Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Does bodywork effect what class you can autocross/track in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 04:01 PM
Xeinth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does bodywork effect what class you can autocross/track in?

I was curious if a Nismo spoiler on a Enth. model would affect its classification. What about the standard spoiler?

Thanks,
X
Old 08-27-2003, 04:52 PM
negcamber

Unfortunately, it does put you out of stock class.

However, if you are new to the sport and really don't have any other mods and stick to only running local events...then you can probably get away with running in stock for a time. It depends on how picky the local B-stockers are...you would be fine in my region...Dallas may be different.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Xeinth

That really sucks. Im not really a fan of the bodywork crap generally, but I really think a spoiler completes the car.

If I pick up an enthusiest, it sounds like I would be stuck without any spoiler.

X
Old 08-27-2003, 07:19 PM
DmitryZ

I think the stock spoiler is fine since it is a factory available option but the nismo would put you out of stock class. Can anyone verify this?

Dmitry
Old 08-28-2003, 11:28 AM
negcamber

Originally posted by DmitryZ
I think the stock spoiler is fine since it is a factory available option but the nismo would put you out of stock class. Can anyone verify this?
The factory spoiler is only legal if it is normally installed at the factory and is not a dealer option. If the factory regularly does install the spoiler then the dealer can add them, but if the spoiler is not normally installed by the factory then a dealer installed one is illegal.

Now, the reality is that it is considered a weenie protest for protesting a dealer installed option that has no effect on performance at all. But...it is still the rules and there are weenies out there. Normally you don't run into the weenies at local events though.

A Nismo spoiler is definitely not legal in stock...but again local drivers may let you slide.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:12 PM
MarkoBarko

Originally posted by negcamber
Now, the reality is that it is considered a weenie protest for protesting a dealer installed option that has no effect on performance at all.
I thought huge spoilers give you a 15-20hp boost. Especially if you have some "Type R" stickers on it...

Sorry, I couldn't resist...lol
Old 09-02-2003, 08:03 AM
CarFanatic

in our region no one would care about your spoiler. Most guys know that a spoiler isn't going to help you get faster times. Hell some guys in our region run intakes in stock class, no one cares. I curently race in b stock but next year I will be in BSP. I will get **** stomped in it, but I dont care. I like to modify my car and the mods I will have done will put me in bsp. autox is fun, doenst matter what class your in. And driving against better drivers will only help you drive better.
my 2 cents