Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

Thoughts & hints for my next setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Zylv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Thoughts & hints for my next setup?

Hello I'm new to this forum but I've been following it for long time already. In past days I've started this little draft VQ35DE build non-FI tuned through UpRev Osiris with the intention to achieve at least 350rwhp in the limits of possible lol. Any thoughts? Any hints? I apologize for my bad english but it's not my main lang!
PS: I'm aware many parts have expensive prices, don't worry!

JWT C9 Camshafts 13.10mm | 283.5 degree + Valve Springs
Wiseco Forged Pistons
Carrillo Forged Connecting Rods + H-Beam
HKS Head Gasket Set
Stillen Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Set ----- maybe stock is better according to JWT(?)
GTR R35 550cc Injectors
Tomei Expreme Titanium Muffler
Tomei Expreme Titanium Mid Y-Pipe
Ceramic Coated PPE Long Tube Headers + Parallel Merge Collectors
Gruppe-M Carbon Fiber Air Intake
Kinetix Velocity Intake Manifold
Koyo Racing Radiator
Mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit
SPAL Dual 12" High-Performance Fan 12V
Nismo Oil Pump
Nismo High Performance Thermostat
Walbro 255 lph In Tank Fuel Pump
NWP Engineering 75mm Throttle Body Kit
Z1 Motorsports Urethane Motor Mounts
Z1 Motorsports Urethane Transmission Mount

I already have stage 2 twin clutch + lightweight flywheel installed.

Last edited by Zylv; 08-03-2018 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:18 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

My advice would be to keep your expectation low bc you have some lofty goals ... good luck!!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,069 Likes on 757 Posts

I think you'll be lucky to hit 300 at the wheels, but good luck with the build! In for results.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 443 Likes on 359 Posts

You're not hitting 350rwhp. Go turbo
Old 08-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Zylv

What about ITB? Any chance?
Old 08-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Zylv

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
I think you'll be lucky to hit 300 at the wheels, but good luck with the build! In for results.
I'm already putting down 275 with stock engine, I guess 300 is the lower I can get(?)
Old 08-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Heel Til I Die

275 at the wheels with no modifications on a DE

I would hate to be labeled a skeptic, but please tell me your secret or share your dyno results of such a thing.
The following users liked this post:
bealljk (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Zylv

275 at the wheels with no modifications on a DE

I would hate to be labeled a skeptic, but please tell me your secret or share your dyno results of such a thing.
Never said that: 5/16 plenum, intake, folded manifolds, mid y pipe, titanium test pipes, muffler Borla, upper stud Cusco, Tomei diff, Tomei steering brackets, SPC arms, NGK irridium candles, UpRev and more I forgot to list

DynoRace by Dimtech in Italy
Old 08-03-2018, 10:35 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Zylv
Never said that: 5/16 plenum, intake, folded manifolds, mid y pipe, titanium test pipes, muffler Borla, upper stud Cusco, Tomei diff, Tomei steering brackets, SPC arms, NGK irridium candles, UpRev and more I forgot to list

So it's your understanding that by essentially adding an aggressive cam, forged internals, gtr injectors (LOL), switching out your exhaust, and going with a 5mm larger TB you'll pick up 75hp more than you are now...I don't think it'll happen but I'd love for you to prove me (and this entire thread) wrong! go make it happen!!!!

275 at the wheels with no modifications on a DE I would hate to be labeled a skeptic, but please tell me your secret or share your dyno results of such a thing.
OPs secret is a 68% correction factor!!

Last edited by bealljk; 08-03-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Zylv

Originally Posted by bealljk

So it's your understanding that by essentially adding an aggressive cam, forged internals, gtr injectors (LOL), switching out your exhaust, and going with a 5mm larger TB you'll pick up 75hp more than you are now...I don't think it'll happen but I'd love for you to prove me (and this entire thread) wrong! go make it happen!!!!

OPs secret is a 68% correction factor!!
Oh from 40% to 68%, I see you got nothing else to do except hating. Where in my first post I said I'm pretending to achieve 350rwhp? I was just asking if I have any chance with that setup, in the case I don't then hints & suggestions are welcome.
That setup draft was made by me whom I'm not a mechanic nor an expert, this is why I ask you guys who got more experience and knowledge than me. Great community indeed... What a shame

PS: I live in Italy and here we don't have DynoJet or **** like that, maybe somewhere very far like Brill Steel. We have to be content with what we have... Even stock DE Z's with +60k miles are sold for not less than $13-14k in my country and we only got about 15 for sale, and you pretend me to find a Dyno like yours here lol
Old 08-05-2018, 05:00 AM
Heel Til I Die

I'm already putting down 275 with stock engine, I guess 300 is the lower I can get(?)
I was just asking if I have any chance with that setup, in the case I don't then hints & suggestions are welcome...

PS: I live in Italy and here we don't have DynoJet or **** like that...
You will not make 350hp at the wheels on a DE at N/A even with all the modifications listed in your first post. You will need to go FI to achieve that number. If you still need a reality check, install everything you listed and see what power you make.

But... if you don't have any type of dyno in Italy, how do you know you're at 275?

Or better question - how will you know that you've reached 350 rwhp with no dyno after all of your modifications?

Not trying to hate... just confused.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:32 AM
Zylv

You will not make 350hp at the wheels on a DE at N/A even with all the modifications listed in your first post. You will need to go FI to achieve that number. If you still need a reality check, install everything you listed and see what power you make.

But... if you don't have any type of dyno in Italy, how do you know you're at 275?

Or better question - how will you know that you've reached 350 rwhp with no dyno after all of your modifications?

Not trying to hate... just confused.
Read last line in my previous post:

​​​​​​​
Do you think I have any chance with Jenvey ITB and stroker kit?

Last edited by Zylv; 08-05-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Oh from 40% to 68%, I see you got nothing else to do except hating.
I was doing some quick math ... standard correction is 25% +/- ... and additional 15% aint gonna get you to 350whp...

Your best chance on this forum (right, wrong, or indifferent) is to not be a little whinny (insert word of your choice...I'll use child so I dont upset the mods) and grow some thick skin ...

made by me whom I'm not a mechanic nor an expert
we know ...

What a shame
what's shameful if you threw up some parts and assumed you were going to add 100hp (without FI) if you did 7 to 10minute worth of searching on this 'community' you'd see that you were pretty far off...but that'll be on you.

We have to be content with what we have... Even stock DE Z's with +60k miles are sold for not less than $13-14k in my country and we only got about 15 for sale, and you pretend me to find a Dyno like yours here lol
Yeah, I love America (I'm sure Italy has its good things) ... it's the best country in the world and all the people that think european society is better ... feel free to move to Italy - where a stock DE goes for $13 and finding a dynojet is damn-near impossible ... granted I live in a large-enough metro - there are 12 to 15 different dyno/engine shops within an hours drive ... and a DE goes for $5 to $7k ... god bless capitalism!!! (end semi-political rant)

OP, I'll be your best friend and your worst critic ... it's up to you on how you receive it...
Old 08-09-2018, 09:39 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,296 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Oil pump is needed, balancing to spin the motor to 8k is needed, port work is needed.

The kinetix intake may work, but for your goals needs to be modified with a bigger elbow to directly fit the 75mm throttle body.

Never researched the rods, but you want the lightest ones possible.

The intake pipe from throttle body to filter, will need to be opened up. Limp Mode Tuning makes a 4 inch inlet pipe.

High na power is possible, just expensive