Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

Extrudabody ITBs with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
sheesh...Z1 seems a bit touchy here. Nobody ask any questions...they are read as attacks i guess...
I'm not touchy at all - but suppositions by people who offer what they perceive to be a competing product, are not at all necessary. There is no product right now. There is nothing to sell, there is nothing to ask about, because as of right now it doesn't exist in that form.

When and if we get to the point where there is something to sell, we will formerly post any and all details about the product in the appropriate sections, and then answer any questions any prospective buyers might have about it. That is why I didn't do what so many others do and post about a possible new product. Right now there is no product. If the work I do turns itself into a product, then that's cool.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-19-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
sheesh...Z1 seems a bit touchy here. Nobody ask any questions...they are read as attacks i guess...
I read it as that at first. But when you look at it at Adam's point of view. hes basically saying "I helped developed a product for me thru the help of very experienced people and we spent the passed year doing this and are in the final stages." Then you have someone else chime in on how it probly wont sell, its not going to be worth it, your wasting your time, you wont make money off it, etc. Maybe they didn't put as much dedication to get it right as much as the Z1 crew did, who knows. It obviously isn't Adam's intention but if it does end up being worth it, many NA guys will benefit from it.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

precisely

that's it for me on here. When I have details to share, I will
Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
I read it as that at first. But when you look at it at Adam's point of view. hes basically saying "I helped developed a product for me thru the help of very experienced people and we spent the passed year doing this and are in the final stages." Then you have someone else chime in on how it probly wont sell, its not going to be worth it, your wasting your time, you wont make money off it, etc. Maybe they didn't put as much dedication to get it right as much as the Z1 crew did, who knows. It obviously isn't Adam's intention but if it does end up being worth it, many NA guys will benefit from it.
Agreed...I just get sick of all the uber-touchy people on here. seriously, that looked like a question to me. Z1 came back w/ a d!ck response and the dude was still kind enough to not blow up and instead, put another simple and reasonable response up.

if you feel someone is misrepresenting the project..just simply state what you've found and what your goals moving forward are. is it really that big of a deal?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Perhaps you don't know the background

Neil works for a shop in Florida. That shop sells Jenvey through one of Neil's friends. Neils' friend is a dealer for Jenvey, who sells an ITB kit for the Z.

So, this is not a case of a your avg. joe asking a question...it's someone who sells an ITB kit for the car, that now sees a new one possibly on the horizon, trying to stir up the pot with "I heards, and whatabouts". It's inappropriate IMHO.

Life is too short for to me to go tit for tat in stuff like this. If it works, and I'm happy with it, I'll offer it as a product for sale. If not, then I'll work on it till I'm happy, or I'll have the worlds most expensive paperweight. I'm fine either way - it's the chance I took when I ponied up for the project last year. Again, I didn't do this to compete with anyone, I did it because I wanted it for my car and wasn't satisfied with the options that were on the table at this time last year. So, I spoke at length with people I know, was recommended to Extrudabody, and after some time back and forth discussing things, I embarked on the project.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^Agreed......well said.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
SweetDreamZ

You are correct, I did not realize that portion of it. to me, it just looked like another user asking a seemingly innocent question. If it truly was meant to undermine your thread, then I apologize and retract my statement...

In either case...good luck on your quest...ITBs are awesome. And you really really should make sure that us FI guys can use them IF they ever become an item you sell
Old 02-19-2009, 01:08 PM
zxman69

Adam,I consider you a friend. That's is why I asked you about this kit. I had already asked the guy with the 240sx about these and he couldn't tell me how they worked as he hasn't finished his car. I just wanted to know if you guys had worked out the inherrent problems this design has. With this design the fuel gets lifted away from valve where it should be. The fuel then runs around the walls of the intake because of the air speed. The air is having to change direction twice which is not what you want in any application,and last but not least,this design losses power after 6200 rpm. Mack speaks to the guy at extrudabody all the time and he should already know about these problems. It is your $$$ and I thought I would see if you had already realised the problems with this design before spending alot of it. And no it is not " I heard' and "whata bouts" but I know from talking to someone that builds and design these for a living. You of all people should know to do your homework before spending your money.I hope that these ITB's do what you want but...I don't think they will.
If you want to know all about this design call Mack and he can tell you how much time and $$$$ he wasted on it. 954-578-0465. All i wanted to know was how well these performed.

Last edited by zxman69; 02-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

^^^ Adam has asked you nicely to discontinue this discussion.

You aren't fooling anyone.

If you really have concerns for Adam, send him a PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

very nice, keep us updated of the progress!!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

do me a favor, don't send me a pm

And fwiw Neil, did any of the stock, or 400, 500, 600, 700, 800 whp Z's out there running around have these "fuel reversion" issues? I am not using anything other than a stock rail, in the stock location and a stock injector (or stock replacement). Nothing is changing about where the fuel ends up from how a stock Z is.

As far as "air direction" - again, you're completely misinformed. Take a look at how many times air changes direction in a stock plenum. We're freeing up airflow, not reinventing the wheel

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-19-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:09 PM
djSLiM

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
As far as "air direction" - again, you're completely misinformed. Take a look at how many times air changes direction in a stock plenum. We're freeing up airflow, not reinventing the wheel
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Buttbump

They call us slow in Alabama, and I hate to point out the obvious, but it Seems to me that the Stock Air path is the same as what is shown in the first few pictures? Oh wait............ the stock outside runners have to turn right and left, then down and into the cylinders! Hmmmmm?

Also increasing the ID of the runners as what it looks like to me is done would slow the air speed not increase it?

As usual my slow typing is already been address by Adam.

Buttbump

Last edited by Buttbump; 02-20-2009 at 06:03 AM. Reason: too damn slow at typing
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

sweet
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
OCG35
Banned

One thing is for certain – the drama in sophisticated threads (like this one) regarding intriguing products is a helluva lot more interesting than the bs in most of the other threads. Who would of known you could learn so much in a thread that has such underlying (and in some cases in your face) issues.

This one is a keeper!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:52 PM
KA24DE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adam still came off as very rude.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
NiZMo1o1

Originally Posted by KA24DE
Adam still came off as very rude.
yeah so I did a little research with my Z32 buddys and this is the same Adam that was banned from twinturbo.net

I wonder why....
Old 02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
yeah so I did a little research with my Z32 buddys and this is the same Adam that was banned from twinturbo.net

I wonder why....
your research sucks

I've never been a member on twinturbo.net, because I've never had a Z32, nor have I ever been banned from any forum that I've ever participated on.

Rude or not, I could not care less, I stand by my posts here and my feelings about the inappropriate nature of Neil's comments. If someone disagrees then so be it, no big deal

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-23-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh boy here come the fanbois...
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
NiZMo1o1

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
Oh boy here come the fanbois...
do you also fetch his papers and lick his ***** ?

Quick Reply: Extrudabody ITBs with pictures