Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

4.15L NA VQ Engine Build with Rebello and Zcargarge

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
SexyRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting parts...??? oooooh so intriguing. can we get a hint???
Old 12-04-2009, 10:19 AM
DC350ZTrack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following your build closely and I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

I'm sure you'll be putting in on the dyno soon - but any idea how much power this engine is expected to make?

Thanks!
- Matt
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM
gabe3d

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyRob
interesting parts...??? oooooh so intriguing. can we get a hint???
I'll let you know more in detail when things are a little more finalized I'm sure you can guess.

Originally Posted by DC350ZTrack
I've been following your build closely and I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

I'm sure you'll be putting in on the dyno soon - but any idea how much power this engine is expected to make?

Thanks!
- Matt
We have to wait and see. Only a few more days for an initial dyno and at this point I'm just glad to have it back running.

Final numbers are probably one month out still.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:54 PM
allmotorsedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gabe youve done enough teasing already... I have been following this ever you started with header, cam install. I cant wait any longer...... its gonna be a very similar build I would like to do.

When I bring my car back out (it started snowing here in chi-town) in April-May, Im gonna have my car dyno tuned with Osiris... fully stock, tuned and anti-theft

Hopefully I will gain a decent amount...that will be the start of my NA build soon to come.

Gabe your the man, keep up the good work

and give us a hint already
Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM
gabe3d

^I'm sure your build will turn out just as good or better. I wish there were more builds in here so that we can learn from and hopefully mine will help you save a few bucks here and there. BTW, my sleeves are generic non stepped ones. I'll put up more details on the engine when the engine is delivered. There were some changes but for the better (i hope).

Thanks for the kind word

Hold tight, hopefully I'll be able to give you more details on it. Don't want to give too much out before it's finalized
Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
allmotorsedan

Originally Posted by gabe3d
^I'm sure your build will turn out just as good or better. I wish there were more builds in here so that we can learn from and hopefully mine will help you save a few bucks here and there. BTW, my sleeves are generic non stepped ones. I'll put up more details on the engine when the engine is delivered. There were some changes but for the better (i hope).

Thanks for the kind word

Hold tight, hopefully I'll be able to give you more details on it. Don't want to give too much out before it's finalized
Your NA build is very high, if not the highest, on top of the list of awesomeness! Cant forget about _jb, Adam(z1), rednezz, threefivezero z, 1cockyz and their great builds. As well as any other VQer willing to take the NA challenge. My build will be no where as elaborate as yours Gabe! I still haven't thought on how I want to go about it. In reality, I'm waiting on your results and experience with it all. Even then, I can't tackle mine for a long while... urrrr!!!! I hate bills. But I doing pretty good given my situation and age. (23yo, my own house, and the wife lol)

Anyway, gotta take baby steps somewhere(the car), a home is more important than that. But BIG THANKS to you for sharing your build with us. In for more....

Last edited by allmotorsedan; 12-07-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
allmotorsedan

Gabe, do you have any info(specs) in regards to your engine build, CR, cam lift, etc... yet? As for the sleeves, I dont think that they would be that generic if Rebello Racing uses them...
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 PM
gabe3d

Originally Posted by allmotorsedan
Your NA build is very high, if not the highest, on top of the list of awesomeness! Cant forget about _jb, Adam(z1), rednezz, threefivezero z, 1cockyz and their great builds. As well as any other VQer willing to take the NA challenge. My build will be no where as elaborate as yours Gabe! I still haven't thought on how I want to go about it. In reality, I'm waiting on your results and experience with it all. Even then, I can't tackle mine for a long while... urrrr!!!! I hate bills. But I doing pretty good given my situation and age. (23yo, my own house, and the wife lol)

Anyway, gotta take baby steps somewhere(the car), a home is more important than that. But BIG THANKS to you for sharing your build with us. In for more....
I definitely got a lot of useful information from all the builds in the NA section. Though they are scarce, they are filled with good and detailed information.

I don't mind sharing my information at all as I'm sure it will become useful to a lot of guys and I'm glad to hear that you enjoy this build.

Originally Posted by allmotorsedan
Gabe, do you have any info(specs) in regards to your engine build, CR, cam lift, etc... yet? As for the sleeves, I dont think that they would be that generic if Rebello Racing uses them...
I actually do have some of the specs but I will post some of them up later when I receive the engine with the exact build sheet. If you or anyone have any questions I'm sure I can ask them as well.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

in for updates and ideas
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 AM
gabe3d

Things are getting closer and things are looking better and better.

The longblock is basically complete. It will get dressed up and go on the engine dyno, but here are some pics of the bad boy. Hopefully the GT-R injectors will come in soon.

Last edited by gabe3d; 12-09-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

MOAR!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Clean.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:20 AM
gabe3d

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
MOAR!
Trust me, I tried to take more pics of the longblock, but there aren't too many sexy angles. I'll give you "blue steel" standing next to it next time.

I'll ask Zcar to see if they will attend the engine dyno and if they can take some videos. Should be interesting to see and hear. Also looks like they might be able to fully break it in on the machine as well!

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Clean.
Thanks!

Last edited by gabe3d; 12-09-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
allmotorsedan

Very nice Gabe!! It looks like the lower collector was ported/clean up a bit too. GTR fuel injectors... How many CC are those? I assume they bolt in(factory nissan part)...

Just a thought, you can get the engine dyno done then chassis dyno to accurately determine what the driveline loss is...

Last edited by allmotorsedan; 12-09-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 PM
gabe3d

The R35 injectors are 550-570cc, more then enough for my car. It's cheaper and plugs right in supposedly.

Yeah, they will do a break in on the engine dyno and the majority of the tuning/tweaking on there as well. Then the engine will go back inside of the car and get dynoed/tuned on Zcar's Dynojet. No more guessing what drivetrain loss is on my car anymore!

BTW, anybody knows what that red paste is on top of the valves?

Last edited by gabe3d; 12-09-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Gabe, can you pm me how much the injectors were and where you got them......thanks.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

R35 are 570cc...but they ain't cheap
Old 12-09-2009, 12:35 PM
gabe3d

Zcar bought them for me with their Nissan connection and they said it will be as cheap or cheaper then the RC ones.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

RC's are less, but the Nissan are certainly better units - not great, but better for sure (flow pattern leaves a bit to be desired, but it's typical of many OEM injectors)
Old 12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
gabe3d

http://www.gtrblog.com/2009/05/31/ni...st-comparison/

Is this what you are reading as well? The pattern for the OE is definitely different from the other two, but what exactly is a preferred spray pattern and for what application. Do you have any insights? Zcar mentioned that the spray pattern on the GTR ones are better then that of the RC ones.

Quick Reply: 4.15L NA VQ Engine Build with Rebello and Zcargarge