Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Learning how to drive the car :P

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
juliob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm experiencing the same stuff, trying to learn with this car after 5 years without touching MT vehicles, the problem i have is the clutch being tough. I must change it ASAP because is almost shot (96Kmiles)

It's a very fun car, i hope you get better skills ASAP, i really want to accomplish that
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by hrmiracle
ooook well... everyone was learning at some point, no? including your smartass... don't worry, i dont drive in the ghetto so i doubt you'll ever have to be worried about being behind me.
Welcome to the forum?

4 questions for ya...

1) Do you live on your own, and are paying for where you live?

2) Did you buy and are making the payment on your Z?

3) Why would you buy a Z to learn stick on?

4) Have you ever been on a forum before?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
quiksilverx181

Originally Posted by halfass872
Welcome to the forum?

4 questions for ya...

Why does any of this matter? I dont know why everyone on this forum feels the need to pass every new member through their own personal standards of excellence. WHO CARES! Is the way she or me or anyone else runs their lives going to change anything for you?

Everyone has their own issues. Im sure if i interrogated all of you enough, i could find a laundry list of things to gripe about.

And just to clarify, Im referring specifically to your question about "why would you buy a Z to learn stick on," as well as the seemingly irrelevant questions #1 and #2 (only reason to ask those in this situation is to judge)

/rant.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
kensin0429

Welcome to the forum?

4 questions for ya...

whould you like the answers to be

1 daddy paid for mine
2 daddy paid for mine
3 daddy paid for mine
4 daddy paid for mine

just jk

welcome to the Z family where every one is like angles
Old 05-09-2009, 05:15 AM
halfass872

LMAO!! Look through the forums where kids have made threads like this. My responses are typical! Yal just think you are gonna somehow get some by kissing her a$$. We all know if she was a he it would be game on!!

I don't discriminate. Male or Female we still eat our own, it's part of being on the forum!

<-----LOVES to stir the $hit!!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:37 PM
hrmiracle

Originally Posted by King350Z
lol @ a lot of these responses. Well little lady, how is it coming? If i remember correctly the OP started this thread about a month ago? Should be more proficient at driving your car. I remember when i first got mine. Drove it home from Mission Hills, CA to Whittier, CA. Long drive for barely knowing how to drive stick, lol. Only way to learn is stall constantly and find the sweet spot to get out of first =)
Ahh getting soo much better lol... bro-in-law and my dad are pretty great teachers so despite the fact that all the asses on this site think i can't learn especially on a Z, i'm very happy to prove them wrong. And all the guys who gave legit answers were really helpful... By next week it'll be my daily driving car thanks for asking and i bet Cali is a fun place to drive a Z
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
hrmiracle

Originally Posted by quiksilverx181
Why does any of this matter? I dont know why everyone on this forum feels the need to pass every new member through their own personal standards of excellence. WHO CARES! Is the way she or me or anyone else runs their lives going to change anything for you?

Everyone has their own issues. Im sure if i interrogated all of you enough, i could find a laundry list of things to gripe about.

And just to clarify, Im referring specifically to your question about "why would you buy a Z to learn stick on," as well as the seemingly irrelevant questions #1 and #2 (only reason to ask those in this situation is to judge)

/rant.
Thanks buddy... I don't understand why these "guys" are such haters. Wouldn't any guy love a girl driving stick?? Guess not. Anyways, got it figured out now... and i love it.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hrmiracle
Wouldn't any guy love a girl driving stick??
Well, that all depends.

Age and pics?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:00 PM
hrmiracle

Welcome to the forum?

4 questions for ya...

Cummon'... from one Virginian to another? Where's the love??

1. nope- live outside of DC, no one lives on their own.

2. Yeeep.

3. Cuz i'd rather nooot learn on an '82 accord, thanks.

4. Obviously not or i would have never asked this question

That good enough for you punk?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
nismoZnissan

how about you answer the girl and dont just try to put her down or ask for pics. quit replying if thats all you have to say because this forum is to make friends and give advice, not try to make people feel dumb. I just got my first stick and its a Z. This girl isn't as bad as you guys imagine, I guarantee.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by nismoZnissan
how about you answer the girl and dont just try to put her down or ask for pics. quit replying if thats all you have to say because this forum is to make friends and give advice, not try to make people feel dumb. I just got my first stick and its a Z. This girl isn't as bad as you guys imagine, I guarantee.
You noobs always run to each others defense. We eat our own here!! It's love believe it or not. LOL

Most of us just appear to just be a$$holes, but in reality we have alot of good information to put out. But ALL these questions have been asked a million time. So when someone asks and doesn't search it gets old. This fills the forum up with tons of "useless" posts that have already been answered hunderds of times before!! I had the same crap happen to me when i joined. And i got all defensive too.

After a while you'll understand.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 PM
nismoZnissan

Maybe if you dont want to talk to noobs get the he11 out of the new owners section, thanks. and noone cares how badass you are on this website buddy, we're here to get information we are lookin for. Some of us dont have the time like you nerds who have time to read the whole forum, we want to create a thread and get back on later to see if there's a reply.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
350z-bra

basicly, all you do is:
1. car is running in neutral
2. press in clutch all the way to the floor, holding it down.. shift into first
3. sssllloowwly start letting out the cluch, and adding a little bit of gas.. you will feel it catch. and add more gas as you let out the clutch all the way.
4. now you are cruizing in 1st gear.. between 2-4k push clutch in all the way, and shift into sencond gear, as letting out clutch, add slight pressure to the gas pedal (makes transition between shifts smoother) clutch is out all the way now add gas.
5. repeat ^step 3-6 gear

good luck, it takes practice. my dad taught me those basics, and threw me out on the street cuz i had to go deliver pizza. trust me it just takes alot of trail and error

in for pics too! or at least of the car..
Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by nismoZnissan
Maybe if you dont want to talk to noobs get the he11 out of the new owners section, thanks. and noone cares how badass you are on this website buddy, we're here to get information we are lookin for. Some of us dont have the time like you nerds who have time to read the whole forum, we want to create a thread and get back on later to see if there's a reply.

Keep trying to reform my ways, you'll see the light someday. Maybe you are the badass here!! 70% of my threads aren't spent worrying about others, what's your excuse? How much information have you put out for others to use on this forum? All i see is someone who can't handle differing opinions. And in a place that is built on opinions?

Once you start to enjoy your car you will settle down and absorb the info on here. You too will some day be a "nerd that has time to read the whole forum". Don't fight it!!

Last edited by halfass872; 05-13-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 AM
JSia

i predict a wreck coming soon
Old 05-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Beka Z
Banned

The legitimate answers are very good.

Everyone's learning curves are different...It might take a few months to really feel comfortable at it. I remember I learned to drive a stick in 1 day... My dad tossed me the keys to my first manual car right after I bought it and told me to drive home and don't wreck it in the middle of rush hour traffic. I was a nervous wreck!! He didn't speak a harsh word to me when I did something wrong or stalled- made me figure it out on my own. After we made it home alive, he then said don't come back home until the tank of gas is gone. (I lived way out in the middle of the country on empty roads, which was very nice- no traffic at all) By the time I made it around the neighborhood a couple times, it was getting much easier and I felt pretty comfortable.

IMO I had a better learning experience without anyone else in the car to make me nervous.

Congrats on your Z and if you make it through the guys around here, the forum is pretty entertaining. Just don't take anything personal.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 AM
Vengeance2
Banned

You will be fine as long as you understand the fundementals of a manual transmission.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
shinobi89

At least when she purchased her sports car, she bought a stick...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 AM
nismoZnissan

exactly
Old 05-16-2009, 09:45 PM
shogunxp

my first post. all i gotta say is wow. forum members are a harsh bunch.

btw. you can take off on 2nd gear or either go first gear, then third, then fifth!

hah

Last edited by shogunxp; 05-19-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Learning how to drive the car :P