Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

She's here! She's mine! 2006 GT R-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She's a beauty! The volks match perfectly....

Forget the lip for now and get that stock antenna off! That's the first mod I made....
Old 01-27-2006, 04:09 PM
SmokyTyrz

You know..I have a polished shorty antenna from Courtesy ready to go on there. I put it on today, and I didn't like it. The finish on the shorty wasn't so great. Maybe it had been on the shelf a while.

But the main thing was that it was polished. The OEM antennae looks OK to me simply because it is black and blends right in with the car. I know they make black shorties, so I might try one of those and see how it looks. I just need to find one that is better made. The one I got from Courtesy wasn't even really an antenna. Just a metal rod with polished pieces at each end. No wonder they don't work!

May seem odd given the trends, but I might even stick with the OEM antenna. Just my opinion, but it's not really that bad. It's short. It's black. It's made very well. And it actually works compared to the custom shorties. So who knows..

Got the FairladyZ badge on today. Looks perfect on the car. Odd thing..there was no 350Z emblem to take off! It is entirely possible my sales guy heard me say I had a Fairlady badge ready to go on so he had them take it off. But I surprised, and happy!, to find that I had no 350Z emblem to remove first!

Gonna snag more pics tomorrow when the sun reappears.

Cheers,
-Smoky
Old 01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

Check out the s2000 antenna... I think courtesy nissan sells it as well. Its half the height of the stock and has the best reception.

I have a shorty from ebay. reception is good on the street, not so good near hills.

Anyway.... Enjoy the Z and have fun!

Can't wait to see more pics!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:28 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think ANYONE has gotten this much attention for posting pix of their new Z! 4 pages already and it hasn't even been a day. Tells you that you MUST be doing something right! )
Old 01-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Sly_Z

Nice and clean!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Ep3

verry noice
Old 01-27-2006, 04:41 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
I don't think ANYONE has gotten this much attention for posting pix of their new Z! 4 pages already and it hasn't even been a day. Tells you that you MUST be doing something right! )
Agree. I am NOT a fan of exterior mods. But this one looks homogeneous. Thats the best word I can think of.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
SmokyTyrz

Originally Posted by davidv
Agree. I am NOT a fan of exterior mods. But this one looks homogeneous. Thats the best word I can think of.

Interesting comment...I feel the same when I look at it. Like there is something different. I'm still new to the car, so sometimes it's like I'm looking at someone else's car and I find myself making comments like that. lol

So let me ask you this: Do you think this continuity is because there is no lip spoiler? Granted, a lip spoiler would look bad-****. It's a given. A truth, almost. And probably unavoidable given my addiction.

But I'd like to hear your opinion DavidV, since you have a different opinion than others regarding exterior mods. Do you think a lip-spoiler would detract from the whole?

Interested in what others have to say as well, although I think most have already suggested that the lip-spoiler is a must-have. Up to today I've agreed 100%. But now that I see her...I almost think this is maybe the way to go. Maybe a small finishing lip on the front instead of the full Nismo lip. But dang that Nismo lip is puuurty.

Ah the joyful indecisiveness... At least I don't have to worry about it now anyway. Nary a single lip spoiler exists today that will fit this car.

Cheers,
-Smoky
Old 01-27-2006, 04:57 PM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

just get the v2 nismo spoiler it looks a great and i would get one but i already have the carbon fiber v1 nismo knock off
Old 01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
SmokyTyrz

When it arrives... And if you listen to some folks, "if" it arrives..

Good news is I love how it looks without the lip spoiler. So I won't be biting at the bit waiting for it to come out. After this 4-month wait and coordination of the buildup I could use the rest. :-)

I'm not into the V2 noseclip w/ integrated spoiler though. It's just my opinion of course. I think it is interesting. But I'm not much into overhangs in either front or rear. I've owned two Firebirds so I've had enough with cars where you gotta use the force to determine where the nose stops. :-p Plus I think the rounded nose of the OEM clip very clearly matches the lines of the front fender flares.

The 06 OEM nose is worth the hassle though. I really like the design of it. The inset center piece and "notch" are nice touches and really do a lot to freshen up the front of the car. IMHO the design is a positive reaction from Nissan to what you folks have done to modify and personalize that area.

Combined with the new headlights the nose clip really makes a big difference in the overall look. I'll maybe add a lip spoiler but nothing else.

Well..maybe smoked signal lenses too...
Old 01-27-2006, 05:14 PM
ZZ33bOI

Hey SMokey! take some picture of the engine bay and exhaust!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
SmokyTyrz

Tried to snap shots of all that earlier but it was too dark to get a good shot. First thing tomorrow I'll update with some good interior and underhood pics.

And I got the Ti Nismo shift ****. Still warming up to it. It's small! But heck the weight savings between this thing and the OEM shifter (holy heavy knawbs batman!) should net me 5 hp. I think I like it though.

Thx
-Smoky
Old 01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

CongratZ.....Totally sick....Great idea too!!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
lungta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pics are not loading up ?????
Old 01-27-2006, 06:12 PM
bswanny

pics not working???
Old 01-27-2006, 06:12 PM
ASTIG_Z

Love the Nismo Kit, looks perfect with the TE37's. Congrats!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
SmokyTyrz

Thx MC! I'll check it out.

Hit my bandwidth limit for the month in one day. lol Working on it... the owner of the hosting company is my best friend so hopefully he'll cut me some slack. :-)

Last edited by SmokyTyrz; 01-27-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: She's here! She's mine! 2006 GT R-Tune