Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

whats is faster Dodge Srt or 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 01:27 PM
zerobanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow....

Originally posted by quallabone
Is that an *** dyno? What mods do you have?
LOL, My previous set up I dynoed at 315.8 @ 12 psi (dynoed). This set up is identical except I have a new engine with a street port, new turbos (Previous had 160K miles) and 3mm seals. 360 @ 12 psi is a good estimate. Some have dynoed at 340, some at 380. 360 on the stock twins is fairly common. when I want 430 + to the wheels, hello GT35/40 single turbo!!!.

Mods are Midpipe, catback, downpipe, ECU and programmable commander/Boost controller, ACT Street strip clutch, KOYO racing radiator, 1200 CC secondary injectors, High flow fuel pump. Blitz Stock mount intercooler, RX7fasion cold air box with custom ram air intakes, mazda speed c/f shiftknob, strut tower brace, JVC MP3 player, Bembo slotted/drilled Rotors, rx7.com performance brake padsIm sure im missing a few mods I can think of now. BTW...my MP3 player OWNZZZ you.

Last edited by zerobanger; 06-22-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:31 PM
quallabone_

Is this on a 350? Ghetto turbo or some premade crap?
Old 06-22-2003, 01:33 PM
quallabone_

Nevermind. I don't think a 350 would be on its second engine.. Is this on a seven?
Old 06-22-2003, 01:34 PM
zerobanger

Nevermind. I don't think a 350 would be on its second engine.. Is this on a seven?

3rd engine .

Yes
Old 06-22-2003, 01:35 PM
zerobanger

BTW..I love the Z. I just dont like the idea of some kid in a fast econobox talking down to a Z.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:36 PM
quallabone_

How about the twin 20G's going in the vette this winter. Here's one with a T-25mall for comparisson
Old 06-22-2003, 01:39 PM
zerobanger

How about the twin 20G's going in the vette this winter. Here's one with a T-25mall for comparisson
what year vette? IF its a C5 you hardly need tubos, lol. Small twins are pretty nice. with my ported engine and open exhaust/intake my first turbo has full boost around 2500 RPM, pretty nice. 2nd turbo is spooled by 4500 and they hold to the redline.

The feeling of the turbos spooling and the torque is pretty awesome, its just wears the engine down more rapid, specially on small displacement engines. n/a rx7s run for 200K +.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:39 PM
quallabone_

2003 Z06
Old 06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
zerobanger

2003 Z06

and you think you need turbos? LOL.

Z06's are a mean car, lol.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:41 PM
quallabone_

I'm kind of a turboholic. Everything I own is turbo'd. I'm actually considering turboing my ride on mower
Old 06-22-2003, 02:21 PM
dlt1cy

Default My .02

Ok,

Maybe its that everyone loves to argue, but some things dont make sense to me. I am not attacking anyone, but here are some observations.

*Anyone actually on a 'car board' has a love of cars and will generally think their car is best.

*People buy/want what appeals to them. Looks, speed, refinement, reliability, etc.

Looks: Do I even need to answer this? Eye of the beholder is BS. Z all the way. But I will say that there are plenty of other cars that are pleasing to the eye as well.

Speed: I would give this to the srt. Given the price tag and tunablity, it is unbeatable for a new warranteed car.

Refinement: Again, do I need to answer? The Z is no BMW, but compared to the srt, it is.

Reliability: No opinions at this time, the Z is new and has its share of issues, but noens are not know for their reliability.

Now the real question... what appeals to you? You want speed at a great price? Go srt. You want an overall compromise? Go Z. Cant have it all without big $. Actually, I would have taken an F-body if their refinement and/or reliability was alittle better... looks and speed are unquestionable.

And to whoever said the srt is not a neon... get real. I guess the EVO8 is not a Lancer either, or de-badged STi is only an RS.

Peace out
Old 06-22-2003, 05:06 PM
JamRWS6

Default Re: My .02

Originally posted by dlt1cy
Ok,

Maybe its that everyone loves to argue, but some things dont make sense to me. I am not attacking anyone, but here are some observations.

*Anyone actually on a 'car board' has a love of cars and will generally think their car is best.

*People buy/want what appeals to them. Looks, speed, refinement, reliability, etc.

Looks: Do I even need to answer this? Eye of the beholder is BS. Z all the way. But I will say that there are plenty of other cars that are pleasing to the eye as well.

Speed: I would give this to the srt. Given the price tag and tunablity, it is unbeatable for a new warranteed car.

Refinement: Again, do I need to answer? The Z is no BMW, but compared to the srt, it is.

Reliability: No opinions at this time, the Z is new and has its share of issues, but noens are not know for their reliability.

Now the real question... what appeals to you? You want speed at a great price? Go srt. You want an overall compromise? Go Z. Cant have it all without big $. Actually, I would have taken an F-body if their refinement and/or reliability was alittle better... looks and speed are unquestionable.

And to whoever said the srt is not a neon... get real. I guess the EVO8 is not a Lancer either, or de-badged STi is only an RS.

Peace out
Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.....
the OPINION that your Z looks better is.........YOUR OPINION...nothing more.

Open your eyes for gods sake.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:07 PM
zerobanger

Default Re: Re: My .02

Originally posted by JamRWS6
Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.....
the OPINION that your Z looks better is.........YOUR OPINION...nothing more.

Open your eyes for gods sake.

You think your F body looks better than an Rx7, so it doesn't suprise me you think the Neon looks better than the Z.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:14 PM
JamRWS6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: wow....

Originally posted by zerobanger
LOL, I have around 360 to the wheels and weigh 2712, I think he will need to be more than "lightly modified".

oh yea and you better be better than 12.99 @ 110.1 mph, I did 13.00 with just 266 rwhp a year ago.

What a joke.
"better be better"
Wow, where did you go to school?

Yea my 3600+ lb car with a mod that cost me 85 bucks ( airlid) and everything else BONE STOCK went 12.99 @ 110. Why don't you go ahead and use one of those MPH & 1/4 mile HP calculators to figure out that is about 330 RWHP and 370+ at the crank.

Does it not cross your mind that your black jellybean weighs alot less and doesn't need as much power...same philosophy as a crotch rocket. 13.00 with a 2700 lb car is not that impressive.

Not only that you are on your 3rd motor now!!!!!!!! Talk about a POS breaking.

I'm on my only motor and I still have WARRANTY...so thanks and have a great day.

BTW there is a little 2001 Z28 with only a Cam here locally if you think you are hot ****....it only runs 11.1 @ 124mph
Or do you just want to step up and run a little ole fox body Vert....yea poor guy is still in the 9s

NO ONE cares about your black jelly bean....we come here to talk about the Nissan 350Z hence www.my350Z.com .
Old 06-22-2003, 05:15 PM
JamRWS6

Default Re: Re: Re: My .02

You think your F body looks better than an Rx7, so it doesn't suprise me you think the Neon looks better than the Z.
Yes my car looks A LOT better than your black jellybean.

So cool guy post up some nice high resolution pictures of your beautiful black jellybean Sorry.....i prefer red....doesn't taste so much like liquorice.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:20 PM
zerobanger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow....

"better be better"
Wow, where did you go to school?

Indiana, but I dropped out to become a senior software engineer.

Yea my 3600+ lb car with a mod that cost me 85 bucks ( airlid) and everything else BONE STOCK went 12.99 @ 110. Why don't you go ahead and use one of those MPH & 1/4 mile HP calculators to figure out that is about 330 RWHP and 370+ at the crank.

congrats!!! Im still faster.

Does it not cross your mind that your black jellybean weighs alot less and doesn't need as much power...same philosophy as a crotch rocket. 13.00 with a 2700 lb car is not that impressive.

Im not claiming to be the greatest driver in the world. But thats my point, it weighs alot less. 13.0 may not be impressive in a 2700 lbs car but again I had only 266 hp to the wheels then and still maintained my stock cat.

Not only that you are on your 3rd motor now!!!!!!!! Talk about a POS breaking.

Its the first motor I put in my car and I have the money to fix it every 80K to 100K. No worries here.

I'm on my only motor and I still have WARRANTY...so thanks and have a great day.

BTW there is a little 2001 Z28 with only a Cam here locally if you think you are hot ****....it only runs 11.1 @ 124mph
Or do you just want to step up and run a little ole fox body Vert....yea poor guy is still in the 9s

NO ONE cares about your black jelly bean....we come here to talk about the Nissan 350Z hence www.my350Z.com .
I can care less about your motor. Incase you didn't notice I was posting about the neon VS 350Z, its not my fault your a moron.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:21 PM
zerobanger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: My .02

Yes my car looks A LOT better than your black jellybean.

So cool guy post up some nice high resolution pictures of your beautiful black jellybean Sorry.....i prefer red....doesn't taste so much like liquorice.
LOL you are joking right? Good one!!
Old 06-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Redline6thgear

Originally posted by phishie
saying "its still a neon" cannot be compared to "its just a nissan" Practically every car company puts out a top of the line car, and a bottom of the line car. The neon is the pos bottom of the line shitbox from dodge. Nissan makes the Sentra. I don't care if the Sentra ran 10s from the showroom floor. Its still a sentra, and the neon is still a neon.
Its funny how the "pos bottom of the line shitbox from dodge" runs with Nissans Flagship Sportscar... Just some food for thought.

Old 06-22-2003, 05:28 PM
JamRWS6

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My .02

LOL you are joking right? Good one!!
Yeah good one....
Your car looks like ***....and that is MY opinion.

I can care less about your motor.
And I could care less about you.

I'm done arguing with you...back to the topic.

Last edited by JamRWS6; 06-22-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:33 PM
dlt1cy

I agree that beauty is an opinion. BUT, what do you think the results of a random poll (any country) would show? 50/50 or 80/20? Would you agree if 80% of the population chose the Z, that it was generally accepted as being a better looking car?

Quick Reply: whats is faster Dodge Srt or 350z