Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

NA Build Inside....Soup to Nuts :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice video, nice car, nice everything lol... loving the 8000K pull. Definitely looking foward to some more vids. great job!
Old 01-01-2008, 04:02 PM
ke0ki2k

i cant get over how BEAUTIFUL the power/torque curves are....youd never drop under 290 rwhp shifting....my god....and the torque curve is so flat....i might ditch **** for that dyno chart when i get lonely...

...no seriously.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 PM
hunter6

Having done all the work to get where you are...can you estimate cost for engine wrok/mods alone? Also...I know you don't drag but might we see 1/4 mile times when the weather improves to measure improvement in performance?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly I lost track of the costs involved a while ago - to get a basic idea, you could take the parts list on page 1 and just look over our website for the parts as most are listed there (except the clutch which is about $1100 and the headers which run about $1000 from Crawford)

1/4 times - maybe at some point, but its not a priority for me at all, as there are no tracks even remotely near us, and I'm just not into dragging at all

more updates to follow soon guys I promise! I'm looking to improve power even further, and have a few things to try out soon
Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
warmmilk

^ i'd be interested in trap speed at the track to compare it to what others have accomplished with bolt-ons and what jeremy did with his 15:1 comp motor.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

like I said, no tracks even close to where I live (well over 2 hours away) and its just not on my priority list to do at this time
Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
like I said, no tracks even close to where I live (well over 2 hours away) and its just not on my priority list to do at this time
WHAT? go to englishtown... i go to E town all the time and i live in CT. #&$$%^ please
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is always using a dyno that can simulate drag racing... Not ideal, but I wouldn't drive 2hrs for a drag race track either. However, I'll drive 5hrs for a road race track!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
WHAT? go to englishtown... i go to E town all the time and i live in CT. #&$$%^ please
well, maybe because you like drag racing? I've driven all over the east coast to attend road racing events, even when I'm not even getting seat time - because I love road racing. However, I don't like drag racing, it's just not my thing. Not only that but a 2.5 hour + drive each way there, and god knows how long to get home (I've spent up to 5 hours getting home from events at E Town in the past) to get in one or 2 or 3 runs is not my idea of a good time sorry Like I said, it's just not that important to me, I'd rather spend that time enjoying the car.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
sqashybus

Hey z1 any idea on the total cost of this NA build? >3k? >5k?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:16 AM
myG35zx

Originally Posted by sqashybus
Hey z1 any idea on the total cost of this NA build? >3k? >5k?

Honestly I lost track of the costs involved a while ago - to get a basic idea, you could take the parts list on page 1 and just look over our website for the parts as most are listed there (except the clutch which is about $1100 and the headers which run about $1000 from Crawford)

1/4 times - maybe at some point, but its not a priority for me at all, as there are no tracks even remotely near us, and I'm just not into dragging at all

more updates to follow soon guys I promise! I'm looking to improve power even further, and have a few things to try out soon

He posted this earlier today.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for updates on a SICk build...
Adam,
Did you get your hands on a Cosworth manifold?..
Also, did you ever JetHott Coat your headers or use any sort of wrap?

Sick build man.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Reality350
Bump for updates on a SICk build...
Adam,
Did you get your hands on a Cosworth manifold?..
Also, did you ever JetHott Coat your headers or use any sort of wrap?

Sick build man.
thanks!

manifolds coming in so far are spoken for by customers...gotta fill orders before I can play with one. Plus, its cold here anyway, so car has been sleeping inside where it's warm...and we're working on some other stuff anyway

Headers are coated yes
Old 01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
RBlover69

well, maybe because you like drag racing? I've driven all over the east coast to attend road racing events, even when I'm not even getting seat time - because I love road racing. However, I don't like drag racing, it's just not my thing. Not only that but a 2.5 hour + drive each way there, and god knows how long to get home (I've spent up to 5 hours getting home from events at E Town in the past) to get in one or 2 or 3 runs is not my idea of a good time sorry Like I said, it's just not that important to me, I'd rather spend that time enjoying the car.
hit up E-town or atco those where my usuals for 1/4 . Im really not into that aswell.I would love to see what your car would on at pocono with some other NA Zs ala time attack. Bad azz man.

Last edited by RBlover69; 01-11-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

got some new stuff in the works guys...stay tuned for details

hoping to make some more power and an even broader curve !

Also have some custom dress up stuff in the works too for the engine bay - more info to follow
Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 AM
weaselfury

okay i went backwards through this whole thread hoping to find pictures of this beautiful piece of art inside the car...

sadly i hit page three by the time i gave up and realized that absolutely no engine bay pictures have been taken to show this thing where it rightfully should be... IN THE CAR!!!

dont get me wrong, its purty on a stand, but i wanta see those covers inside to see how scrumptious they look!

Please post pics of this:

in this:

thanks!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

the covers are not visible with the stock intake manifold installed - I was hoping they would be more visible with the Cosworth manifold but based on what I've seen out of the box I don't think it's going to show off anymore of the covers either...oh well, at least I know they are thee

some better pics of the car can be seen here (albeit with the OEM hood back on temporarily):

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....z1+performance

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
weaselfury

well thats a big load of poo! one question... have you thought of microniting your drivetrain? like the transmission gears, LSD, cams, valves, springs... i heard a small clip on youtube or street fire from a representative of the sompany, but i havent really read up on it...

do you think it would be beneficial?

i believe its www.mikronite.com
Old 01-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I know I spent so long doing the covers I was hoping they would show more, but so far, no luck. Perhaps when I finally fit my own cosworth manifold I'll spend some extra time and try to hide more of the OEM wires, hoses, etc to expose them a bit more...they really do look awesome in person! You would never know they were plastic

As far as the treatment, we have offered a similar type of setup for some more motorsport oriented products we sell through Rosler, called the ISF Process.

I suppose every little bit helps, but I've never once tried it on any components for the Z. I'm one of those who have been very fortunate with my car - since buying it new in fall of 2003, I have never had a single problem with it. No transmission issues, no strange noises, etc. So it would be really time consuming to tear everything down for some microfinishing process
Old 01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
weaselfury

thats what ive been thinking since i posted... it would be a pain building the whole motor and tranny again just for the last extra squeeze...

i only remember that video because it made me wonder how it would benefit a forced induction application... but i thought it might bring the full potential out of everything in the end...

a wire tuck would be very nice on the engine bay, your right... the bay of the Z/G is so messy and disgusting, it makes me sad to open my hood sometimes... it just looks so, disorganized...

Quick Reply: NA Build Inside....Soup to Nuts :)