Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

Extrudabody ITBs with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:00 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

fawking hell...Yet another reason to keep my DE Z and keep dumping coin into it.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad I waited to do the motor last NA builds FTMFW!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous!

Give it heck, Adam!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:42 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I never thought an Na application could require so much fuel to need 2 injectors like that. ( Per cylinder ) Any thought on that Adam?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The shower setup was done for Bosch for a demo car of theirs that was shown at SEMA. The picture just was used as evidence that we can still use a bone stock fuel rail and injectors though
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
warmmilk

other than looking cool, is there any advantage to having a "shower" injector setup? i was under the impression that the closer the injecter is to the combustion chamber the better
Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

http://books.google.com/books?id=wC2...esult#PPA44,M1
Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Smackin

id love something like that on my HR, great job
Old 02-18-2009, 04:25 AM
oOoMinion

It would look SOOOOO sexy in my Z. If the complete kit is less than 4k, I'll definitely go NA. I can wait a couple months.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 AM
josesantigo57

Hell, yes! Thank you! Please make sure all of us receive a notice when it hits the market!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
JuJube

Very Nice Piece.

Would love to have more info when it comes available.

Keep up the great work Z1.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:00 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

adam you truely are the n/a guru
Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 PM
norapat01

DE Z rules!!!

OMG i want this kit so bad!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
scmtkings4

good thing you guys are in Long island

can maybe pick this up from you guys when its done
Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 AM
zxman69

Hey Adam, I didn't know that you where working with Extrudabody on these. Did you guys finally get them to work? The guy that first bought these still hasn't got his car up and running, so I was just wondering if you had done any testing with them yet? When Mack first tried this design 5 years ago it was decided that they where not efficient and did not make enough power. Some of the problems that arose where the oil filler cap , injector location, airbox design, but as you know we are still working on that as well, linkage,dipstick location, and it lost power after 6200 rpm. Since it didn't make power after that, and most of the built vq's are pulling beyond 8000 rpm the design was scraped. The plus's where good power and torque in the low end due to the runner lenght, they looked good,no hood restictions. The price would have been good as well,around $2500.00

Last edited by zxman69; 02-19-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zxman69
Hey Adam, did you guys finally get these to work? The guy that first bought these still hasn't got his car up and running, so I was just wondering if you had done any testing with them yet? When Mack first tried this design 5 years ago it was decided that they where not efficient and did not make much power. Other problems that arose where the oil filler cap , injector location, airbox design, but as you know we are still working on that as well, linkage,dipstick, and it lost power after 6200 rpm. Since it didn't make power after that, and most of the built vq's are pulling beyond 8000 rpm the design was scraped.The plus's where good power and torque in the low end due to the runner lenght, they looked good,no hood restictions. The price would have been good as well,around $2500.00
Neil - with all due respect, do you really think this is an appropriate post and did you even read what has been posted in the first place? Surely someone who has been around as long as you should have way better ettiquete.

Runner length can be altered to whatever I want - so can inlet diameter. The oil cap has been worked through, the linkage is not an issue at all, neither is the dipstick. There is no injector issue because I'm using a stock rail and stock injector location. There is no airbox design as of yet because we haven't done one, nor am I am doing one in the near future. Properly designing an airbox takes time and significant money, and I'm just not at that point yet. My first priority is perfecting it to the point where I am happy with it on my car. Having something to sell is secondary. You've known me for how many years? Do I half *** anything I do to any of my cars? I will not sell something I would not use myself - period.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM
zxman69

Adam I was not trying to offend you, just asking you a simple Question if you had gotten this design to work properly above 6200 rpm,due to the fuel distribution problems you will encounter. As far as I have heard there have been 3 sets of these bodies sent out, to the guy with the VQ powered 240sx that was in Bosch's SEMA booth this year( that would be the set shown in the 1st post) i assume a set to you and for the 3rd set I haven't seen them show up on any forums yet, so I don't know, I could be wrong maybe only 2 set so far? The 240 is not running due to the car not having a stand alone management, something I should have said in my 1st post. I was just trying to point out the pros and cons of this design and see if you had worked through any of these problems before dumping alot of $$$$ only to find that you are not happy with the results. I know that you do not half *** anything on your cars. I am like everyone else here and am in awe of what you have done for the n/a guys with your VQ build and your 280zx is awsome, just trying to point out some of the potential headaches you are or may have already encountered,and to try and save you a **** load of $$$$.

Last edited by zxman69; 02-19-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zxman69
Adam I was not trying to offend you, just asking you a simple Question if you had gotten this design to work properly above 6200 rpm,due to the fuel distribution problems you will encounter. As far as I have heard there have been 3 sets of these bodies sent out, to the guy with the VQ powered 240sx that was in Bosch's SEMA booth this year( that would be the set shown in the 1st post) i assume a set to you and for the 3rd set I haven't seen them show up on any forums yet, so I don't know, I could be wrong maybe only 2 set so far? The 240 is not running due to the car not having a stand alone management, something I should have said in my 1st post. I was just trying to point out the pros and cons of this design and see if you had worked through any of these problems before dumping alot of $$$$ only to find that you are not happy with the results. I know that you do not half *** anything on your cars. I am like everyone else here and am in awe of what you have done for the n/a guys with your VQ build and your 280zx is awsome, just trying to point out some of the potential headaches you are or may have already encountered,and to try and save you a **** load of $$$$.
Neil - do yourself a favor and keep whatever your opinions are to yourself please. I didn't ask for them. You're not well enough in the know to have a solid basis for the opinion in the first place. I am not doing this for the NA guys on here - I am doing it for me. The same reason I've done anything else to my car from day 1. I don't mod my car to be at the top of some sort of E-Totem pole. It's a passionate hobby for me. I have done everything on my car because it was what I wanted to do. If in doing so, we end up with something we can sell, and/or knowledge we can share, then that's a cool byproduct. But it was not my motivation for going down this road. My motivation was a purely selfish one. I wanted it, I prefer to zig vs zag, so I decided to make it happen.

I'm not new to modding cars - I've been doing it for a long, long time. Certainly long enough to know that parts at this level are not as simple as installing a set of wheels or air freshners, etc. I know the amount of time, dedication, and resources (of all types) that it takes to make something like this happen. I have nothing but time to make it work how I want to. I have the assistance of people here and elsewhere, who are smarter than I am, to make it work properly. I'm simply the catalyst. Like anything else I've ever done to this, or any other car I've done in the last 17 years, none of it happens overnight, none of it costs what you originally think it will cost, and none of it goes 100% flawlessly. If anyone thinks it does, then they are playing in the wrong arena.

Your supposition that someone, somewhere ran into a fuel problem or a power problem using this setup on VQ35 is inaccurate to the best of my knowledge. If it happened on another model car, at some point in time somwhere on earth, then so be it. It's neither my concern, nor what my attention is focused upon. Whatever issues present themselves, we'll deal with. That's what modding is about.

I will reiterate again, just so it's clear. I did not do this with the intention of creating something that would be sold, nor did I do it to somehow compete with anyone else who has such a product for a Z/G. The market for such a product is tiny. I don't care what others have. I did this because I decided a year ago that I wanted it for my car. If the net result is something that can be sold, then I'm certainly all for that, but we're not at that point. That is why you didn't see me create the thread in the first place.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-19-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:26 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damnit i want an fi plenum based off this
Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM
SweetDreamZ

sheesh...Z1 seems a bit touchy here. Nobody ask any questions...they are read as attacks i guess...

Quick Reply: Extrudabody ITBs with pictures