Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

Extrudabody ITBs with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:55 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
I understand your point, and obviously that's why I took the high road instead of responding to that comment directed by me. However, VO is good peoples (yes I know that's not correct English), he's just doing his job. Someone, reported the post and he is doing his due diligence as a moderator to show that he is acknowledging whoever it was that report the post. No harm no foul, now back to the kit.

Funny that there has been an installed pic on the net for a few weeks now and no one in this thread has posted it up...

Here you go Kwame
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks hot! don't forget that last filter tho
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
looks hot! don't forget that last filter tho
hehe - it wouldn't originally go on due to some things being in the way, but that's taken care of now

The filters come in a bunch of different lengths too...those just happened to be what I was working with at the time
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good, how effective are what look to be foam filters? (Filtration)
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

you're guess is as good as mine

there are lots out there that will work, from cotton to foam, to none - so it's all user preference
Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 AM
mack z

I do not post alot on this but i will now.I did do a kit like some back and spent lot time and cash doing this .For NA this setup is beter than OEM upper intake untill you 6150 RPM it fall off fast but FI it works well at 10lb boost plus.Before you jump all over on i an giving info on what we found with this set up i am not here to bash any on this site on what they spend there cash on BUT CHECK THE RAMP ON THIS SET BEFORE GET TO DEEP INTO IT.We move the ramp on this and and the power came back up .Me and the guy from Extrudaboby had a long about this set up a long time ago and i told him of my problems with it and we spoke again at the PRI show as well Adam if you need ifo on this i will give you all have to make it right for you
So before guys jump on me for this THINK FIRST i am here to help not hinder you project.
The filters on this set up mess with your air flow on you air horns an it wil rob you power sped the time and do a air box not trumpet socks.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM
SGSash
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mack z
I do not post alot on this but i will now.I did do a kit like some back and spent lot time and cash doing this .For NA this setup is beter than OEM upper intake untill you 6150 RPM it fall off fast but FI it works well at 10lb boost plus.Before you jump all over on i an giving info on what we found with this set up i am not here to bash any on this site on what they spend there cash on BUT CHECK THE RAMP ON THIS SET BEFORE GET TO DEEP INTO IT.We move the ramp on this and and the power came back up .Me and the guy from Extrudaboby had a long about this set up a long time ago and i told him of my problems with it and we spoke again at the PRI show as well Adam if you need ifo on this i will give you all have to make it right for you
So before guys jump on me for this THINK FIRST i am here to help not hinder you project.
The filters on this set up mess with your air flow on you air horns an it wil rob you power sped the time and do a air box not trumpet socks.
I can't understand what you're saying at all. I got a headache from reading that actually.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
INTIMAZY

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oooohhh man.....

That's deep
Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ lol ^^
Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 AM
martinopy

Any more updates on how this is progressing?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:42 PM
JK_HRZ

Adam if you ever get bored, design one for an HR? <3
Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

<----also in for updates.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
copec

Up-didilly date?

From what I have read you want clearance all around the intake horns to be most effective, so I would probably do one of those filters for itbs that cover each entire side at a time and make sure there is clearance (if thats possible).

I would love to see results from E85 and shower injectors.

Heres a good article on bell mouth design, although it doesn't mention the clearance stuff in it, I'm trying to find where I read that.

http://www.profblairandassociates.co.../Bellmouth.zip

http://www.profblairandassociates.com/RET_Articles.html
Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
copec

Due to the nature of these ITBs maintaining the lowest part of the intake manifold tract it could very well be the case that it would still follow the stock powerband, because the stock I.M. is too narrow--especially around the bends for high rpm power. However, Adams has had an experienced machinist work over the stock I.M. and heads so I can only see these ITB's adding power to the powerband he has already published.

Think of being able to dyno your car by taking the upper half of the intake plenum off and freely exposing the ports. If this were made possible I think you would stand to only gain power, although only increasing the stock curve

The Cosworth I.M. follows along the same problem. On the top shop engine challenge I noticed that one of the modifications was porting the lowest part of the I.M.

With these ITBs and the work already done on Adam's engine I think it stands that they will only gain power over the powerband of the dyno he has already published--and my guess it will be significant power.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:07 PM
meshiacah

Is there any news on this ITB kit?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
supergoji

yea seriously, updates?
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

It's a trap...

I've read this thread like a million times...
Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I sent the prototype back and went a different direction as outlined in my build thread
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
DBTre50z

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I sent the prototype back and went a different direction as outlined in my build thread
Somehow i missed this thread a while ago. When i read your NA build thread and you were considering ITBs i didn't realize you were helping design your own. Too bad it didn't work out, not that your car even needs it now
Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They actually are getting close to releasing a kit. I met up with Extrudabody at a Porsche event in Atlanta last month and saw the revised setup for the 350z. The new setup is actually a rapid prototyped plastic center section rather than the aluminum welded section pictures earlier.

The rapid prototyping process using SLA or SLS plastic works great for higher dollar parts such as this. It allows for a llight and low heat conductive part that can have features that would otherwise be near impossible to do via machining or casting. The prototype I saw had all the PCV ports and MAP ports linked together internal to the plenum for a super clean connection setup at the back of the unit. Not sure when they are going to release but I do know the new center section is plastic.

Quick Reply: Extrudabody ITBs with pictures