New Owners Welcome to the Family!

'05 CS Touring = WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:39 PM
All SmileZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 CS Touring = WOW!

Picked up my Z last Saturday. Love it!

They say good things come to those who wait. And I've waited long enough! I had a preorder when the Z was re-released, but turned it down when it arrived (for a variety of reasons). When I was a kid, my father had a silver/greyish 280 (was that primer?). I never got to drive it I joke with him that he got rid of it before I turned 16 so I wouldn't get into trouble. He and a lot of folks were shocked when I traded in my SUV for the Z. I told him I was just finishing what he started I didn't really haul anybody or anything anyway. Besides, my wife drives an SUV, if I need it.

Quick observations:

-- I need an iPod setup! I will give Dension some time for a compatible IceLink (in the short run I'm running a Belkin cassette adapter). If the IceLink takes too long, though, I'm running with the PAC AAI-NIS.

-- I was going for the Enthusiast, but the wifey made it clear she would be happier w/ heated, power, and leather seats. I said cool. Now I'm glad I did. And I'm actually satisified w/ the "Blowse" stereo (so far), considering many of the negative reviews I read about it when the Z first came back out.

-- Coming from a truck, I really need to be careful w/ the Z's low ground clearance. I have a small scrape on the front corner (it isn't noticeable, except for when washing ). I need to be more alert.

Anyway, I hope to post some pics soon. I look forward to learning from you folks.

Smiley
Old 09-15-2005, 08:37 PM
OrbitalPerform

Sounds sweet. Be sure to take a picture of the scratch, there's likely a good touch up solution I or someone can think of. Hope you enjoy your Z and find the trade in worth every dime.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 AM
05_350z_Enth

Congrats on the new Z, and welcome to the family.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:17 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't chrome silver look great!

Kinda like liquid metal. What color interior do you have? Frost? (Light grey)
Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 AM
All SmileZ

Thanks for the greetings, fam!

Orbital, I'll try and get a pic of the scratch. I also need to order some touch-up paint and/or a paint pen for future use.

Tropicalypso, yeah chrome silver does look great! I think it will look even better when I upgrade my wheels. I will sit on these stock 17s through the winter. That will give me time to think about what I want. I do like those 18" anniversary wheels, but I'll probably look for an 18 or 19 aftermarket wheel next spring/summer. Now, to tint or not tint my windows, hmm...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 AM
All SmileZ

Default Some pics

I promised pics (too busy driving -- did a VA Beach trip this past weekend to see family), so here you folks go. But come on now, I'm not posting pics for you folks. I'm posting them for ME Got to still look at the Z when I'm away from it during the day.

I haven't done anything to the car yet, except for removing the car dealership name on the back and on the license plate holders. No free advertising here! However, I would/will happily refer folks to my salesman at Passport Nissan in Maryland.

My first mods will be a K&N air filter replacement or an aircharger and a new set of wheels. I'll probably wait for the spring for both. I just put in a set of black WeatherTech rubber floor mats that look pretty nice. Also, can't wait for my permanent plates to arrive so I can turn around and apply for vanity plates. I have a couple of good ideas. Hope they are available
Attached Thumbnails '05 CS Touring = WOW!-z-resize.jpg   '05 CS Touring = WOW!-zena-and-house3-resize.jpg   '05 CS Touring = WOW!-z-3-resize.jpg