, and hope everyone else will do the same. there are just my opinions and experiences.
no.

All of the LT1 cars will run within a 1-2 tenths of each other if similarly optioned, ie. not a stripper Z28 six-speed against a convertible automatic SS(same track, same day). GM just takes the already underrated numbers and underates them a little less for the higher trim levels. Real life track and dyno results tell the story. The only differences are an inefficient ram air set-up that most people ditch for a CAI, and a cat-back.

Anyways, an LS1 should have no trouble whatsoever with a 350Z in any contest of straight line speed. An LT1 would be a much better race, with the 350Z probably pulling slightly harder up top, unless you run into a 6 speed car built on a wednesday.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Caswell

I feel priveleged that you quoted all of my replies
If you want to feel privledged that your quotes illustrated 3 out of the 4 typical examples of Z33'er gheyness (you didn't mention the GReddy turbo, that would've been the 4th) then go right ahead.

...but you failed to quote the one where i said, I mistyped LS1 and meant to say LT1.........
In two separate posts, one of which you made a distinction between LS1 and LT1's? I thought you were kidding about your "mistake". If you're trying to backtrack based on that I'm not buying it.

anyhoo, this post has spiraled out of control and has lost all informative value.
Thanks primarily to you and the amount of uninformed BS you spread around it. I did learn what 350Z owner group to lump you into in my mind, so at least I can say I gained that out of this thread.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:34 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by StockLT1
no.

All of the LT1 cars will run within a 1-2 tenths of each other if similarly optioned, ie. not a stripper Z28 six-speed against a convertible automatic SS(same track, same day). GM just takes the already underrated numbers and underates them a little less for the higher trim levels. Real life track and dyno results tell the story. The only differences are an inefficient ram air set-up that most people ditch for a CAI, and a cat-back.

Anyways, an LS1 should have no trouble whatsoever with a 350Z in any contest of straight line speed. An LT1 would be a much better race, with the 350Z probably pulling slightly harder up top, unless you run into a 6 speed car built on a wednesday.
Well said....my dad's 96 TA must have been built on a wednesday....from a highway roll my friends 98 A4 Formula only barely pulls the TA and he traps 106 mph at the track....i'm sure with me driving that i could hand a 350Z its *** with that 6 speed LT1......let alone my LS1 car.

This entire post is really retarded....
if you see any LS1 car in the 14s the driver should be shot.....

The 350Zs are cool little cars but know your place in the food chain....
good races for a 350Z are Mustang GT's and LT1 cars.
LS1 cars will own you hardcore style.

I don't want to come in here sounding like a Lass1 owner but this really makes me think WTF.
Here in Waco,TX we have 3 (including myself) LS1s with only a lid that have busted into the 12s.....2 A4s and my 6 speed.
Fact is its gonna take a nice shot of juice for a 350Z to match that.

A 350Z beating a LS1 is the equivalent of a LS1 beating a Z06.....its just not going to happen unless there is some kind of assclown behind the wheel.

Enjoy your cars.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:39 PM
JamRWS6

I just had to add another little bit here.....

I get a kick out of it when people say...."now the WS6/SS are another story"

LOL what are you guys smoking.

The WS6/SS are pretty much an appearance package with a little better flowing exhaust.....it all depends on how strong of a motor you got.
When you have a WS6 or SS with a strong motor they are really barn burners but i have seen a few slugs hitting mid 13s (wow thats soooo slow)

A good running formula/Z28/TA is every bit as fast as the WS6 or SS....

And once again......THESE CARS ARE UNDERRATED.....
most will put down their factory rating in RWHP.
The flywheel number is closer to 350-365 HP.......afterall its the exact same motor from the Vettes with only a deeper oil pan and different motor mounts.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Lokeey

Originally posted by JamRWS6
This entire post is really retarded....
if you see any LS1 car in the 14s the driver should be shot.....
Exactly one of my points they are out there...and we will beat them. Thats why I am sick of the BS flags and you guys stating Blah blah hp, torque, dyno, time slip #'s all day long when fact is....they are out there. (factory duds or bad driver)

I don't want to come in here sounding like a Lass1 owner but this really makes me think WTF.
Here in Waco,TX we have 3 (including myself) LS1s with only a lid that have busted into the 12s.....2 A4s and my 6 speed.
Fact is its gonna take a nice shot of juice for a 350Z to match that.
Too late ....you just stated another one of my points...just 3 of ya, what about the other 100 fbods that go to the track? Timeslips please (factory freaks or good driver)
Old 05-27-2003, 08:13 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by Lokeey
Exactly one of my points they are out there...and we will beat them. Thats why I am sick of the BS flags and you guys stating Blah blah hp, torque, dyno, time slip #'s all day long when fact is....they are out there. (factory duds or bad driver)

Too late ....you just stated another one of my points...just 3 of ya, what about the other 100 fbods that go to the track? Timeslips please (factory freaks or good driver)
Well thanks for pointing that out Einstein......its like saying the amount of 350 Zs that are in the 13s....the rest are running low to mid 14s.....with a bad driver possibly hitting a 15?
Same logic smart guy.

I was just pointing out that since no one believed that it could be done there are 3 out of 5 LS1s (in our group) in the 12s and all VERY stockish.

The difference is telling whether they are a bad driver.....you can tell if someone spins....or if they take all day to shift sherlock......thats my point and if you have a hard time understanding just ask me.....if not take your attitude elsewhere.

The 350Z is not gods gift to the motoring public and if I ever find one that has the ***** to step up and challenge in a race i can guarantee the view.....(and take a look while it is this close)

I don't come here to get into retarded arguments like this but to learn about other cars....so take your attitude elsewhere.

Last edited by JamRWS6; 05-27-2003 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:18 PM
JamRWS6

Well thanks for pointing that out Einstein......its like saying the amount of 350 Zs that are in the 13s....the rest are running low to mid 14s.....with a bad driver possibly hitting a 15?
Same logic smart guy.

I was just pointing out that since no one believed that it could be done there are 3 out of 5 LS1s in the 12s and all VERY stockish.

The difference is telling whether they are a bad driver.....you can tell if someone spins....or if they take all day to shift sherlock......thats my point and if you have a hard time understanding just ask me.....if not take your attitude elsewhere.

Your 350Z is not gods gift to the motoring public and if I ever find one that has the ***** to step up and challenge in a race i can guarantee the view.....

I don't come here to get into retarded arguments like this but to learn about other cars....so take your attitude elsewhere.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Lokeey

First of all I would not be caught dead in a Pink WS6.....what was he anticipating 2Fast and 2Furious....

:IBUsayitsa10sec.carwhichisprobablytrue:

Same logic smart guy.
I did not know we were resorting to preteen name calling As for your reply: I have already stated this, perhaps you need to re-read my previous post

What I will say is this and this was the point I was trying to make. As you may know and your fellow fbody friends will agree on this is you have factory freaks and factory duds. I am just curious as to what the NORM is on an fbody. And I am talking about more then twenty but less the 50. Because I see anywhere from 14.2 to 13.2 at the Track. Now Granted you will never see a Z that low without some FI (Naws or turbo) but the norm seems to be 14.0 ( My personal best is 13.88 @ 103) With some going as high as 14.7 and as low as 13.

I was just pointing out that since no one believed that it could be done there are 3 out of 5 LS1s in the 12s and all VERY stockish.
I dont think anyone doubted your claims that you dipped into the high 12's....but the stockish part made me laugh...LOL And again I have to point out that you are in the minority<-----and no this is not a bad word...LOL

This makes me laugh too because you just solidified my previous post that we can beat you....All it takes is one screw up. Oh and I dont have an attitude I am actually quite pleasant right now so I dont get were the attitude part is coming from. Your the one calling youself names.....does Lass1 ring a bell....I did not type it...you did. I just quoted you

Your 350Z is not gods gift to the motoring public and if I ever find one that has the ***** to step up and challenge in a race i can guarantee the view.....

Your right...my 350z came from Japan and I am not the one that started an argument.As a matter of fact I am not really arguing at all, just stating what has been said in all 50 threads that was ever brought up about a z28.My previous posts, if you decide to look them up, are all quite true about racing between both cars.

P.S.

I don't come here to get into retarded arguments like this but to learn about other cars....so take your attitude elsewhere

This makes me laugh too because you only seem to pop up when you hear the words Z28 or TA or WS6...LOL on top of that 98% of your post's have been in the racing section and about 1% in the detailing section. As I presume looking over the posts you never really ask about the Z but instead just pulling B.S. flags out and talking ls1 and lt1 engines to make sure that we learn our roll on the food chain...LOL

I like you man but E-thugging dont get you nowhere....

I know there is more I can add but I have to get back to work now....

Peace out
Old 05-27-2003, 11:05 PM
JamRWS6

Your response makes me laugh.....can you quote the same thing one more time and say somthing totally different about it.

And just because I don't post in the other forums doesn't mean i don't read them. Thanks and have a great day.

BTW: Your calling my car "pink" doesn't phase me.....it just shows how little you know....maybe you should adjust your monitor.....the color is "Bright Red"
Old 05-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Lokeey

I was wondering when you were going to come back and play

1.Yes
2.No you don't because you would realize that I am right...
3. Sorry, looks pink to me. Maybe you need to get a better camera cause my monitor is fine.

Sorry...I was just rude to you on that one..

But really are you undestanding what I am saying...(settinig ego's aside)

Everytime someone posts a kill against an fbod you guys pull up the defense shield and attack. These are allways the first things you guys ask.

1. Was it an A4
2. Are sure he was racing?
3. Could you here him downshift.
4. Was it a girl.
5. What kind of headlights did it have
6. Did it have a flat
7. Was it a v6, 3.4l, 3.8l, ls6, lt1
8. Man, some of you people are really stupid...
9. Was it a z28, SS, WS6, TA
10. What speed did you start from

And here is my favorite:

I'd just like a few more details before i raise the BS flag or tell u nice kill

Just to point out, I made the even ones to be funny..

I cant understand why you can't take a kill as a kill. Ok...maybe kill is just too harsh of a word. Maybe we should just change it to the "Slightly Wounding section " . I know we cant kill a z28, Now a civic stock.....yea we can kill them dead..LOL

We're just tired of the same thing every time.If someone posts a lame comment like " I smoked a z28 in my Z" dont worry we will take care of our own kind ( e-***** slapping if necessary). But we don't need you to referre sp? us.

We just need a little more understanding on this board and less E-Thuging from you guys.

Thank you.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:04 AM
JamRWS6

Like I've posted before....its as simple as this........
first of all when the car in question is putting down more HP to the pavement than you are at the flywheel there is going to be some doubt.

Second like i've said before....a 350Z beating a LS1 is like a LS1 taking a Z06....i guess it could happen but not even close if the person has half a clue what they're doing.

Maybe we should gander over to a Grand Prix GTP forum and start posting kills on 350Zs....afterall it should be a good half second or more slower....but hey anything is possible right?

I've raced enough on the street to know that things happen.....but also I've seen what some people call "racing"....
kind of like the M3 that 'tried' a flyby on me....

Its easy to tell if someone was spinning, shifting slow, etc. .... but to say you beat a car (actually pulled away from it) when there is no way in hell you did then of course people are going to raise the BS flag.

Just like the person who posted the Z06 kill in here..i got a good laugh out of that one.

Also not to demean the car but the 350Z is NOT that fast....its pretty quick but geez you guys make up some good stories.

Arguing over the internet is stupid......therefore I am done here.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:10 AM
JamRWS6

Well after thinking a bit.......

I doubt most ls1 owners realize that the Z is a decently quick car.....my theory is that they think they can mess with a Z (ie not flooring it or not downshifting to the correct gear) and then when the Z jumps out ahead it is too late to play catchup. If they are doing that then heck they deserve to lose. But the plain fact is a LS1 driven right will eat a 350Z for lunch from any speed.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Lokeey

Hahaha...come on high 13.xx is not decently quick.The Z's are quick period. Sure their is faster and I bow down to them.

BUT

first of all when the car in question is putting down more HP to the pavement than you are at the flywheel there is going to be some doubt........

We could say the same thing about the NSX or the EVOIII. The numbers dont add up but they could walk away from us both....z28 included?

Shakes hands .... your last two post have been the best of the night (aside from the "350z is not that fast" QUIP ).....enlightenment....probably not. I just hope that you or your friends try to stray from being a pack of Hiena's. I dont really see why this has to happen everytime...