Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

My New Z with a Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carscrainer
Thanks for all the help. I dont think he even tried to tune the car at all. He did not charge me for any. It just made boost the one time then they hooked up the vacuum lines and it would not make boost after they even tried unhooking it once and it still didnt make boost. I will take some time and have it looked at. Who knows hopefully its something simple
if the belt is not slipping then maybe the bypass valve is not working correctly and is not holding boost..check the threads on it that are coming out of the adjustment screw to see how many are sticking out..def. look at the instruction manual from vortech on how to run the vacuum lines and check to make sure they are right
Old 02-13-2010, 02:55 PM
carscrainer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know where I can find instructions on how to hook up the ss box? I cant find any pics of how to hook up the hose that comes out of the box. I was just trying to find a picture so I could just copy it and know the hose is ran right. Thanks for any help I am going to try and figure out what is wrong with my car on thursday hopefully. I am trying to gather some info before hand so I can hopefully figure this out.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:54 PM
tylerxfire

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...issan/Infiniti

click on the z/G option and download the installation manual or search other sites, this should work
Old 02-13-2010, 08:59 PM
tylerxfire

^^yeah that link works then just click to open it...scroll down to 7.2 fuel management unit and fuel pump installation...thats where it starts to talk about the vacuum lines
Old 02-14-2010, 04:19 AM
carscrainer

Thanks for the site. That should help out alot. Im going to go ahead and get The A/F and boost gauges you showed me also thanks again for the info.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 AM
carscrainer

I was thinking about installing my a/f and boost gauges on the pillar and was wondering if the boost gauge has to have a hose ran for the boost pressure. Does that have to go into the car and will it work with a pillar pod or would the hose get pinched. I know you can put them where the stock nav would come on the car but I use that a lot to put my phone and other odd things in their. Do you still have any room in the cubby with the gauges mounted in their or do they fill it up. My preference would be to mount it on the pillar but I dont want to order the gauge pods until I am sure it can be hooked up their. Let me know what you think.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM
tylerxfire

I was thinking about installing my a/f and boost gauges on the pillar and was wondering if the boost gauge has to have a hose ran for the boost pressure. Does that have to go into the car and will it work with a pillar pod or would the hose get pinched. I know you can put them where the stock nav would come on the car but I use that a lot to put my phone and other odd things in their. Do you still have any room in the cubby with the gauges mounted in their or do they fill it up. My preference would be to mount it on the pillar but I dont want to order the gauge pods until I am sure it can be hooked up their. Let me know what you think.

you can put them wherever u want, either way u have to run hose into the engine bay to T off of ur vacuum line that comes off the passenger side of ur plenum for ur boost gauge. Same line that runs to ur ss box gets T'd for that...

As far as the cubby gauge pod, yes i still put my phone in there and wallet ..there is room above the gauges to still put a few things in there..Either way the wires need to run into ur dash and into ur fuse box on both gauges for getting power to them, and the a/f gauge needs to run out of the grommet on passenger side into the engine bay is what i did then down to the exhaust where the o2 goes into the bung u have to get put on..Hard to explain but i did both mine myself in few hours and used the passenger side grommet to pass the hose and sensor line thru into the engine bay..

using the cubby pod i drilled 2 small holes in each back corner of the cubby on the bottom to drop the wires into the dash then feed them around to the fuse box and pass. grommet, the holes get covered up, and even if i take the gauges out it has that rubber peice which goes over the 2 small holes and covers everything up..nobody would ever know, i actually cut the wires coming out the back of each gauge and uses quick connects so i didnt have to make the holes big and brought the wires up thru individually and connected them back to the gauge and didnt have to make the holes big to pass the sensors thru...the 2 holes i drilled are maybe the size of a pea each...

^^confusing i know u kinda just have to go at it and see for yourself..its not bad

Last edited by tylerxfire; 02-14-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1471-1-.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1473-1-.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1472-1-.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1470-1-.jpg

I took some pics of where they ran that hose. I dont think it is where yours is. I took some other pics of lines that come off my manifold just incase it was the one that yours goes to you could just let me know. They ran my hose to the back center and it t's about the middle of the winshield. I dont know let me know if you see anything obviously wrong thanks
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-100_1463-1-.jpg  

Last edited by carscrainer; 02-14-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
carscrainer

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1469-1-.jpg

My New Z with a Vortech-100_1474-1-.jpg

Alright the two pics where I point with one finger and then two fingers in the previous post are just so you could reference which hose you are talking about. the one with one finger is a bigger hose and the one with two fingers is more in the front corner of the motor. thanks again. Oh yeah and today I went to go take the car to the car wash and it would not start. I am so frustrated but I know it should all work out hopefully sooner than later but I dont know what to do. I am going to call inovative tunning and see if they hooked up to my ss box and changed anything or not but I am pretty sure we never made it that far because of the lack of boost and power.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
carscrainer

sorry about the snowmobile engine picture lol.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:40 PM
carscrainer

Also on the gauge install. Do you have to take the dash apart to run the wires or when you drill the holes where do you end up? The more I know before trying this the better off I would be I guess
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
tylerxfire

ur lines are ran wrong for sure...the line coming off the front of the pass. side plenum should run straight to the ss box...ill try to get pics of my car tomorrow if it is light enough to get some decent pics in the garage...read thru those instructions and see if it will help u understand some things...they are def. wrong though, nothing needs to go to the back of the plenum near the throttle body unless they installed another vacuum port back there for some reason..
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
tylerxfire

Also on the gauge install. Do you have to take the dash apart to run the wires or when you drill the holes where do you end up? The more I know before trying this the better off I would be I guess
if u go to the DIY section in the audio part there is instructions on getting the dash apart...u do need to take a few things apart..nothing hard by any means, everything is pretty simple..
Old 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM
tylerxfire

really hard to tell from ur pics, but that line that comes out of ur battery box is the line from the ss box...that should run straight to the plenum nipple on the pass. side front where it seems that line is running down toward the fmu or something...shouldnt be like that...as of now ur ss box line is running back toward the throttle body for some reason and like i said the line coming off that nipple is running down toward the fmu
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM
tylerxfire

nothing wrong with this that u are pointing at
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-nothing-wrong.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
tylerxfire

this is wrong...ur ss box line that comes out of the battery box should run and t off of this line that is going to the fmu, unless like i said it is running to a aftermarket nipple in the back someone put in..i cant tell from the pic...where is that line running to from the ss box as of now?

ill get u pics if i can tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-plenum-line.jpg  
Old 02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
carscrainer

I have the day off so I will take some more pics in the morning and read through the manual and wait and see if you can put some pics of your car up. That would be great and then see if I can get this figured out. Thanks again for your time. The ss box hose comes outof the battery box and runs to the back inbetween the throttle body. It is the picture of the hose with the t that I am holding that is in the back of the motor by the windshield. That is where they ran the hose. They just have a bunch of subaru's at inovative tuning and the place had no heat when I went. It was a joke freazin my but off for them to make my car run worse and charge me $400 bucks WTF. Oh well whats done is done and I just want to move on and get my car going in the right direction.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
tylerxfire

I have the day off so I will take some more pics in the morning and read through the manual and wait and see if you can put some pics of your car up. That would be great and then see if I can get this figured out. Thanks again for your time. The ss box hose comes outof the battery box and runs to the back inbetween the throttle body. It is the picture of the hose with the t that I am holding that is in the back of the motor by the windshield. That is where they ran the hose. They just have a bunch of subaru's at inovative tuning and the place had no heat when I went. It was a joke freazin my but off for them to make my car run worse and charge me $400 bucks WTF. Oh well whats done is done and I just want to move on and get my car going in the right direction.
ill get u some pics tomorrow afternoon or night...i have to bring my dog to the vet in the morning..After it is running right i think u should take it to vinny ten
Old 02-14-2010, 08:45 PM
tylerxfire

heres a sled...F7 chassis with a F1000 built motor spraying a 100 shot slammed with all kinds of weight reduction....its a drag sled

380 hp at the track as of now
Attached Thumbnails My New Z with a Vortech-me-on-sled.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 AM
carscrainer

So i took out the t that inovative installed and just left the ss box hose unhooked like they found it and my car started right up this morning. So I took it for a ten minute ride to see how she was doing. If I got into the gas it would run lean or something so I took the hose from the ss box and hooked it up into the front left vacuum hose that goes down towards my fmu. The car seems to be running alright. I know it still needs tuned but I want to check and see what my fuel pressure is doing under boost and check some other things like that. I have thursday off and hopefully can get everything working good again so I can get it tuned.

Quick Reply: My New Z with a Vortech